Poor Buckeye LT Austin Siereveld Tried Playing Through an Injury
-
Last night might have been the worst game this 3rd Team All Big Ten Conference selection had since becoming a starter at LT. He had a lower leg injury not specified early in the game; but like anyone in his shoes - he tried to suck it up and play through it. Unfortunately, suck it up led to stunk it up at the worst possible time with all eyes on him regarding the draft coming up. Eventually #69 Ian Moore replaced him - and he was more efficient under the circumstances. In fairness, I've never seen Siereveld look that bad - and he's usually pretty solid as the well deserved All Conference selection of him acknowledges (I'm guessing he'll be a OG at the next level). FWIW, Cleveland Browns current LT Cam Robinson looks worse than that against everyone and he was a 2nd round pick for the Jaguars in 2017. Austin, don't let 1 game get you down - thanks for good season young man!!
Before anyone reminds me it was against Miami DE Rueben Bain Jr - I know that and I've seen other tackles do far better damage control against him. For example, I saw Miami's loss vrs Louisville...
This might be the right spot to mention this - Michael Irvin looked like he had the energy to take on Godzilla last night. I always get a kick out of his enthusiasm. That said, one doesn't have to be the brightest apple in the orchard to wonder if that was just a little more than a daily vitamin kicking in...
Last night might have been the worst game this 3rd Team All Big Ten Conference selection has since becoming a starter at LT. He had a lower leg injury not specified early in the game; but like anyone in his shoes - he tried to suck it up and play through it. Unfortunately, suck it up led to stunk it up at the worst possible time with all eyes on him regarding the draft coming up. Eventually #69 Ian Moore replaced him - and he was more efficient under the circumstances. In fairness, I've never seen Siereveld look that bad - and he's usually pretty solid as the well deserved All Conference selection of him acknowledges (I'm guessing he'll be a OG at the next level). FWIW, Cleveland Browns current LT Cam Robinson looks worse than that against everyone and he was a 2nd round pick for the Jaguars in 2017. Austin, don't let 1 game get you down - thanks for good season young man!!
Before anyone reminds me it was against Miami DE Rueben Bain Jr - I know that and I've seen other tackles do far better damage control against him. For example, I saw their loss vrs Louisville...
This might be the right spot to mention this - Michael Irvin looked like he had the energy to take on Godzilla last night. I always get a kick out of his enthusiasm. That said, one doesn't have to be the brightest apple in the orchard to wonder if that was just a little more than a daily vitamin kicking in...
Don't forget all of the coke he pumped up through his nostrils... I'm surprised he's still ticking...
-
Considering the 30+ swirling winds A&M's pass oriented team had to deal with vs zero wind, I guess they were not as bad as assumed after all. Miami has what it takes, an excellent defense. Should be interesting to see how they handle the winner of the Ole Miss-Georgia game.
-
Last night might have been the worst game this 3rd Team All Big Ten Conference selection has since becoming a starter at LT. He had a lower leg injury not specified early in the game; but like anyone in his shoes - he tried to suck it up and play through it. Unfortunately, suck it up led to stunk it up at the worst possible time with all eyes on him regarding the draft coming up. Eventually #69 Ian Moore replaced him - and he was more efficient under the circumstances. In fairness, I've never seen Siereveld look that bad - and he's usually pretty solid as the well deserved All Conference selection of him acknowledges (I'm guessing he'll be a OG at the next level). FWIW, Cleveland Browns current LT Cam Robinson looks worse than that against everyone and he was a 2nd round pick for the Jaguars in 2017. Austin, don't let 1 game get you down - thanks for good season young man!!
Before anyone reminds me it was against Miami DE Rueben Bain Jr - I know that and I've seen other tackles do far better damage control against him. For example, I saw their loss vrs Louisville...
This might be the right spot to mention this - Michael Irvin looked like he had the energy to take on Godzilla last night. I always get a kick out of his enthusiasm. That said, one doesn't have to be the brightest apple in the orchard to wonder if that was just a little more than a daily vitamin kicking in...
Don't forget all of the coke he pumped up through his nostrils... I'm surprised he's still ticking...
-
Miami has two elite twitchy pass rushers that Ohio State couldn’t handle. Getting wide and screaming upfield. Very few max protects- we chipped on occasion and it resulted in a drive for a touchdown.
Having said that I was surprised we didn’t use their aggressiveness against them. We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
and game in the line 17-14 way too plodding and slow - no pace no urgency and then empty sets leaving slow footed tackles in an island.
Frustrating game.
And then two fumbles by Toney pop up right in his arms….wasnt going to our night that is for sure
Hats off to Carson Beck - doing nothing usual but managing the game taking 5-8 yard routes that OSU gave up freely and doing some timely scrambles and running angry.
-
Miami has two elite twitchy pass rushers that Ohio State couldn’t handle. Getting wide and screaming upfield. Very few max protects- we chipped on occasion and it resulted in a drive for a touchdown.
Having said that I was surprised we didn’t use their aggressiveness against them. We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
and game in the line 17-14 way too plodding and slow - no pace no urgency and then empty sets leaving slow footed tackles in an island.
Frustrating game.
And then two fumbles by Toney pop up right in his arms….wasnt going to our night that is for sure
Hats off to Carson Beck - doing nothing usual but managing the game taking 5-8 yard routes that OSU gave up freely and doing some timely scrambles and running angry.
Miami has two elite twitchy pass rushers that Ohio State couldn’t handle. Getting wide and screaming upfield. Very few max protects- we chipped on occasion and it resulted in a drive for a touchdown.
Having said that I was surprised we didn’t use their aggressiveness against them. We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
and game in the line 17-14 way too plodding and slow - no pace no urgency and then empty sets leaving slow footed tackles in an island.
Frustrating game.
And then two fumbles by Toney pop up right in his arms….wasnt going to our night that is for sure
Hats off to Carson Beck - doing nothing usual but managing the game taking 5-8 yard routes that OSU gave up freely and doing some timely scrambles and running angry.
Well put! Very frustrating to watch. Miami has some very good team speed (especially on that D) & if Jason Taylor coaches like he played - that's gonna be a tough team to beat the rest of the CFP IF Beck doesn't self destruct...
-
Miami has two elite twitchy pass rushers that Ohio State couldn’t handle. Getting wide and screaming upfield. Very few max protects- we chipped on occasion and it resulted in a drive for a touchdown.
Having said that I was surprised we didn’t use their aggressiveness against them. We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
and game in the line 17-14 way too plodding and slow - no pace no urgency and then empty sets leaving slow footed tackles in an island.
Frustrating game.
And then two fumbles by Toney pop up right in his arms….wasnt going to our night that is for sure
Hats off to Carson Beck - doing nothing usual but managing the game taking 5-8 yard routes that OSU gave up freely and doing some timely scrambles and running angry.
Well put! Very frustrating to watch. Miami has some very good team speed (especially on that D) & if Jason Taylor coaches like he played - that's gonna be a tough team to beat the rest of the CFP IF Beck doesn't self destruct...
Well put! Very frustrating to watch. Miami has some very good team speed (especially on that D) & if Jason Taylor coaches like he played - that's gonna be a tough team to beat the rest of the CFP IF Beck doesn't self destruct...
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
-
Well put! Very frustrating to watch. Miami has some very good team speed (especially on that D) & if Jason Taylor coaches like he played - that's gonna be a tough team to beat the rest of the CFP IF Beck doesn't self destruct...
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
Yeah, that could be a good one with turnovers playing the biggest role in who wins. Turnovers are why Carson Beck never got his starting job back at Georgia. Having said that, I just heard the Natty will be played at Miami (giving them a gigantic home field advantage if they should make it). Interesting story lines ahead...
-
Well put! Very frustrating to watch. Miami has some very good team speed (especially on that D) & if Jason Taylor coaches like he played - that's gonna be a tough team to beat the rest of the CFP IF Beck doesn't self destruct...
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
I was amazed that Miami's def and off lines dominated like they did to Ohio State. Indiana is a terrific team - a whole lot of nice talent everywhere, and they really play fast as a team. Mendoza rocked.... that would be an awesome matchup.
-
I would not be surprised to see a throwback defensive National Championship game between Miami and Indiana.
I was amazed that Miami's def and off lines dominated like they did to Ohio State. Indiana is a terrific team - a whole lot of nice talent everywhere, and they really play fast as a team. Mendoza rocked.... that would be an awesome matchup.
-
can they beat oregon twice ?
I said that same thing in another thread. Oregon has a true freshman on their DLine that is the son of the Defensive Coach while Texas Tech felt he was a Son of a Bitch - he took over the line of scrimmage. That is a well coached team and a well oiled machine.
-
Miami has two elite twitchy pass rushers that Ohio State couldn’t handle. Getting wide and screaming upfield. Very few max protects- we chipped on occasion and it resulted in a drive for a touchdown.
Having said that I was surprised we didn’t use their aggressiveness against them. We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
and game in the line 17-14 way too plodding and slow - no pace no urgency and then empty sets leaving slow footed tackles in an island.
Frustrating game.
And then two fumbles by Toney pop up right in his arms….wasnt going to our night that is for sure
Hats off to Carson Beck - doing nothing usual but managing the game taking 5-8 yard routes that OSU gave up freely and doing some timely scrambles and running angry.
We had ONE RB screen all game that worked beautifully I didn’t see a draw play, a tunnel screen anything.
I was praying that Day took note of the Miami defense going all out in rushing the QB, and throw a screen pass.
Then he did with success, but we can’t have that so he didn’t do it again.
The Buckeyes had 3 things going against them.
1) Ryan Day calling plays.
2) Bad offensive line play.
3) A shitty kicker…again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login