Skip to content

Head Coach Search - Interviews

The Browns Board
377 31 7.3k 1
  • Some of our defensive players have come out in support of Schwartz.  If he's snubbed for some kid, it probably won't sit too well.  I don't know if he'll be a great HC, but I certainly don't want any child beginner.

  • Some of our defensive players have come out in support of Schwartz.  If he's snubbed for some kid, it probably won't sit too well.  I don't know if he'll be a great HC, but I certainly don't want any child beginner.

    @orion said:

    Some of our defensive players have come out in support of Schwartz.  If he's snubbed for some kid, it probably won't sit too well.  I don't know if he'll be a great HC, but I certainly don't want any child beginner.

    I'd hardly call a 35 year old a "child", unless you believe I am?     If you're old enough to be POTUS, I'd say you're old enough to lead a football team.

    Re: Schwartz.  I hope he has grown as a coach in how he imparts his defensive knowledge to the offensive coaching staff. That can only better prepare that unit as a whole.  This was the greatest strength of coach Belicheck.  

  • @orion said:

    Some of our defensive players have come out in support of Schwartz.  If he's snubbed for some kid, it probably won't sit too well.  I don't know if he'll be a great HC, but I certainly don't want any child beginner.

    I'd hardly call a 35 year old a "child", unless you believe I am?     If you're old enough to be POTUS, I'd say you're old enough to lead a football team.

    Re: Schwartz.  I hope he has grown as a coach in how he imparts his defensive knowledge to the offensive coaching staff. That can only better prepare that unit as a whole.  This was the greatest strength of coach Belicheck.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd hardly call a 35 year old a "child", unless you believe I am?

    Well, 35 is better than 30 I guess.  But I don't want you as coach either.  🙂 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'd hardly call a 35 year old a "child", unless you believe I am?

    Well, 35 is better than 30 I guess.  But I don't want you as coach either.  🙂 

    @orion said:

    Well, 35 is better than 30 I guess.  

    Tell that to my knees. ??

  • image.png.3594773f2758dc8ff2224347bd38591f.png

  • Sounds like a decision will be made today, I would guess it is Schwartz. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sounds like a decision will be made today, I would guess it is Schwartz. 

    Looks like it. Let's hope he finds a good OC and ST coordinator. Funnily enough even though his past record was 29-51 his offense more often ranked higher than his defense in Detroit.

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    Or still deciding if they want to hire him. They called his agent's bluff on the Buffalo interview so no need to rush.

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    Who knows what's going on in our buffoon owner's head.

    edit:  to give a better answer.    That could be.  Their interviews are supposedly over.  They haven't announced a hire.  So, yes.  They could be getting back in touch with Scheelhasse to see what it will take for him to say yes.    

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

  • @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    @bob806 said:

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

  • @bob806 said:

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    @orion said:

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

  • @orion said:

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    @bob806 said:

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

  • @bob806 said:

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

    It's actually a good idea to bring it back if Scheelhaase is hired. It represents hope?

    I'm not against Schwartz being hired, but it doesn't move the needle for me....the Bills hired Joe Brady, similar situation where hiring within doesn't really change a whole lot IMHO. 

    But what do I know? Just a rabid, beat down fan like most of us here.

  • It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

  • It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    @nickers said:

    It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

  • @nickers said:

    It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

  • @orion said:

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

    @nickers said:

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

    I heard Mike Martz showed up for his interview.  Apparently everything was going extremely well until he was asked the following question:  "Thank you for coming Mr Martz but do you realize you're in Cincinnati?"

    Just when I thought 74 wasn't too old.... I wuz WRONG!

  • image.png.5f9da6e39ad28d99b66fbb8a4de8db82.png

  • Have to admit was calli, an ll cool j tribute, or browns son a forebearing of covid and blm riots for the transgenders? 
     It’s complicated, I just hope the Browns don’t adopt the all brown uniforms Jw seems obsessed with, helmets pants jerseys 2x now tried that.

    Alternative uniforms seem really creepy compared to the more traditional uniforms.