D. Jeremiah has Browns taking TT Edge Rusher David Bailey at #6 (see video)
-
There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.
-
Caleb Downs, S, Ohio State
short ride to the land
anybody think Hot seat Berry would trade down pick 6, for a extra 1st rd. pick at the 2027 QB class?
Haslam, can't stop himself from himself
-
There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.
There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.
? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient. You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...
I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2. When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3. If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.
-
There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.
? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient. You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...
I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2. When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3. If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.
? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient. You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...
I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2. When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3. If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
-
? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient. You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...
I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2. When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3. If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.
-
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.
that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.
It would indeed. He'll end up an OG or a RT if he does play Tackle. Our GM just seems to think a big body is all we need at LT. For examples (plural); Jed Wills, Dawand Jones, Cam Robinson...
The Ohio State Buckeyes usually know the difference between a Right Tackle & a Left Tackle which is why Dawand Jones was ONLY a RT there. Unfortunately, our GM doesn't have the 1st clue. How does one work directly for Howie Roseman and have no idea how important this position is?
I've been in/started a bunch of OTackle threads and Left Tackle is a big need for NFL teams this year with a very limited supply. If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us. A slight trade-back might work.
We'll see what happens...
-
? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient. You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...
I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2. When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3. If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear. Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.
Thanks Aggies! Yeah I put that one up by DJ about Bailey before this thread. Walter had Proctor going at 6th or 7th unless they changed that since.
-
that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.
It would indeed. He'll end up an OG or a RT if he does play Tackle. Our GM just seems to think a big body is all we need at LT. For examples (plural); Jed Wills, Dawand Jones, Cam Robinson...
The Ohio State Buckeyes usually know the difference between a Right Tackle & a Left Tackle which is why Dawand Jones was ONLY a RT there. Unfortunately, our GM doesn't have the 1st clue. How does one work directly for Howie Roseman and have no idea how important this position is?
I've been in/started a bunch of OTackle threads and Left Tackle is a big need for NFL teams this year with a very limited supply. If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us. A slight trade-back might work.
We'll see what happens...
If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us. A slight trade-back might work.
We'll see what happens...
Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)
Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..
? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th
(Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)
-
If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us. A slight trade-back might work.
We'll see what happens...
Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)
Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..
? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th
(Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)
Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)
Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..
? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th
(Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)
Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.
I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.
That would give the Browns four picks in the first 39.
-
Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)
Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..
? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th
(Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)
Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.
I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.
That would give the Browns four picks in the first 39.
Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.
I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.
glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..
I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6
-
Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.
I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.
glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..
I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6
glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..
I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6
Hmmm.... #6, 24, 39 or #12, 20 and 24?
In this draft 12, 20 and 24 would get us two tackles and a WR.
-
At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles). Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video. This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen.
At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles). Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video. This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen.
I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..
-
At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles). Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video. This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen.
I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..
-
Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
-
-
Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees
-
Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
Not really, but l probably put more emphasis on line of scrimmage defensive players.
-
It all depends on what happens in FA. Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available. Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.
It all depends on what happens in FA. Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available. Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.
If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.
-
It all depends on what happens in FA. Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available. Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.
If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.
If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.
Since interior OLinemen tend to be cheaper, I can see a scenario where they are added this offseason via free agency and/or trades and tackles are added through the draft.
Or at least that's what I would do.
-
Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?
If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees
If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees
True, and we don't want any more Pollyneedsahaircut clones getting drafted by the Steelers. That pedigree's best contribution to society is Head and Shoulders commercials.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login