Head Coach Search - Interviews
-
Tommy Rees is out of consideration and most likely out of Berea per Mary Kay of Cleveland.com
-
-
Changes my opinion a little.
But it could be genuine interest in Monken and an interest in keeping Schwartz.
Id hire Schwartz over Monken - all day
I would have just left the coaching staff alone at least for another year
-
I would have just left the coaching staff alone at least for another year
I was here but as the season wore on even with the team playing hard in December I thought we needed a reboot.
Berry should have been gone.
And I fear that Berry is on a short leash…candidates know that…so you have GM making a choice at HC that could be gone in the near future and a new GM taking over and in all likelihood wanting at some point to make his call on the HC position.
Backwards.
I was here but as the season wore on even with the team playing hard in December I thought we needed a reboot.
Berry should have been gone.
And I fear that Berry is on a short leash…candidates know that…so you have GM making a choice at HC that could be gone in the near future and a new GM taking over and in all likelihood wanting at some point to make his call on the HC position.
Backwards.
My fear is that Berry is not on a short leash.
-
-
-
-
It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.
It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.
That or in reality the Browns are limited to who would actually take the job.
Someone in demand isn’t coming here. Doesn’t mean the next hire can’t be a good one, but there probably would have to be some luck involved. Pretty much a situation where the Browns picked a guy who kind of flew under the radar
-
Which is why you don't get rid of KS without a plan.
Getting rid of a couple of our past coaches didn't matter as 'anything' would be an improvement, KS was not a dumpster fire however.
-
It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.
It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.
Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan? At least any different from what we are seeing. It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.
I agree. The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.
-
It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.
Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan? At least any different from what we are seeing. It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.
I agree. The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.
Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan? At least any different from what we are seeing. It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.
I agree. The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.
And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too.
He definitely has a better owner to work for now.
-
Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan? At least any different from what we are seeing. It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.
I agree. The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.
And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too.
He definitely has a better owner to work for now.
And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too.
He definitely has a better owner to work for now.
Word I heard was both sides wanted a fresh start... And rightfully so... After 6 years and you are still at the same point you started.. It's time for a new voice.. Despite my dislike of Stefanski I wish him well.. He's not a bad dude... I just don't think he's a very good leader of men... I think he's a better OC than a HC..
-
-
The Buffalo Bills fired coach Sean McDermott after nine seasons on Monday, according to a league source, after they once again failed to advance to the Super Bowl with franchise quarterback Josh Allen. The Bills lost to the Denver Broncos 33-30 in overtime on Saturday in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.
The Bills have reached the divisional round in six straight seasons and twice advanced to the AFC Championship Game (in 2020 and 2024) but lost to the Kansas City Chiefs in both of those title game appearances. McDermott finishes his Buffalo tenure with a regular-season record of 98-50 and a postseason record of 8-8.
McDermott’s teams made the playoffs in eight of his nine seasons, including in his first year in 2017 when the Bills snapped a 17-year playoff drought. His 98 wins are second all-time in franchise history behind only Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy, who won 112 games over 12 seasons and reached four Super Bowls.
This story will be updated.
Senior Writer, NFL
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login