Skip to content

D. Jeremiah has Browns taking TT Edge Rusher David Bailey at #6 (see video)

The Browns Board
50 11 1.4k 1
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #3

     Caleb Downs, S, Ohio State Image for OSU short ride to the land

    anybody think Hot seat Berry would trade down pick 6, for a extra 1st rd. pick at the 2027 QB class?

    Haslam, can't stop himself from himself

  • There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @texasag1969 said:

    There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.

    ? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient.  You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...

    I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2.  When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3.  If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear.  Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    There are a lot of very good edge rushers in this years draft. I'd wait on that.

    ? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient.  You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...

    I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2.  When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3.  If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear.  Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @flugel said:

    ? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient.  You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...

    I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2.  When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3.  If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear.  Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

  • @flugel said:

    ? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient.  You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...

    I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2.  When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3.  If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear.  Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

    that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

    that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @calfoxwc said:

    that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.

    It would indeed. He'll end up an OG or a RT if he does play Tackle. Our GM just seems to think a big body is all we need at LT. For examples (plural); Jed Wills, Dawand Jones, Cam Robinson...

    The Ohio State Buckeyes usually know the difference between a Right Tackle & a Left Tackle which is why Dawand Jones was ONLY a RT there.  Unfortunately, our GM doesn't have the 1st clue.  How does one work directly for Howie Roseman and have no idea how important this position is?  

    I've been in/started a bunch of OTackle threads and Left Tackle is a big need for NFL teams this year with a very limited supply.  If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us.  A slight trade-back might work.

    We'll see what happens...

  • @flugel said:

    ? In other words, 1 avid Texas A&M fan knows Aggies' Edge Rusher Cashius Howell can be had in the top 50 so be patient.  You old rascal, you didn't think you were gonna get away with tip-toeing around that one...

    I still can't see anything but prioritizing our pass protection on the edges as priority 1 and 2.  When the league-wide demand for this exceeds the supply - you're not gonna get the best waiting until round 2 or 3.  If evaluating what we're stuck with at QB means anything - it's a good idea to do so without all viewers of our offense concluding we have a horrible OTackles outside of 2 aging OGs with a lot of wear and tear.  Perhaps even more helpful to our victims at QB here is getting a WR that can get open immediately.

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually Daniel Jeremiah says he goes at #15 to Tampa Bay. But he also says Bailey goes at 6 to the Browns. Walter Football says Bailey goes at #4 to Tenn. DJ says we then take OT Proctor at #24.

    Thanks Aggies!  Yeah I put that one up by DJ about Bailey before this thread.  Walter had Proctor going at 6th or 7th unless they changed that since.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    that would be like the Browns. I think Proctor would be a big mistake.

    It would indeed. He'll end up an OG or a RT if he does play Tackle. Our GM just seems to think a big body is all we need at LT. For examples (plural); Jed Wills, Dawand Jones, Cam Robinson...

    The Ohio State Buckeyes usually know the difference between a Right Tackle & a Left Tackle which is why Dawand Jones was ONLY a RT there.  Unfortunately, our GM doesn't have the 1st clue.  How does one work directly for Howie Roseman and have no idea how important this position is?  

    I've been in/started a bunch of OTackle threads and Left Tackle is a big need for NFL teams this year with a very limited supply.  If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us.  A slight trade-back might work.

    We'll see what happens...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @flugel said:

     If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us.  A slight trade-back might work.

    We'll see what happens...

    Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)

    Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..

    ? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th  

    (Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)

  • @flugel said:

     If we wait until #24 we could really miss out on any of the small few LTs that could really help us.  A slight trade-back might work.

    We'll see what happens...

    Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)

    Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..

    ? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th  

    (Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)

    Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..

    ? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th  

    (Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)

    Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.

     I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough. 

    That would give the Browns four picks in the first 39. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Dallas has picks 12 & 20... Dallas is also badly in need of edge rushers. (Texas Tech--David Bailey)

    Many mocks have only one of Bain, Reese, and/ or Bailey still left at Browns pick #6..

    ? Jerry Jones.. Browns pick #6, for your 12th & 20th  

    (Browns would have picks 12..20..and 24)

    Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.

     I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough. 

    That would give the Browns four picks in the first 39. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.

     I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough. 

    glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..

    I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Drop down six picks to gain the #20 overall pick.

     I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough. 

    glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..

    I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #12

    @gumby73 said:

    glancing at some trade value charts... We'd owe Dallas 1131 points in value.. our 39th pick has a value of 1143..

    I'm looking a way out of 6, if Fano and or Tate are off the board at pick 6

    Hmmm.... #6, 24, 39 or #12, 20 and 24? 

    In this draft 12, 20 and 24 would get us two tackles and a WR. 

  • At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles).  Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video.  This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @flugel said:

    At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles).  Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video.  This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen. 

    I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..

  • @flugel said:

    At first I was like - he probably knows Andrew Berry doesn't want any part of drafting an OTackle (Berry's enormous weakness) in the 1st round. But, in watching the film - this guy lines up at LDE (opposite side of Myles).  Hmmm... Then I watched the film and I'll at least give it a tempting especially how many times I heard he was leading the nation in sacks against each opponent in the video.  This dumb and stubborn fan still wants the best OTackle - but the problem is we're counting on the blind squirrel finding a nut to make it happen. 

    I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..

    Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.

  • @nickers said:

    I like that kid Bain from Miami U... I love that kids relentless motor..

    Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    It all depends on what happens in FA.  Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available.  Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.  

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

    If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Me too. If he’s there at 6 l would be mighty uncomfortable picking anyone else, even if edge rusher is low on the priority list.

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

    Not really, but l probably put more emphasis on line of scrimmage defensive players. 

  • It all depends on what happens in FA.  Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available.  Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.  

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @orion said:

    It all depends on what happens in FA.  Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available.  Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.  

    If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.

  • @orion said:

    It all depends on what happens in FA.  Supposedly, there are OLinemen that could help us going to be available.  Of course the other edge of the knife is that FA is expensive compared to a draft pick...and we don't have much money to toss around.  

    If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ibleedbrown said:

    If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.

    Since interior OLinemen tend to be cheaper, I can see a scenario where they are added this offseason via free agency and/or trades and tackles are added through the draft. 

    Or at least that's what I would do. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly could you get upset if the Browns drafted perhaps the best player in the draft in Caleb Downs either?

    If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    If Downs is there... I'd take him... You just don't come across talent like that too often.. Safety is one of those hard positions to nail.. the Jack Tatums and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees

    True, and we don't want any more Pollyneedsahaircut clones getting drafted by the Steelers. That pedigree's best contribution to society is Head and Shoulders commercials.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    If there’s one thing Jimmy’s good at it’s spending money, and Berry is good at salary cap voodoo. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow manage to dole out a few decent sized FA contracts.

    Since interior OLinemen tend to be cheaper, I can see a scenario where they are added this offseason via free agency and/or trades and tackles are added through the draft. 

    Or at least that's what I would do. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #22

    @dutch-oven said:

    Since interior OLinemen tend to be cheaper, I can see a scenario where they are added this offseason via free agency and/or trades and tackles are added through the draft. 

    Or at least that's what I would do. 

    I mentioned this guy recently - Indy veteran RT Braden Smith is going to be a free agent. A former 2nd round pick out of Auburn in 2018. He would restore instant reliability to the RT spot that's been missing.  Aside from that - his experience will be helpful on one of our edges. This also allows the Browns to go LT and WR (at least once) with our next 2 picks. It's an intriguing option.

    Indiana Jones had his best season until he got injured; while RB Jonathan Taylor also lit it up. I'm sure Smith was a big help to Taylor getting outside/off tackle while Jones appreciated the time to throw.