Skip to content

Head Coach Search - Interviews

The Browns Board
377 31 7.3k 1
  • JaxJ Jax

    It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.

    @jax said:

    It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.

    That or in reality the Browns are limited to who would actually take the job. 
     

    Someone in demand isn’t coming here. Doesn’t mean the next hire can’t be a good one, but there probably would have to be some luck involved. Pretty much a situation where the Browns picked a guy who kind of flew under the radar 

  • Which is why you don't get rid of KS without a plan. 

    Getting rid of a couple of our past coaches didn't matter as 'anything' would be an improvement, KS was not a dumpster fire however.

  • JaxJ Jax

    Which is why you don't get rid of KS without a plan. 

    Getting rid of a couple of our past coaches didn't matter as 'anything' would be an improvement, KS was not a dumpster fire however.

    @jax said:

    KS was not a dumpster fire however.

    He's a Falcon now.

  • Hopefully everything works out for us.

  • JaxJ Jax

    It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.

    @jax said:

    It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.

    Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan?  At least any different from what we are seeing.  It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.

    I agree.  The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.

  • @jax said:

    It's almost as if they had no real plan at HC while knowing they were going to depart ways with KS all season.

    Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan?  At least any different from what we are seeing.  It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.

    I agree.  The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.

    @ballpeen said:

    Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan?  At least any different from what we are seeing.  It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.

    I agree.  The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.

    And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too. 

    He definitely has a better owner to work for now. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Assuming they knew that Kevin was going to be let go, how could they form a plan?  At least any different from what we are seeing.  It's not like you can start talking to people whenever you want.

    I agree.  The decision on Stefanski was made some weeks before the end of the season. I am sure they started to assemble a list of potential coaches, but until you can actually sit and talk there isn't much else you can do.

    And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too. 

    He definitely has a better owner to work for now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    And honestly I kind of wonder if Stefanski towards the end was kind of done being here too. 

    He definitely has a better owner to work for now. 

    Word I heard was both sides wanted a fresh start... And rightfully so... After 6 years and you are still at the same point you started.. It's time for a new voice.. Despite my dislike of Stefanski I wish him well.. He's not a bad dude... I just don't think he's a very good leader of men... I think he's a better OC than a HC..

  •  Saw this on Twitter & laughed. Sounded like so many dumb ass Browns fans too. 

     With how poorly the Browns have drafted for 25 years, the question any fan should be asking is - why would any coach worth a damn come here? Let alone stay. 

    Screenshot_20260118_093248_X2.thumb.jpg.ed55f024a895cbbdf9fd0001027abf27.jpg

  • I believe the falcons come to Cleveland for a game next year

  • The Buffalo Bills fired coach Sean McDermott after nine seasons on Monday, according to a league source, after they once again failed to advance to the Super Bowl with franchise quarterback Josh Allen. The Bills lost to the Denver Broncos 33-30 in overtime on Saturday in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.

    The Bills have reached the divisional round in six straight seasons and twice advanced to the AFC Championship Game (in 2020 and 2024) but lost to the Kansas City Chiefs in both of those title game appearances. McDermott finishes his Buffalo tenure with a regular-season record of 98-50 and a postseason record of 8-8.

    McDermott’s teams made the playoffs in eight of his nine seasons, including in his first year in 2017 when the Bills snapped a 17-year playoff drought. His 98 wins are second all-time in franchise history behind only Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy, who won 112 games over 12 seasons and reached four Super Bowls.

    This story will be updated.

    Dianna Russini
    Senior Writer, NFL
  •  I feel bad for McD,  he's a quality coach.  Just last week he oversaw putting the clamps on one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.  Downside is that the Bills didn't have the DL to support what they were doing on the backend.  They gave up efficient & chuck runs, couldn't push the pocket to the QB because of IDL weaknesses, especially without Ed Oliver.

  •  I feel bad for McD,  he's a quality coach.  Just last week he oversaw putting the clamps on one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.  Downside is that the Bills didn't have the DL to support what they were doing on the backend.  They gave up efficient & chuck runs, couldn't push the pocket to the QB because of IDL weaknesses, especially without Ed Oliver.

    @tiamat63 said:

     I feel bad for McD,  he's a quality coach.  Just last week he oversaw putting the clamps on one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.  Downside is that the Bills didn't have the DL to support what they were doing on the backend.  They gave up efficient & chuck runs, couldn't push the pocket to the QB because of IDL weaknesses, especially without Ed Oliver.

    True but just like Harbaugh, his owner thought he underachieved with a MVP QB by not even reaching the SB once especially this year.

  •  I feel bad for McD,  he's a quality coach.  Just last week he oversaw putting the clamps on one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.  Downside is that the Bills didn't have the DL to support what they were doing on the backend.  They gave up efficient & chuck runs, couldn't push the pocket to the QB because of IDL weaknesses, especially without Ed Oliver.

    @tiamat63 said:

     I feel bad for McD,  he's a quality coach.  Just last week he oversaw putting the clamps on one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.  Downside is that the Bills didn't have the DL to support what they were doing on the backend.  They gave up efficient & chuck runs, couldn't push the pocket to the QB because of IDL weaknesses, especially without Ed Oliver.

    The McD Bills truly remind me of the 80s Browns. Just can't get over the hump. 

    Like you wrote, the D Line is their weakest link, just like our 80s Browns.

    I wouldn't be upset if McD coached here.

  • We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

  • We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

    @londonbrown said:

    We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

    na man haslem wants to re hire baby huey

  • We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

    @londonbrown said:

    We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

    Without Josh Allen?

  • @londonbrown said:

    We should be doing whatever we can to get McDermott here

    Without Josh Allen?

    @mddawg said:

    Without Josh Allen?

    Yes.

  • A AP1

    @mddawg said:

    Without Josh Allen?

    Yes.

    @ap1 said:

    Yes.

    We'll see how successful that will be.

  • @ap1 said:

    Yes.

    We'll see how successful that will be.

    @mddawg said:

    We'll see how successful that will be.

    I don't mean this in a dick(ish) way.

    Who would you like? I'd prefer someone with a proven track record. 

    He's 98-50 in the regular season and 8-8 in the playoffs. Who on this board wouldn't enjoy 9 seasons of that.

    Would you prefer he go to Baltimore or Pittsburgh? 

  • I am always amazed by the names some people turn their nose up at when it comes to a new HC

    Harbaugh - washed

    McDermott - Not without Josh Allen

    The list goes on...