Green Day Plays the Superbowl
-
Not a big Green Day guy, BUT they have some songs that I think are pretty good.
HOWEVER, this is a step in the right direction.
I'm still holding out for Metallica to get the Halftime Show. I know what the NFL thinks it's doing, but alot of these pop acts they bring in so that they can build a fanbase are like the band parents in high school. Once the halftime performance is done, boom, they skidaddle.
Give the Blue Blood fans what we want! Let's get some guitars and amps back on stage regularly!
Not a big Green Day guy, BUT they have some songs that I think are pretty good.
HOWEVER, this is a step in the right direction.
I'm still holding out for Metallica to get the Halftime Show. I know what the NFL thinks it's doing, but alot of these pop acts they bring in so that they can build a fanbase are like the band parents in high school. Once the halftime performance is done, boom, they skidaddle.
Give the Blue Blood fans what we want! Let's get some guitars and amps back on stage regularly!
Metallica would be a killer halftime show. I don’t know if they still do this, but l remember a few years back the NFL decided to stop paying the halftime show performers. If that’s still their policy l imagine they’re not going to get many mega acts. I figure a band like Metallica has worked too hard for too long to put up with that.
I do think it would be a helluva great idea to have a metal-centric halftime show.
-
Waddya guys think of this? Green Day playing the opening ceremony to the Superbowl?
I’m fired up. It’s Green Day man. I’m not a superfan, but l have followed those guys since their early Lookout Records days. Their early songs were all about girls, but they were super catchy and Billy Joe could shred from a very early age.
https://amp.marca.com/en/nfl/super-bowl/2026/01/22/697281de268e3e315c8b4578.html
Here’s their early shit they won’t play.
I'd rather see Green Day playing in the Super Bowl than Green Bay any year!!! Great band!
I'd rather see Green Day playing in the Super Bowl than Green Bay any year!!! Great band!
Heck yeah. Although l can’t hate on Green Bay too bad. That’s my daughter’s fiancé’s team. Plus l respect how the residents of Green Bay own the team with stock shares, which means they’ll never leave Green Bay. I think us Browns fans can appreciate that.
-
Not a big Green Day guy, BUT they have some songs that I think are pretty good.
HOWEVER, this is a step in the right direction.
I'm still holding out for Metallica to get the Halftime Show. I know what the NFL thinks it's doing, but alot of these pop acts they bring in so that they can build a fanbase are like the band parents in high school. Once the halftime performance is done, boom, they skidaddle.
Give the Blue Blood fans what we want! Let's get some guitars and amps back on stage regularly!
Metallica would be a killer halftime show. I don’t know if they still do this, but l remember a few years back the NFL decided to stop paying the halftime show performers. If that’s still their policy l imagine they’re not going to get many mega acts. I figure a band like Metallica has worked too hard for too long to put up with that.
I do think it would be a helluva great idea to have a metal-centric halftime show.
Metallica would be a killer halftime show. I don’t know if they still do this, but l remember a few years back the NFL decided to stop paying the halftime show performers. If that’s still their policy l imagine they’re not going to get many mega acts. I figure a band like Metallica has worked too hard for too long to put up with that.
I do think it would be a helluva great idea to have a metal-centric halftime show.
While I agree with your post, we might as well get used to the Rap/Hip Hop performances.
As long as Goodell has Jay Z calling the shots, it will mean more of the same.
I’m all for rotating the genre of music every year…but that’s just my 2 Pennie’s.
-
Green Day has the perfect Jimmy Haslem song that is just right for his style of ownership.
-
I love the idea of Green Day playing the Super Bowl... especially right now.
I love the idea of Green Day playing the Super Bowl... especially right now.
All we're missing now is Vanilla Ice as the warm-up Band. Maybe some day Little Caligula will be able to understand the difference between Greenland and Iceland. On the positive side, but be careful not to count on it - a Nobel Peace Prize is probably possible for any leader in the world that doesn't attack his own cities or neighboring countries to the north and south. It's a very doable prerequisite.
-
Metallica would be a killer halftime show. I don’t know if they still do this, but l remember a few years back the NFL decided to stop paying the halftime show performers. If that’s still their policy l imagine they’re not going to get many mega acts. I figure a band like Metallica has worked too hard for too long to put up with that.
I do think it would be a helluva great idea to have a metal-centric halftime show.
While I agree with your post, we might as well get used to the Rap/Hip Hop performances.
As long as Goodell has Jay Z calling the shots, it will mean more of the same.
I’m all for rotating the genre of music every year…but that’s just my 2 Pennie’s.
While I agree with your post, we might as well get used to the Rap/Hip Hop performances.
As long as Goodell has Jay Z calling the shots, it will mean more of the same.
I’m all for rotating the genre of music every year…but that’s just my 2 Pennie’s.
With the way Chris Stapleton absolutely hit it out of the park with the Anthem a few years ago, I'm surprised they haven't considered him.
-
While I agree with your post, we might as well get used to the Rap/Hip Hop performances.
As long as Goodell has Jay Z calling the shots, it will mean more of the same.
I’m all for rotating the genre of music every year…but that’s just my 2 Pennie’s.
With the way Chris Stapleton absolutely hit it out of the park with the Anthem a few years ago, I'm surprised they haven't considered him.
-
-
Killing it. Can they play for Bad Bunny
-
Killing it. Can they play for Bad Bunny
Killing it. Can they play for Bad Bunny
Yesss, l was into it. I wanted more songs. When did they become a 6 piece though?
And why does Jon Bon Jovi look like the Fonz?
-
Yeah that is what I thought with Bon Jovi.
i had to look it up but 2020 six piece
-
green day is as anti anerican a band as exists. Im not surprised they were chosen.
-
-
This is some Gatekeepy bullshit
these guys should have played
-
This is some Gatekeepy bullshit
these guys should have played
these guys should have played
I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.
I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it.
-
these guys should have played
I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.
I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it.
I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking enough............
Bring in a half naked Taylor Swift. That'd cover just about everything in one shot. ?
-
these guys should have played
I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.
I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it.
I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it.
The only people who thought Bad Bunny - one of the most popular music acts in the world that was asked to do the Super Bowl halftime show for a league that is constantly trying to expand its footprint beyond the U.S. - was "controversial" are the grandkids of people who thought black people should have their own water fountains.
Green Day is "Unamerican" to people who support absolute jokes of presidents like George W. and the current one man criminal enterprise.
But hey, it gives the culture warriors on here yet another thing to cry about, so there's that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login