Skip to content

Head Coach Search - Interviews

The Browns Board
377 31 7.3k 1
  • cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

  • @orion said:

    Then why is he interviewing with the Ravens?

    good question, my guess is, the Browns hire a new HC, and that HC brings in his own DC, he needs a job.

    Meanwhile, Andrew Berry - how about you finding a legit, honest OWNER that won't interfere and try to run everything?

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/2117139602448025

    @calfoxwc said:

    good question, my guess is,

    Schwartz was asked during the season if he wanted to be a HC again and he said yes, but he was concentrating on 'this' season right now.  For him and the Browns, this season is over.

  • cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

    @orion said:

    cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

    all too often, true. I just liked the sentiments anyways.....

  • cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

    @orion said:

    cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

    Exactly!  Most grown men that want to talk football don't count on Facebook. 

    Having said that, it's nice to see his passion for the Browns returning in here.  

  • @orion said:

    cal, don't quote facebook.  It's a place full of AI generated BS.

    all too often, true. I just liked the sentiments anyways.....

    @calfoxwc said:

    all too often, true. I just liked the sentiments anyways.....

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    all too often, true. I just liked the sentiments anyways.....

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    @orion said:

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    There's nothing wrong with that at all.  That's a great place to do that stuff.   My computer got a virus twice and both times I was told a lot of people they help got their pc viruses via Facebook; so I no longer use it. While I used it any sports talk was usually hearsay type of stuff.  I also worked a lot of hours then so I tried to confine my time talking football to this message board.

  • @orion said:

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    There's nothing wrong with that at all.  That's a great place to do that stuff.   My computer got a virus twice and both times I was told a lot of people they help got their pc viruses via Facebook; so I no longer use it. While I used it any sports talk was usually hearsay type of stuff.  I also worked a lot of hours then so I tried to confine my time talking football to this message board.

    @flugel said:

    any sports talk was usually hearsay type of stuff.

    And / or  stuff they just make up.

    I'm still hoping for Schwartz as HC.  And him letting Rees remain as OC.  At that point, everyone is on the same page with Berry.  I mean, since we're keeping Berry...we might as well keep the whole ship in tact and move it forward with FA & the draft.  Next year, if they aren't happy with the team's performance, just finish the job and clean house. Then get your new HC a shiny new QB in the '27 draft.

    Won't be a hugely popular opinion, but I'm going with it.  🙂  

  • image.png.47f8a2fdd7aadc2be0e6f6e3ffc20e7c.png

    Nope.  Don't like the sound this birthday boy's name.  NEXT

    @orion said:

    image.png.47f8a2fdd7aadc2be0e6f6e3ffc20e7c.png

    Nope.  Don't like the sound this birthday boy's name.  NEXT

    Kevin O Connel protege, wouldn't dismiss him so quickly. Also some of these interviews are disguised coordinator interviews so he can be poached with an "asst head coach" title.

  • If it is Mike McDaniels…McDaniels and  Tony Grossi are a match made in heaven.  This will be fun. 

  • People forget that the Browns have a direct connection to the Ravens FO via Sashi Brown and would've known Harbaugh was on the hot seat during the season. A lot of these interviews are to assemble possible coordinators that can be presented to him (or he may have requested) before the formal interview.

  • People forget that the Browns have a direct connection to the Ravens FO via Sashi Brown and would've known Harbaugh was on the hot seat during the season. A lot of these interviews are to assemble possible coordinators that can be presented to him (or he may have requested) before the formal interview.

    @mddawg said:

    A lot of these interviews are

    ...to put data into their databases.  Might as well.  Talk to 'em.  Take notes.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    all too often, true. I just liked the sentiments anyways.....

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    @orion said:

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    My grandmother was farm raised and had a habit of naming all the new calves, one of which she named for my sister Becky. The following year we were having one of her iron skillet simmer all day roast beefs and my mom told her how delicious it was. Whereupon my grandmother (mom's M.I..L.) told her, "Oh yeah, Becky turned out quite nicely." My mother had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Whereupon my grandmother watching all this had only a two word comment as she listened to my mom retching down the hall from the dining room, "City girls!" ??

  • @orion said:

    I kinda' like facebook.  I keep up with family and friends.  I like reels about animals.  I've learned so much about farm animals.  How they're like pets.  How they enjoy life...and love their people.  There are friendly animals, and some that are less friendly.  Similar to humans.  Sadly, I still enjoy the steak tips at the Longhorn.

    My grandmother was farm raised and had a habit of naming all the new calves, one of which she named for my sister Becky. The following year we were having one of her iron skillet simmer all day roast beefs and my mom told her how delicious it was. Whereupon my grandmother (mom's M.I..L.) told her, "Oh yeah, Becky turned out quite nicely." My mother had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Whereupon my grandmother watching all this had only a two word comment as she listened to my mom retching down the hall from the dining room, "City girls!" ??

    @texasag1969 said:

    My grandmother was farm raised and had a habit of naming

    Yeah, ya can't name them unless you're vegan.  🙂  

  • @orion said:

    image.png.47f8a2fdd7aadc2be0e6f6e3ffc20e7c.png

    Nope.  Don't like the sound this birthday boy's name.  NEXT

    Actually, I think he would make a great addition to the Browns. Maybe Schwartz doesn't want to be a HC,

    and Udinski and Rees might make a good team. The Jags' offense plays with serious energy and precision....

    @calfoxwc said:

    Actually, I think he would make a great addition to the Browns. Maybe Schwartz doesn't want to be a HC,

    and Udinski and Rees might make a good team. The Jags' offense plays with serious energy and precision....

    Offense was much more precise than ours, so we can surmise Udinski is an upgrade to Rees as far as OC.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Actually, I think he would make a great addition to the Browns. Maybe Schwartz doesn't want to be a HC,

    and Udinski and Rees might make a good team. The Jags' offense plays with serious energy and precision....

    Offense was much more precise than ours, so we can surmise Udinski is an upgrade to Rees as far as OC.

    @mddawg said:

    Offense was much more precise than ours, so we can surmise Udinski is an upgrade to Rees as far as OC.

    He certainly had different talent on offense then we did didn't he...

  • greg roman fired today

  • @nickers said:

    After the performance I saw from GB's defense last nightI want no part of Jeff Hafley..

    Crazy considering it was 2 3/4 of domination.  Caleb Williams made some insane throws and scrambles. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Crazy considering it was 2 3/4 of domination.  Caleb Williams made some insane throws and scrambles. 

    Add in the difference a player like Parsons makes.  Since he went out GB was giving up something like 10 more points per game and 100+ more yards per game 

  • @flugel said:

    any sports talk was usually hearsay type of stuff.

    And / or  stuff they just make up.

    I'm still hoping for Schwartz as HC.  And him letting Rees remain as OC.  At that point, everyone is on the same page with Berry.  I mean, since we're keeping Berry...we might as well keep the whole ship in tact and move it forward with FA & the draft.  Next year, if they aren't happy with the team's performance, just finish the job and clean house. Then get your new HC a shiny new QB in the '27 draft.

    Won't be a hugely popular opinion, but I'm going with it.  🙂  

    @orion said:

    And / or  stuff they just make up.

    I'm still hoping for Schwartz as HC.  And him letting Rees remain as OC.  At that point, everyone is on the same page with Berry.  I mean, since we're keeping Berry...we might as well keep the whole ship in tact and move it forward with FA & the draft.  Next year, if they aren't happy with the team's performance, just finish the job and clean house. Then get your new HC a shiny new QB in the '27 draft.

    Won't be a hugely popular opinion, but I'm going with it.  🙂  

    Good thinking IMO considering how important the continuity would be especially with a defense that looked like they had a lot of fun together. That's usually not something you see from a team with a record like the Browns. Also, Shedeur has 7 starts in Reese's Offense albeit with Stefanski as Managing/Contributing Editor with game plans/preparation leading up to the play-calling on Sunday (when Rees flied solo).  I'd hate to see Sanders needing to learn a new offense from a new OC that would want another QB competition. 

  • If it is Mike McDaniels…McDaniels and  Tony Grossi are a match made in heaven.  This will be fun. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    If it is Mike McDaniels…McDaniels and  Tony Grossi are a match made in heaven.  This will be fun. 

    I could almost hear the thinking from Saturday Night Live in response - "We got it covered from here. Thanks Cleveland!"