Skip to content

Head Coach Search - Interviews

The Browns Board
377 31 7.3k 1
  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    Or still deciding if they want to hire him. They called his agent's bluff on the Buffalo interview so no need to rush.

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    Who knows what's going on in our buffoon owner's head.

    edit:  to give a better answer.    That could be.  Their interviews are supposedly over.  They haven't announced a hire.  So, yes.  They could be getting back in touch with Scheelhasse to see what it will take for him to say yes.    

  • So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

  • @gator said:

    So are we thinking they're waiting for an answer from Scheelhaase at this point?

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    @bob806 said:

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

  • @bob806 said:

    There are tweets saying he's accepted the job, but it might be fake news.

    Screenshot_20230127-195310~2.png

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    @orion said:

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

  • @orion said:

    Nothing against your Mack & Byner avatar....but I miss the trucker.           just sayin'

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    @bob806 said:

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

  • @bob806 said:

    I might bring it back, it's a goodie. 

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Don't do it on my say-so.  Use any avatar you like.  It's fine.  It's just....well....you're the trucker avatar fan to me.  🙂  

    It's actually a good idea to bring it back if Scheelhaase is hired. It represents hope?

    I'm not against Schwartz being hired, but it doesn't move the needle for me....the Bills hired Joe Brady, similar situation where hiring within doesn't really change a whole lot IMHO. 

    But what do I know? Just a rabid, beat down fan like most of us here.

  • It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

  • It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    @nickers said:

    It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

  • @nickers said:

    It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

  • @orion said:

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

    @nickers said:

    Maybe he needs to put on "The Red Light"

    I heard Mike Martz showed up for his interview.  Apparently everything was going extremely well until he was asked the following question:  "Thank you for coming Mr Martz but do you realize you're in Cincinnati?"

    Just when I thought 74 wasn't too old.... I wuz WRONG!

  • image.png.5f9da6e39ad28d99b66fbb8a4de8db82.png

  • Have to admit was calli, an ll cool j tribute, or browns son a forebearing of covid and blm riots for the transgenders? 
     It’s complicated, I just hope the Browns don’t adopt the all brown uniforms Jw seems obsessed with, helmets pants jerseys 2x now tried that.

    Alternative uniforms seem really creepy compared to the more traditional uniforms.

  • Man, that looks cold. Miami is where the Clevelander wants to be…if you can fix all of these other things, why for the… why can’t you fix the Cleveland Browns? Ask Stetson hats or cologne, not sure about this non sequiter but …. Africa likes it…. Just sayin bro. Mike M said peace out, which in wartime is troublesome.

  • Man, that looks cold. Miami is where the Clevelander wants to be…if you can fix all of these other things, why for the… why can’t you fix the Cleveland Browns? Ask Stetson hats or cologne, not sure about this non sequiter but …. Africa likes it…. Just sayin bro. Mike M said peace out, which in wartime is troublesome.

    @nick-garrett said:

    Man, that looks cold. Miami is where the Clevelander wants to be…if you can fix all of these other things, why for the… why can’t you fix the Cleveland Browns? Ask Stetson hats or cologne, not sure about this non sequiter but …. Africa likes it…. Just sayin bro. Mike M said peace out, which in wartime is troublesome.

    I about had a stroke trying to read that.

    IMG_2410.jpeg

  • It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    @nickers said:

    It's 9PM EST and Andrew Berry is still grading Essays!... ?

    G_tswwsXMAATUQE.jpg

    @orion said:

    Uh oh...he's got the RED pen out.  🙂  

    And, just our luck, he wouldn't be focusing on content. It would be all grammar and punctuation. 

  • What's up suckers?

    If Schwartz ends up being the HC after all of this the entire FO needs to be cleaned out. God this is such a clown car operation. That's nothing against Jim, like the dude a lot (not for HC). The ineptitude of doing all this shit, getting clowned for making guys write essays like they are applying to college, just to end up with a guy in the building is absolutely insane.

    My guess is Scheelhaase said no and they are scrambling on how to spin getting Jim, Monken, or whoever to be digestable.

  • When they hire a HC, they will tell us how he was always their first choice, How can anybody like Haslam have so much money, and be so damn dumb?

  • When they hire a HC, they will tell us how he was always their first choice, How can anybody like Haslam have so much money, and be so damn dumb?

    @lodilobo said:

    How can anybody like Haslam have so much money, and be so damn dumb?

    His daddy was wealthy, so basically he won the DNA Olympics.

  • I would rather they take their time.  There is no hurry.  The coaches that were hired weren’t considering the Browns anyway or add low interest anyway.

    Having said that, I would have fired Kevin midseason and let Schwartz coach the last half as an audition.  Berry would have been gone on Black Monday.  So this would have probably been a GM search for me and an evaluation of Schwartz.

    And I don’t care either way about the corporate hiring process.  It appears a couple may think it is Micky Mouse and the one candidate I believe made the leak didn’t get an HC job anyway.