Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. I can't believe it happened...

I can't believe it happened...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
82 Posts 31 Posters 6.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
    • 3k Posts
    • 197 Reputation
    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

    For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

    If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

    This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

    If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
    SoCalBrownsFanS A lodiloboL Kosar_For_PresidentK LumberghL 5 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

      Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

      For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

      If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

      This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

      If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

      SoCalBrownsFan SoCalBrownsFanS
      • 448 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @legacy-fan said:

      Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

      For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

      If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

      This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

      If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

      I hear you Leg. The way the Browns have played since coming back in 99, makes it hard to give a sh#t about them. I don't get my hopes up in pre-season any more that they will do any good, that way I'm not dissapointed if/when they do start sucking. I love the Browns, but the team that has been around since 99 is a farce, and making a once proud franchise a laughing stock of the NFL. 😠

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
        #3

        There's a part of me that is really jealous of both of you to just "turn off" the switch that makes you not care about this team anymore. I try to stay away, I think to myself on Sundays (the Denver Sunday for sure this season) that I'm done with this and I'm not going to turn down other opportunities on Sundays because I want to watch the Browns, but by about Wednesday I'm sucked right back in and I can't wait for Sunday to watch them play again, convinced that this week is going to be the week that we turn it around.

        I still believe that for this week...

        CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

          Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

          For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

          If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

          This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

          If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

          Alo A
          • 497 Posts
          • 6 Reputation
          A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
          #4

          @legacy-fan said:

          This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

          And before someone notes that Belichick's benevolent dictatorship in New England began with four losses, consider the statistical differences between those two starts:

          Point Differential (in terms of points per game)

          • Belichick: -5
          • Mangini: -22
          Yardage Differential (in terms of yards per game)
          • Belichick: -21.75
          • Mangini: -194.67
          That's the difference between rebuilding and just getting blown out.
          Mr. TM Legacy FanL 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • SoCalBrownsFan SoCalBrownsFanS
            • 448 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            The sad thing is, the Browns are no closer to being competitive than they were in 99 when they came back. It has been 10 years and we are still playing like an expansion club. UGH!

            ThaakT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
              • 3k Posts
              • 197 Reputation
              Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Mark - I don't really consider it a "switch" as it's the 1st time I've felt this way about our Browns. I was/am honestly troubled by the feeling and thought I'd share. The move, drive, fumble, Crennel, Couch, Oliphant, Bentley, etc.; every stroke of bad luck or misfortune we've had as Browns fans I've always had "anger" as part of the emotional package. Even last week & the week before, in the midst of all the "God, we suck" there was anger. It's not there this time.

              Confusion & apathy have taken center stage.

              Spec- yeah, that's what's been so weird about today. Normally, when we give one away on Sunday, we can come in here & talk it up via our camaraderie. I don't know.. weird day.

              Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
              Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • A Alo

                @legacy-fan said:

                This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

                And before someone notes that Belichick's benevolent dictatorship in New England began with four losses, consider the statistical differences between those two starts:

                Point Differential (in terms of points per game)

                • Belichick: -5
                • Mangini: -22
                Yardage Differential (in terms of yards per game)
                • Belichick: -21.75
                • Mangini: -194.67
                That's the difference between rebuilding and just getting blown out.
                Mr. T Mr. TM
                • 7k Posts
                • 184 Reputation
                Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @alo said:

                And before someone notes that Belichick's benevolent dictatorship in New England began with four losses, consider the statistical differences between those two starts:

                Point Differential (in terms of points per game)

                • Belichick: -5
                • Mangini: -21.75
                Yardage Differential (in terms of yards per game)
                • Belichick: -21.75
                • Mangini: -194.67
                That's the difference between rebuilding and just getting blown out.

                Its going to get worse before it gets any better.

                Now Im sick!

                Head or Gut?
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • A Alo

                  @legacy-fan said:

                  This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

                  And before someone notes that Belichick's benevolent dictatorship in New England began with four losses, consider the statistical differences between those two starts:

                  Point Differential (in terms of points per game)

                  • Belichick: -5
                  • Mangini: -22
                  Yardage Differential (in terms of yards per game)
                  • Belichick: -21.75
                  • Mangini: -194.67
                  That's the difference between rebuilding and just getting blown out.
                  Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 197 Reputation
                  Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @alo said:

                  And before someone notes that Belichick's benevolent dictatorship in New England began with four losses, consider the statistical differences between those two starts:

                  Point Differential (in terms of points per game)

                  • Belichick: -5
                  • Mangini: -21.75
                  Yardage Differential (in terms of yards per game)
                  • Belichick: -21.75
                  • Mangini: -194.67
                  That's the difference between rebuilding and just getting blown out.

                  Now that might bring a little of the anger back. Yeesh.

                  Thanks, Al. 😉

                  Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • JC J
                    • 257 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    J JC wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I hear you guys. I have to go to my niece's 7th birthday party this Sunday (yay), so I won't get to watch the Browns. Part of me wanted to just enjoy the day with the family and not even think about the game....but, alas, I already have my DVR set to record it. And I'm sure I'll race home afterwards not talking to friends, listening to radio, TV, etc. so the outcome is still a surprise.

                    There shoud be a Paul Brown wing in Oakview for the sorry addicts like myself who are jones'n for some good Browns football...'cause we sure as hell aren't going to get it this year.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                      Mark - I don't really consider it a "switch" as it's the 1st time I've felt this way about our Browns. I was/am honestly troubled by the feeling and thought I'd share. The move, drive, fumble, Crennel, Couch, Oliphant, Bentley, etc.; every stroke of bad luck or misfortune we've had as Browns fans I've always had "anger" as part of the emotional package. Even last week & the week before, in the midst of all the "God, we suck" there was anger. It's not there this time.

                      Confusion & apathy have taken center stage.

                      Spec- yeah, that's what's been so weird about today. Normally, when we give one away on Sunday, we can come in here & talk it up via our camaraderie. I don't know.. weird day.

                      Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 6k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @legacy-fan said:

                      Mark - I don't really consider it a "switch" as it's the 1st time I've felt this way about our Browns. I was/am honestly troubled by the feeling and thought I'd share. The move, drive, fumble, Crennel, Couch, Oliphant, Bentley, etc.; every stroke of bad luck or misfortune we've had as Browns fans I've always had "anger" as part of the emotional package. Even last week & the week before, in the midst of all the "God, we suck" there was anger. It's not there this time.

                      Confusion & apathy have taken center stage.

                      Spec- yeah, that's what's been so weird about today. Normally, when we give one away on Sunday, we can come in here & talk it up via our camaraderie. I don't know.. weird day.

                      Either way...I'm partially jealous that some of you can just turn it off at some point and reach "I don't care anymore" status. I can't get there. I'm still pissed on Sunday night, the only thing I'm thankful about is that I can stay away from all of this since I don't live in Cleveland. I'd be certifiable if I still lived in Cleveland after the past 10 years.

                      Legacy FanL 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 139 Reputation
                        ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

                        Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

                        However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

                        It's a trap game.

                        V OconReconO S 3 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 6k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Well..seeing as how HagII already carries your balls around in her purse.... What else could she possibly do?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                            Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

                            Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

                            However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

                            It's a trap game.

                            Vegasdogg V
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 2 Reputation
                            V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @atenears said:

                            Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

                            Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

                            However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

                            It's a trap game.

                            Fookin A. Now that is fandom at its most primal. LOL. That is classic.

                            "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • RestinPeace R
                              • 526 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I can believe it. Mankok doesn't like any of the QB's Romeo Savage left. The Quinn rumors trying to get a good pick last spring were clearly, Mankok spewed.

                              It just isn't the Browns who know these guys suck, but the rest of the league.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • .mz .
                                • 120 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                . .mz wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                At least some of you guys get to root for a winner on Saturdays (OSU, Florida, etc.).

                                I have to root for Syracuse on Saturdays and the Browns on Sundays. I am in good miserable company though (Jim Brown, The Late Ernie Davis, Kevin Johnson).

                                Yahoo!

                                Dan in FloridaD 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 9k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I appreciate your honesty.

                                  I think the feeling will come back.

                                  In all honesty here, and no smack intended.

                                  I think a lot of people had a lot of emotion invested in BQ. His looking so incredibly bad wasn't like letting the air of the tire. It was a blow out.

                                  I think once those people come to grips with that, which will happen, all will be back to normal.

                                  Chin up my man.

                                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Mark OM Mark O

                                    @legacy-fan said:

                                    Mark - I don't really consider it a "switch" as it's the 1st time I've felt this way about our Browns. I was/am honestly troubled by the feeling and thought I'd share. The move, drive, fumble, Crennel, Couch, Oliphant, Bentley, etc.; every stroke of bad luck or misfortune we've had as Browns fans I've always had "anger" as part of the emotional package. Even last week & the week before, in the midst of all the "God, we suck" there was anger. It's not there this time.

                                    Confusion & apathy have taken center stage.

                                    Spec- yeah, that's what's been so weird about today. Normally, when we give one away on Sunday, we can come in here & talk it up via our camaraderie. I don't know.. weird day.

                                    Either way...I'm partially jealous that some of you can just turn it off at some point and reach "I don't care anymore" status. I can't get there. I'm still pissed on Sunday night, the only thing I'm thankful about is that I can stay away from all of this since I don't live in Cleveland. I'd be certifiable if I still lived in Cleveland after the past 10 years.

                                    Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                                    • 3k Posts
                                    • 197 Reputation
                                    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by Legacy Fan
                                    #17

                                    @mark-o said:

                                    Either way...I'm partially jealous that some of you can just turn it off at some point and reach "I don't care anymore" status. I can't get there. I'm still pissed on Sunday night, the only thing I'm thankful about is that I can stay away from all of this since I don't live in Cleveland. I'd be certifiable if I still lived in Cleveland after the past 10 years.

                                    I feel better today, letting me know I'll be ready to root on Sunday. I guess most of my post/feelings was/were more directed at Mangini than the Browns. I still want to crap in a bag and mail it to him.

                                    As it were, I'm a big music guy so normally when I get on this thing I strap on the big douchey headphones and let the itunes genius earn his pay. I always kind of thought "genius" was a little strong, but this morning he kicked off with "In my time of dying" by Zep so I chuckled, went back & checked what was playing about the time I wrote the OP: "No quarter" by Zep - could have easily set the tone for the weird mood.

                                    Ate said:

                                    Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

                                    Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

                                    Damn, that sucks - Mine can't even believe I waste the time on the TV or streaming. An extra 7.5 bills would probably push her over the edge.

                                    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                                      Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

                                      For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

                                      If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

                                      This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

                                      If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

                                      lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 676 Posts
                                      • 249 Reputation
                                      lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @legacy-fan said:

                                      Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

                                      For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

                                      If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

                                      This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

                                      If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

                                      I know nobody wants to hear this, but I just think it's too early to give up on Mangini. We need some sort of stability to start the process of getting back to having a real team. I'm a little ashamed to say that I felt pretty much the same way when Belichik marked his territory here. In fact....I wasn't apathetic....I was more anti Browns, with the hope that if they continued to lose, Belichik would be gone. My favorite team, at one point, was whoever the Browns were playing. Of course back then, we had had a decent team and had some recent success. With this situation, we're all kind of drained from year after year, looking forward to football season, just to come back to reality after 3 games....we still suck. Remember what Modell always said when the fans booed or got upset....."as long as they are making noise, they still care. It's when they become apathetic that you know you have problems".....or something like that.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                                        Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

                                        For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

                                        If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

                                        This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

                                        If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

                                        Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                        • 6k Posts
                                        • 221 Reputation
                                        Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @legacy-fan said:

                                        If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

                                        I had planned 100% to see 2 games this year downtown. Now, I will be lucky to see 2 on TV.

                                        Watch me eat my words and they win the next 5 out of 6.

                                        Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • glenby73 glenby73G
                                          • 184 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          glenby73G glenby73 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          LMAO!! We need to just rename this board. THEBROWNSSUPPORTGROUP.COM That's exactly what this is. Hell, that's why I signed up!

                                          We do it every week. Get pissed on Sunday evening... evening cuz I usually have the kid and I won't subject her to this. So I watch the tape. Which really helps because in my pea sized brain I tell myself no matter what happens, no point in getting all worked up about it. It's all ready done. No amount of yelling at the TV is going to change it. Game was hours ago. It's like I'm watching history. I could catch a Kardiac Kids game on ESPN Classic and it would be the exact same thing, an old game. All ready played.

                                          But I digress....

                                          We watch the game and then find ourselves with an assload of emotion to get off our chest. Rightfully so. We know this is a rebuilding process but let's be honest, I'm not sure Gilligan has a feasible plan worked out to steer this ship. It looks more and more like he's winging it.

                                          We rant and rave and by Thursday I'm ready for Sunday.... ready to watch the TAPE of the game.

                                          Battered spouse syndrome. We'll keep coming back and taking the abuse. Fortunately I discovered I can take the abuse a LOT cheaper at home.

                                          it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it's forced to watch the Browns
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate