Stefanski Gone
-
avens interview Kevin Stefanski for head coaching job appeared first on ClutchPoints. Add ClutchPoints as a Preferred Source by clicking here.
The Baltimore Ravens shocked the NFL world after deciding to fire John Harbaugh as head coach shortly after the 26-24 Week 18 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. With the front office conducting several interviews, it sounds like Kevin Stefanski just wrapped up his with the organization.
Baltimore announced on Friday that it had officially completed an interview with the former Cleveland Browns head coach. The Ravens are the third team Stefanski has interviewed with, as he’s also spoken with the New York Giants and Las Vegas Raiders. He is scheduled for an interview with the Tennessee Titans on Saturday.
“We have completed an interview with Kevin Stefanski for our head coach position.”
Upon being fired from the Browns, the common belief is that the 43-year-old head coach is considered one of the top candidates in this year’s cycle. Kevin Stefanski ended his six-year tenure in Cleveland with a 46-58 overall record (1-2 playoff record) and took home two Coach of the Year Awards (2020, 2023).
Teams around the league, including the Ravens, seem to believe in Stefanski’s potential as a head coach. Despite only winning 44.6% of his games with the Browns, many of the faults can be blamed on the front office decisions made by the organization. With one key factor being the trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson, which cost the franchise five total draft picks (three of them being first-rounders) and $230 million of guaranteed money to Watson.
A fresh start with a new team could be exactly what Kevin Stefanski needs to continue his career. With most of his lined-up interviews nearly complete, we should expect to see several organizations schedule a second round interview with him.
-
Stefanski with Lamar Jackson feels like a horrible fit, like Deshaun Watson was.
Then again, Dart in NY is an odd fit too. Apparently he's never played under center.
While he's only 43, in some ways his offensive philosophy is very dated.
-
-
Stefanski with Lamar Jackson feels like a horrible fit, like Deshaun Watson was.
Then again, Dart in NY is an odd fit too. Apparently he's never played under center.
While he's only 43, in some ways his offensive philosophy is very dated.
Stefanski with Lamar Jackson feels like a horrible fit, like Deshaun Watson was.
Then again, Dart in NY is an odd fit too. Apparently he's never played under center.
While he's only 43, in some ways his offensive philosophy is very dated.
This is a strange comment for a few reasons.
- We're not taking into account that Stef would be coaching a team previously overseen by Todd Monken. Much of what you've expressed were the same things said by Ravens fans at the 2023 season.
Lo & behold, Lamar had one of his most efficient seasons as a passer, playing more under center, without sacrificing the vertical passing game. This minimized hits on Lamars body too, asking him to grow more as a passer. As a result, he went his 1st full season without missing a game since his rookie year. Sound familiar? They've had 2 playoff wins under Monken and were a couple bad throws from a SuperBowl appearance.
- Scheme. Unless your running game is QB centric (even then, bleh) the under center, wide zone & pin/pull based teams currently rock 4 of the 5 top spots of total offense for current playoff teams.
For all the talk of "dated scheme", I've yet to find anyone to actually explain what that means with any supportive detail. Perhaps you could lean in that for me?
-
so, about the ravens -
The ratbirds have their three WR starters -
first round draft picks.
Flowers, Bateman and Hopkins. The first two were ratbird first round picks. The first two were drafted by the ratbirds. Hopkins was a 1st rounder from Houston.
Left tackle Stanley - a ratbird first round pick.
Right tackle - a ratbird 2nd round pick.
Center, Liedenbaum....a ratbird first round pick.
and Jackson had a better year throwing downfield.
ok, Jackson has had a ton of help to get better over the years.
Monken - benefits from talent.
He wouldn't have any of that with the Browns, because they draft stupid, except for last year. and they did not draft a wr or olineman last year.
The Browns' drafting is the problem. The inept haslams need to go, or just STFU, and Berry needs to listen to the new HC a lot more in the draft.
-
so, about the ravens -
The ratbirds have their three WR starters -
first round draft picks.
Flowers, Bateman and Hopkins. The first two were ratbird first round picks. The first two were drafted by the ratbirds. Hopkins was a 1st rounder from Houston.
Left tackle Stanley - a ratbird first round pick.
Right tackle - a ratbird 2nd round pick.
Center, Liedenbaum....a ratbird first round pick.
and Jackson had a better year throwing downfield.
ok, Jackson has had a ton of help to get better over the years.
Monken - benefits from talent.
He wouldn't have any of that with the Browns, because they draft stupid, except for last year. and they did not draft a wr or olineman last year.
The Browns' drafting is the problem. The inept haslams need to go, or just STFU, and Berry needs to listen to the new HC a lot more in the draft.
so, about the ravens -
The ratbirds have their three WR starters -
first round draft picks.
Flowers, Bateman and Hopkins. The first two were ratbird first round picks. The first two were drafted by the ratbirds. Hopkins was a 1st rounder from Houston.
Left tackle Stanley - a ratbird first round pick.
Right tackle - a ratbird 2nd round pick.
Center, Liedenbaum....a ratbird first round pick.
and Jackson had a better year throwing downfield.
ok, Jackson has had a ton of help to get better over the years.
Monken - benefits from talent.
He wouldn't have any of that with the Browns, because they draft stupid, except for last year. and they did not draft a wr or olineman last year.
The Browns' drafting is the problem. The inept haslams need to go, or just STFU, and Berry needs to listen to the new HC a lot more in the draft.
There's a new Head Coach? Sorry, I'm still getting haunted by the Ghost of Christmas past...
-
Apparently Stefanski's the front runner for the Falcons job. Not a bad spot where he's reunited with Cousins and you can win the division sub .500. Hopefully he trades for Gabriel ?.
-
Apparently Stefanski's the front runner for the Falcons job. Not a bad spot where he's reunited with Cousins and you can win the division sub .500. Hopefully he trades for Gabriel ?.
Apparently Stefanski's the front runner for the Falcons job. Not a bad spot where he's reunited with Cousins and you can win the division sub .500. Hopefully he trades for Gabriel ?.
Cousins contract was just reworked such that they will be releasing him in March. Also looking like he might be getting Matt Ryan's TV gig
-
Apparently Stefanski's the front runner for the Falcons job. Not a bad spot where he's reunited with Cousins and you can win the division sub .500. Hopefully he trades for Gabriel ?.
Cousins contract was just reworked such that they will be releasing him in March. Also looking like he might be getting Matt Ryan's TV gig
Cousins contract was just reworked such that they will be releasing him in March. Also looking like he might be getting Matt Ryan's TV gig
you do not think he may like to play more ? I mean tv will all ways be there. I believe he has some left in the tank and that Indy may be a good spot for him.
-
Cousins contract was just reworked such that they will be releasing him in March. Also looking like he might be getting Matt Ryan's TV gig
you do not think he may like to play more ? I mean tv will all ways be there. I believe he has some left in the tank and that Indy may be a good spot for him.
you do not think he may like to play more ? I mean tv will all ways be there. I believe he has some left in the tank and that Indy may be a good spot for him.
Anything is possible. I am 99% sure if he were to play next year it won't be in ATL. But if he played he would go where he can be the starter. Current indications are IND plans to resign Jones and he would be back next year. I don't think Cousins would sign up for temporary starter.
-
you do not think he may like to play more ? I mean tv will all ways be there. I believe he has some left in the tank and that Indy may be a good spot for him.
Anything is possible. I am 99% sure if he were to play next year it won't be in ATL. But if he played he would go where he can be the starter. Current indications are IND plans to resign Jones and he would be back next year. I don't think Cousins would sign up for temporary starter.
Anything is possible. I am 99% sure if he were to play next year it won't be in ATL. But if he played he would go where he can be the starter. Current indications are IND plans to resign Jones and he would be back next year. I don't think Cousins would sign up for temporary starter.
YIKES a back up to Jones ? really ? hell i would start Cousins over jones in a heartbeat and I am sure he would start for The Browns, of course I could be wrong about The Browns guess it depends on who they hire
-
Anything is possible. I am 99% sure if he were to play next year it won't be in ATL. But if he played he would go where he can be the starter. Current indications are IND plans to resign Jones and he would be back next year. I don't think Cousins would sign up for temporary starter.
YIKES a back up to Jones ? really ? hell i would start Cousins over jones in a heartbeat and I am sure he would start for The Browns, of course I could be wrong about The Browns guess it depends on who they hire
YIKES a back up to Jones ? really ? hell i would start Cousins over jones in a heartbeat and I am sure he would start for The Browns, of course I could be wrong about The Browns guess it depends on who they hire
Jones was playing really well until his injury. As was Indy.
Similar to Darnold, I am not buying Jones.
-
YIKES a back up to Jones ? really ? hell i would start Cousins over jones in a heartbeat and I am sure he would start for The Browns, of course I could be wrong about The Browns guess it depends on who they hire
Jones was playing really well until his injury. As was Indy.
Similar to Darnold, I am not buying Jones.
Jones was playing really well until his injury. As was Indy.
Similar to Darnold, I am not buying Jones.
I was planning on going to Seattle today just to feel the atmosphere of winning football, there are a lot of great bars around lumin field, But I became a grand father yesterday on what would have been my mothers 87th birthday
-
Jones was playing really well until his injury. As was Indy.
Similar to Darnold, I am not buying Jones.
I was planning on going to Seattle today just to feel the atmosphere of winning football, there are a lot of great bars around lumin field, But I became a grand father yesterday on what would have been my mothers 87th birthday
-
Jones was playing really well until his injury. As was Indy.
Similar to Darnold, I am not buying Jones.
I was planning on going to Seattle today just to feel the atmosphere of winning football, there are a lot of great bars around lumin field, But I became a grand father yesterday on what would have been my mothers 87th birthday
I was planning on going to Seattle today just to feel the atmosphere of winning football, there are a lot of great bars around lumin field, But I became a grand father yesterday on what would have been my mothers 87th birthday
Congrats man.
I was just in Seattle first time last month toured Lumen Field and T Mobile. Watched the OSU Indiana game at a place called Sluggers right by the stadium. Fun city. Check out the Needle and the Market and grab some Clam Chowder
-
I was planning on going to Seattle today just to feel the atmosphere of winning football, there are a lot of great bars around lumin field, But I became a grand father yesterday on what would have been my mothers 87th birthday
Congrats man.
I was just in Seattle first time last month toured Lumen Field and T Mobile. Watched the OSU Indiana game at a place called Sluggers right by the stadium. Fun city. Check out the Needle and the Market and grab some Clam Chowder
Congrats man.
I was just in Seattle first time last month toured Lumen Field and T Mobile. Watched the OSU Indiana game at a place called Sluggers right by the stadium. Fun city. Check out the Needle and the Market and grab some Clam Chowder
i have been to that bar LOL
edit: Seattle is a great city if you know where to go and not go, Capitol hill can be a little sketchy but damn good live music
-
Congrats man.
I was just in Seattle first time last month toured Lumen Field and T Mobile. Watched the OSU Indiana game at a place called Sluggers right by the stadium. Fun city. Check out the Needle and the Market and grab some Clam Chowder
i have been to that bar LOL
edit: Seattle is a great city if you know where to go and not go, Capitol hill can be a little sketchy but damn good live music
i have been to that bar LOL
edit: Seattle is a great city if you know where to go and not go, Capitol hill can be a little sketchy but damn good live music
Yeah it stood out. So we made a stop there.
Great Live music. I stumbled onto a small place don’t remember the name with a couple 90s rock/alternative bands. Soundgarden photos all over the walls.
I was impressed I thought the city would taken over with homeless like SD and SF but things were pretty clean and open and lively.
-
i have been to that bar LOL
edit: Seattle is a great city if you know where to go and not go, Capitol hill can be a little sketchy but damn good live music
Yeah it stood out. So we made a stop there.
Great Live music. I stumbled onto a small place don’t remember the name with a couple 90s rock/alternative bands. Soundgarden photos all over the walls.
I was impressed I thought the city would taken over with homeless like SD and SF but things were pretty clean and open and lively.
Yeah it stood out. So we made a stop there.
Great Live music. I stumbled onto a small place don’t remember the name with a couple 90s rock/alternative bands. Soundgarden photos all over the walls.
I was impressed I thought the city would taken over with homeless like SD and SF but things were pretty clean and open and lively.
if the bar was near the market it probably was the showbox, soundgarden pearl jam nirvana played there a lot, if you go north west of the market you will find the homeless and needle park , dont go there
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

