Skip to content

Ratbirds Fire Harbaugh

The Browns Board
87 24 1.4k 1
  • @orion said:

    Right.  But, he didn't.  So Harbaugh can't come to Cleveland.  He wants to pick his own GM.  But Jimmy has a GM.  He just committed to him by firing only Stef. 

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    @vaportrail said:

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    That would entail the Head Coach ruling the Owner.  That won't happen.

  • @orion said:

    Right.  But, he didn't.  So Harbaugh can't come to Cleveland.  He wants to pick his own GM.  But Jimmy has a GM.  He just committed to him by firing only Stef. 

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    @vaportrail said:

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    Your Honor, stupid is as stupid does.-Forrest Gump

  • @vaportrail said:

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    I would be shocked, no SHOCKED if Harbaugh even remotely considered taking the Browns job.

    In fact, I'll call it now: The next Browns HC will be a guy who got next to no other HC offers.

    In 2019, when the Browns hired Freddie Kitchens, they also interviewed Stefanski. Stefanski had no other HC interviews.

    In 2020, after firing Kitchens, the Browns interviewed Stefanski. He had no other HC interviews. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would be shocked, no SHOCKED if Harbaugh even remotely considered taking the Browns job.

    In fact, I'll call it now: The next Browns HC will be a guy who got next to no other HC offers.

    In 2019, when the Browns hired Freddie Kitchens, they also interviewed Stefanski. Stefanski had no other HC interviews.

    In 2020, after firing Kitchens, the Browns interviewed Stefanski. He had no other HC interviews. 

    I agree Harbaugh probably not interested. Doesn't fucking matter, go make an offer and get him here. 

  • @vaportrail said:

    That was probably true before Harbaugh hit the market. But now that Jimmy has an option that is far and away the top choice, he's an idiot if he keeps himself tethered to Berry. 

    That would entail the Head Coach ruling the Owner.  That won't happen.

    @orion said:

    That would entail the Head Coach ruling the Owner.  That won't happen.

    The owner needs to sell a bunch of PSLs to pay for his new stadium. He needs to get fans in the seats now to do that. What percentage of Browns fans do you think are happy Berry is staying?

  • @orion said:

    That would entail the Head Coach ruling the Owner.  That won't happen.

    The owner needs to sell a bunch of PSLs to pay for his new stadium. He needs to get fans in the seats now to do that. What percentage of Browns fans do you think are happy Berry is staying?

    @vaportrail said:

    The owner needs to sell a bunch of PSLs to pay for his new stadium. He needs to get fans in the seats now to do that. What percentage of Browns fans do you think are happy Berry is staying?

  • Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

  • Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    @bob806 said:

    Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    lol,,,,, Maybe that will add fuel to the fire that he will take The Browns job,if offered

  • Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    @bob806 said:

    Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    Wow. That is shitty if true. 

  • I'm not sold on wanting him here, but it leaves the door open for some payback.

  • JaxJ Jax

    I'm not sold on wanting him here, but it leaves the door open for some payback.

    @jax said:

    I'm not sold on wanting him here, but it leaves the door open for some payback.

    I'm not sure there will ever be a payback in my mind. First step would be to beat their ass, next step get me out of the division.

  • Jonathan Jones reporting mutual interest between browns and Harbaugh

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-harbaugh-matt-lafleur-nfl-coaching-cycle/

    Two sources on interested teams said their belief is Harbaugh's top choices among the vacant jobs are the New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons in some order. Those sources added the Tennessee Titans are in third place, while a third, different source said there is real and mutual interest between Harbaugh and the Cleveland Browns.

    soyouretellingmetheresachance-4.gif

  • If there is a God and he has a sense of humor.. Harbaugh will be here and Stefanski will land in Baltimore

  • Jonathan Jones reporting mutual interest between browns and Harbaugh

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-harbaugh-matt-lafleur-nfl-coaching-cycle/

    Two sources on interested teams said their belief is Harbaugh's top choices among the vacant jobs are the New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons in some order. Those sources added the Tennessee Titans are in third place, while a third, different source said there is real and mutual interest between Harbaugh and the Cleveland Browns.

    soyouretellingmetheresachance-4.gif

    @vaportrail said:

    Jonathan Jones reporting mutual interest between browns and Harbaugh

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-harbaugh-matt-lafleur-nfl-coaching-cycle/

    This 'different' source that says there's mutual interest...does he deal with 'different', like 'alternate', facts?  

    The Browns are known for dysfunction during Haslam's ownership.  I mean, he just fired a 2 time coach of the year.  There's a lot of teams that need coaches.  We're going to get one that nobody else wants, and hope that we luck out....kinda' like we did with Stefanski.  

  • Jim Harbutt is a loser and Mike Vrabel just out coached him like the POS Harbutt is 

  • I wonder what Harbaugh’s communication is like with the Haslam Group? One respected media member said no way in hell he comes to Cleveland, but I wonder if he talks and tries to give some advice detailing how his record vs. Cleveland was much like Big Ben’s?

  • I wonder what Harbaugh’s communication is like with the Haslam Group? One respected media member said no way in hell he comes to Cleveland, but I wonder if he talks and tries to give some advice detailing how his record vs. Cleveland was much like Big Ben’s?

    @nick-garrett said:

    I wonder what Harbaugh’s communication is like with the Haslam Group? One respected media member said no way in hell he comes to Cleveland, but I wonder if he talks and tries to give some advice detailing how his record vs. Cleveland was much like Big Ben’s?

    I can't see Harbaugh going from one of the best organizations in the NFL to one of the most dysfunctional. 

    But reports will be out there that he's interested, because it is in his best interest to appear to keep all the options open to facilitate a bidding war between the teams he's actually interested in.

    I'll say it again - the Browns new coach will be a guy who like Stefanski in 2020 wasn't getting much interest outside of Cleveland. Someone with options is not coming here. 

  • @nick-garrett said:

    I wonder what Harbaugh’s communication is like with the Haslam Group? One respected media member said no way in hell he comes to Cleveland, but I wonder if he talks and tries to give some advice detailing how his record vs. Cleveland was much like Big Ben’s?

    I can't see Harbaugh going from one of the best organizations in the NFL to one of the most dysfunctional. 

    But reports will be out there that he's interested, because it is in his best interest to appear to keep all the options open to facilitate a bidding war between the teams he's actually interested in.

    I'll say it again - the Browns new coach will be a guy who like Stefanski in 2020 wasn't getting much interest outside of Cleveland. Someone with options is not coming here. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can't see Harbaugh going from one of the best organizations in the NFL to one of the most dysfunctional. 

    But reports will be out there that he's interested, because it is in his best interest to appear to keep all the options open to facilitate a bidding war between the teams he's actually interested in.

    I'll say it again - the Browns new coach will be a guy who like Stefanski in 2020 wasn't getting much interest outside of Cleveland. Someone with options is not coming here. 

    Hence back to when I posted .. "Until the next Idiot they hire"... I have no doubt it's going to be another "Yes Man"

  • Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    @bob806 said:

    Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    I hope he replied with something like this:

    "Okay, thank you for the raise in salary from 1 of the countless teams interested in me.  Like my previous QB would say Blee dat!"

  • sydS syd

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's going to be a lot of pressure on Baltimore to have a black head coach. Anyone know who's out there as candidates? 

    why is that ?

    @syd said:

    why is that ?

    Because it's a majority black city with a black quarterback.  I guarantee you the fanbase over there is all over it and it they're not I'd be shocked. It's not an indictment. It's just how people be. 

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    Rumor has it that Harbaugh was fired over the phone.

    That Art Modell influence is still in the Ratbird air. Low class move, especially given his 18 years there. Wow.

    lol,,,,, Maybe that will add fuel to the fire that he will take The Browns job,if offered

    @syd said:

    lol,,,,, Maybe that will add fuel to the fire that he will take The Browns job,if offered

    I'm told he grew up a Cleveland Browns fan and today he'd probably love to power-hoist a pic axe up Bisciotti's ass.  If you know otherwise - please don't ruin it for me.