Skip to content

"I thought overall it was pretty good."

The Browns Board
18 12 1.6k
  • Masters said:

    Not to mention this had zero to do with Quinn.

    this thread is about backing the QB so the fact that queerbait up there wanted to fluff BQ for making similar positive remarks is relevant.

    @lumbergh said:

    this thread is about backing the QB so the fact that queerbait up there wanted to fluff BQ for making similar positive remarks is relevant.

    I'd love to see the "fluffing" of Quinn in this thread. Cause I sure didn't see any.

  • @socaldog said:

    All you need to know about the new QB. How anyone can back a guy who thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half and his team loses 34-3 is "pretty good" is beyond me and makes me want to puke. Absolute joke.

    😠

    I guess that's why Mangina picked him. They both are absolute jokes!

    Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

    @lumbergh said:

    Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

    Lum I'm not even going to waste time calling you names but i will say that bq ALWAYS stressed on things he could improve on. You couldn't be any more wrong. It was more like '"i thought i did well on this, BUT i need to do better on this this and that." mark of a true professional, never satisfied. He WILL be a great QB somewhere else mark my words.

  • @lumbergh said:

    Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

    Lum I'm not even going to waste time calling you names but i will say that bq ALWAYS stressed on things he could improve on. You couldn't be any more wrong. It was more like '"i thought i did well on this, BUT i need to do better on this this and that." mark of a true professional, never satisfied. He WILL be a great QB somewhere else mark my words.

    @ahitz3 said:

    Lum I'm not even going to waste time calling you names but i will say that bq ALWAYS stressed on things he could improve on. You couldn't be any more wrong. It was more like '"i thought i did well on this, BUT i need to do better on this this and that." mark of a true professional, never satisfied. He WILL be a great QB somewhere else mark my words.

    I think that "somewhere else" will be in your dreams.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Quinn sucked it up, he doesnt play at NFL speed and tries to dump it off way to soon (which he failed at as well).

    We might have beat Denver and Minnesota with DA... Im just sayin'

    Being a gunslinger gives guys a bad rap because they're not 'conservative' enough. But Quinn was WAY to f@^%in conservative. Unleash whatshisnutts DA and hope for the best

    What, honestly, do we have to lose anymore?

    Dude you need some serious shore leave!

  • Its not just the quote that irks me. Its the way he smiles and laughs after throwing picks.

  • Both these guys are weak. BQ talks of things he could have done better but doesn't improve his game - throw anything or do anything new - over a 3 game span. I have little concern for BQ's ego - this is a professional sport and these guys make alot of money to do what they are SUPPOSED to be good at. Sitting on the sideline for 2 seasons BQ has had more than enough time to prepare and step in without a deer in the headlights look or 'play fashion' when he's called on.

    DA on the other hand seems to have had one good season in him and ever since has been a disappointment. Granted against Baltimore, he was in a position to more or less take chances a do whatever will get something going, but his interceptions were so blatantly misplaced and looked so much like most of his play last season, that he - in my opinion - is no good alternative either.

    So, what are we left with ??.....

    -Either BQ gets so frustrated with his level of 'nonplay' that he steps up from the gut. Again, based on play so far - not likley and at this point really wondering if he has the talent.

    -Or DA steps up at the chance to get the job back and shows he can actually play like he did 2 seaons ago. Did this work last year NO, he had BQ on his heels and still played weak. He may even be more comfortable now that BQ has proved a bust, that he doesn't have the same pressure.

    Which is the better alternative based on this info - I suppose, based on THIS SEASONS'S PERFORMANCE - best to go with DA. Let's hope DA steps up.

    As far DA feeling it wasn't so bad - makes me think he's far from stepping up either.

    Bottom line ........ Thank God for Hockey Season!

  • All you need to know about the new QB. How anyone can back a guy who thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half and his team loses 34-3 is "pretty good" is beyond me and makes me want to puke. Absolute joke.

    😠

    I guess that's why Mangina picked him. They both are absolute jokes!

    @socaldog said:

    makes me want to puke.

    here's the full quote:

    "Honestly, I was doing whatever I could do to try and give these guys a spark, give them some energy, get guys balls. Yes, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing them, but if it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing that. I was just trying to bring some energy and trying to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. We learn from them. A couple of them, like coach said, like on the one Braylon (Edwards) probably had them beat, we tried to throw it a long way and the safety frees up backside. That happens. That’s football. I thought overall it was pretty good. I had fun out there. I didn’t get banged up too bad. I thought the o-line did a good job of protecting because I got killed against those guys before."

  • @socaldog said:

    makes me want to puke.

    here's the full quote:

    "Honestly, I was doing whatever I could do to try and give these guys a spark, give them some energy, get guys balls. Yes, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing them, but if it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing that. I was just trying to bring some energy and trying to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. We learn from them. A couple of them, like coach said, like on the one Braylon (Edwards) probably had them beat, we tried to throw it a long way and the safety frees up backside. That happens. That’s football. I thought overall it was pretty good. I had fun out there. I didn’t get banged up too bad. I thought the o-line did a good job of protecting because I got killed against those guys before."

    @lumbergh said:

    here's the full quote:

    "Honestly, I was doing whatever I could do to try and give these guys a spark, give them some energy, get guys balls. Yes, I threw some balls in places I had no business throwing them, but if it’s a 7-3 game I’m not doing that. I was just trying to bring some energy and trying to be positive with everybody. We talked about it and I made some bad decisions. We learn from them. A couple of them, like coach said, like on the one Braylon (Edwards) probably had them beat, we tried to throw it a long way and the safety frees up backside. That happens. That’s football. I thought overall it was pretty good. I had fun out there. I didn’t get banged up too bad. I thought the o-line did a good job of protecting because I got killed against those guys before."

    Um....The full quote doesn't make it any better there chief. Including the part you just bolded.

  • "I had fun out there."

    Glad to hear you had fun DA throwing 3 picks and your team lost 34-3. Good to hear from our supposed leader that he enjoys losing and throwing like sh!T!

    How do you guys want or like a guy like that?

  • @socaldog said:

    All you need to know about the new QB. How anyone can back a guy who thinks throwing 3 INT's in one half and his team loses 34-3 is "pretty good" is beyond me and makes me want to puke. Absolute joke.

    😠

    I guess that's why Mangina picked him. They both are absolute jokes!

    Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

    @lumbergh said:

    Quinnie said he played good every week. What's the diff.?

    Quinn always stated that his play needed to improve.

    Unlike DA who's on the sidelines smiling after his 2nd interception in one half of football.

  • "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

    I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

  • "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

    I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

    I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

    🙄

  • "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

    I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford

    I know a lot of you guys would prefer that DA and Mangini be "think you can't" kind of guys, but I for one am glad they're not.

    The fact that he did not treat it like a 7-3 game (his own words) tells me that DA "thought he can't".

    But, hey, at least he led us to a field goal...