Skip to content

2025 College Football Awards

The Browns Board
7 3 490
  • Since it's CFP & Bowl Season getting your insatiable appetites for the 2026 NFL Draft - here's a couple different cut and pastes from attached links for a list of awards that were presented to players and coaches for what they accomplished on the gridiron:

    https://www.si.com/college-football/college-football-awards-2025-full-list-of-winners-top-annual-honors

    image.png.afd5452a3631bc6ce4abb5186b25f35c.png

            image.png.e3ca22d0c4940fae712c77dce1eb7ed3.png

             image.png.c9c1612dd7c2a0b2687235fa99f85f4c.png

             image.png.61c0855a69b2352bc84c9ea472f3710d.png

              image.png.0c6c867d098a9d3a5ad898e51c8ba6ff.png

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-awards-2025-where-to-watch-winners/

    Award Category 2025 Winner
    Maxwell Award Player of the Year Fernando Mendoza | Indiana
    Walter Camp Award Player of the Year Fernando Mendoza | Indiana
    Home Depot Award Coach of the Year Curt Cignetti | Indiana 
    Jim Thorpe Award Best Defensive Back Caleb Downs | Ohio State 
    Davey O'Brien Award Best Quarterback Fernando Mendoza | Indiana
    Rimington Award Best Center Logan Jones | Iowa
    Lou Groza Award Best Placekicker Tate Sandell | Oklahoma
    Butkus Award Best Linebacker Jacob Rodriguez | Texas Tech
    Doak Walker Award Best Running Back Jeremiyah Love | Notre Dame
    Biletnikoff Award Outstanding Receiver Makai Lemon | USC
    John Mackey Award Best Tight End Eli Stowers | Vanderbilt
    Outland Trophy Best Interior Lineman Spencer Fano | Utah
    Ray Guy Award Best Punter Brett Thorson | Georgia 
    Bednarik Award Defensive Player of the Year Jacob Rodriguez | Texas Tech 
    Bronko Nagurski Trophy Defensive Player of the Year Jacob Rodriguez | Texas Tech 
    Burlsworth Trophy Top Former Walk-On Drew Mestemaker | North Texas
    Disney Spirit Award Most Inspirational Jeremiyah Love | Notre Dame
    William V. Campbell Trophy Academic Heisman Eli Stowers | Vanderbilt
    Wuerffel Trophy Community Service Michael Taaffe | Texas
     
  • Interesting that KC Concepcion was the most versatile player. Pretty much what you and I were saying already. 

    And Eli Stowers was originally a QB for A&M, but became the best TE after transfer to Vandy. Of note is that his sister was a comeback Volleyball key player on the A&M National Champs after having retired over a year due to an injury. She blasted the match ending final shot to win the final set. Two great athletes from one family.

  • Interesting that KC Concepcion was the most versatile player. Pretty much what you and I were saying already. 

    And Eli Stowers was originally a QB for A&M, but became the best TE after transfer to Vandy. Of note is that his sister was a comeback Volleyball key player on the A&M National Champs after having retired over a year due to an injury. She blasted the match ending final shot to win the final set. Two great athletes from one family.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Interesting that KC Concepcion was the most versatile player. Pretty much what you and I were saying already. 

    You and I have mentioned him quite a few times, I’d really like him as a second WR taken for the Browns but I think he’s moving up the draft… instead of being a third rounder he might end up closer to the first 

  • Interesting that KC Concepcion was the most versatile player. Pretty much what you and I were saying already. 

    And Eli Stowers was originally a QB for A&M, but became the best TE after transfer to Vandy. Of note is that his sister was a comeback Volleyball key player on the A&M National Champs after having retired over a year due to an injury. She blasted the match ending final shot to win the final set. Two great athletes from one family.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Interesting that KC Concepcion was the most versatile player. Pretty much what you and I were saying already. 

    And Eli Stowers was originally a QB for A&M, but became the best TE after transfer to Vandy. Of note is that his sister was a comeback Volleyball key player on the A&M National Champs after having retired over a year due to an injury. She blasted the match ending final shot to win the final set. Two great athletes from one family.

    Yeah, KC Concepcion & Marcel Reed were the reasons I shared with you early on I thought their offense had the best foot speed I've seen this year.  I'd be curious to see if their clock speeds are as fast as their game speed.  It's fun to watch someone with the football looking through a crowd of defenders as he spots what/where is going to open up while defenders are only looking at him.  The most underrated intangible in football is vision - it can make people play faster than others with better foot speed (and quite often does).  

  • Turns out the "announcement" by Mendoza that he was coming back was fake.

  • Turns out the "announcement" by Mendoza that he was coming back was fake.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Turns out the "announcement" by Mendoza that he was coming back was fake.

    ? When was this announcement I missed?  Not saying it didn't happen - I'm just surprised to hear it considering nobody is even close to him talent wise. 

    Dante Moore has a lot of upside yadda yadda yadda; but basic essentials like taking the snap from Center or handing off or pitching the ball are far too sloppy for comfort.  Yes, he makes nice throws behind one of the best Olines; but he has a lot of bad habits.  Unfortunately, practice makes perfect with bad habits too - to the extent some could be beyond the point of no return.  I think I see a Sam Darnold (that was a WR & Linebacker as a sophomore in high school before he was moved to QB).  Very athletic like Moore but look how long his bad QB habits took before he could be mentioned with the other QBs in his draft class (that also had some bad habits to overcome) like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield (when healthy),etc.  Anyway, Darnold has finally arrived the last 2 seasons playing for teams with enough talent to make the playoffs. It took a lot for all the stars and planets to align for him.  JMO, I think whoever drafts Moore will need to be patient with how quickly he'll be ready.

    Lucky for me, I don't have a career riding on my QB predictions.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Turns out the "announcement" by Mendoza that he was coming back was fake.

    ? When was this announcement I missed?  Not saying it didn't happen - I'm just surprised to hear it considering nobody is even close to him talent wise. 

    Dante Moore has a lot of upside yadda yadda yadda; but basic essentials like taking the snap from Center or handing off or pitching the ball are far too sloppy for comfort.  Yes, he makes nice throws behind one of the best Olines; but he has a lot of bad habits.  Unfortunately, practice makes perfect with bad habits too - to the extent some could be beyond the point of no return.  I think I see a Sam Darnold (that was a WR & Linebacker as a sophomore in high school before he was moved to QB).  Very athletic like Moore but look how long his bad QB habits took before he could be mentioned with the other QBs in his draft class (that also had some bad habits to overcome) like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield (when healthy),etc.  Anyway, Darnold has finally arrived the last 2 seasons playing for teams with enough talent to make the playoffs. It took a lot for all the stars and planets to align for him.  JMO, I think whoever drafts Moore will need to be patient with how quickly he'll be ready.

    Lucky for me, I don't have a career riding on my QB predictions.

    @flugel said:

    ? When was this announcement I missed?  Not saying it didn't happen - I'm just surprised to hear it considering nobody is even close to him talent wise. 

    There was a youtube video of him announcing, but it's an AI driven fake. Have a look. Kinda funny really. ?