Skip to content

D. Jeremiah has Browns taking TT Edge Rusher David Bailey at #6 (see video)

The Browns Board
50 11 1.4k 1
  • We have bigger needs but Delpit will be a free agent after next season.  Hes coming off his best season.  Will we pay him?  It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have bigger needs but Delpit will be a free agent after next season.  Hes coming off his best season.  Will we pay him?  It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    The one thing I'll give AB credit for is he's never been shy about drafting CBs. Depending on Martin Emerson's achilles status, I'm sure they'll draft at least one in the upcoming draft.

  • We have bigger needs but Delpit will be a free agent after next season.  Hes coming off his best season.  Will we pay him?  It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have bigger needs but Delpit will be a free agent after next season.  Hes coming off his best season.  Will we pay him?  It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    Great points! Delpit had an believable year without any major breakdowns or miscommunications.  Secondary is like OLine in the sense there's always a need with 5 guys needed (especially considering how often we went with a 4-2 in the 1st 2 tiers) so we always have that feeling we don't quite have all the essentials on board.  Tell you what - I hope we keep LBer Devin Bush (he's gonna be a FA) because he was great against the pass.  He looked like he had his dad's DB skills and speed.

    Let's hope we can fill some holes in free agency; but make sure we avoid any/all Drew Rosenhaus clients.  He can go sell tanning beds in the Tropics for all I care...

  • I agree that our past drafting has been somewhat of a head scratcher.  I think it is pretty much a sure thing we draft a OT in the 1st round and another somewhere else.....maybe around round 4.

    In the end I think our 1st round picks will end up around 12, and we stick at 24.  OT and WR will be our 1st round picks.  2nd round might go defense.  We do need a corner and a safety on that side of the ball.

    Somebody is going to want our pick at #6

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @ballpeen said:

    In the end I think our 1st round picks will end up around 12, and we stick at 24.  OT and WR will be our 1st round picks.  2nd round might go defense.  We do need a corner and a safety on that side of the ball.

    Like I've mentioned in my stupid mock thread - the Cowboys don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this next draft, at least now. So them trading up would give them the 6 pick, and they wouldn't have another pick until the 4th round. So, I think that is too much a price to pay for them.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Berry may want to trade back, but without a QB to lure a trade, there might not be a high demand to move up.  And supposedly there aren't but a couple of OT's that might be starting LT caliber.  He has to be ready to make a pick at #6.  This is yet another do or die draft for Berry.  He did a good job last year (unless you wanted OL), except for the Stefanski pick of Gabriel.  And that saved him from joining Stefanski.  He's gotta know that he's on borrowed time and has to hit home runs.

    One of the first things I'd like to see Berry do is sign Devin Bush.  

  • We have bigger needs but Delpit will be a free agent after next season.  Hes coming off his best season.  Will we pay him?  It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #41

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    interested to watch a few combine slot corners..

    pick Mid 50's- Miami- Keonte Scott 489 slot snaps PFF grade 89.6

    pick 70's- Duke- Chandler Rivers  154 slot snaps  PFF grade 72.9

    pick mid 90's- Arizona-Treydan Stukes 380 slot snaps. PFF grade 90.1

    pick mid 150- South Carolina-Jalon Kilgore 497 slot snaps PFF 69.7 

    200th- Oregon- Jadon Canady 346 slot snaps  PFF of 85.5

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    It is not just Emerson, Hickman and  the JAGs that played slot this season…and Ward (surprisingly healthy this year) but you never know year to year.  Secondary is a sneaky need.  

    interested to watch a few combine slot corners..

    pick Mid 50's- Miami- Keonte Scott 489 slot snaps PFF grade 89.6

    pick 70's- Duke- Chandler Rivers  154 slot snaps  PFF grade 72.9

    pick mid 90's- Arizona-Treydan Stukes 380 slot snaps. PFF grade 90.1

    pick mid 150- South Carolina-Jalon Kilgore 497 slot snaps PFF 69.7 

    200th- Oregon- Jadon Canady 346 slot snaps  PFF of 85.5

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @gumby73 said:

    pick mid 90's- Arizona-Treydan Stukes 380 slot snaps. PFF grade 90.1

    Real interesting, he's a slot corner, AND a cb.

    4th round predicted, very interesting.

    https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/players/treydan-stukes

  • @ballpeen said:

    I agree that our past drafting has been somewhat of a head scratcher.  I think it is pretty much a sure thing we draft a OT in the 1st round and another somewhere else.....maybe around round 4.

    In the end I think our 1st round picks will end up around 12, and we stick at 24.  OT and WR will be our 1st round picks.  2nd round might go defense.  We do need a corner and a safety on that side of the ball.

    Somebody is going to want our pick at #6

    Yeah, I could see that.  Some of the guys were talking about a trade-back that would add a pick.  I forgot what sports media guy said Indy veteran RT Braden Smith (previously 2nd round pick out of Auburn in 2018) would be a good FA idea for the Browns but I liked it in terms of adding a solid starter with experience/potential leadership potential.  I'm not smart enough to think that up; but I guess I'm not a bad parrot sometimes

    Free agency can definitely help us this year IMO.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, I could see that.  Some of the guys were talking about a trade-back that would add a pick.  I forgot what sports media guy said Indy veteran RT Braden Smith (previously 2nd round pick out of Auburn in 2018) would be a good FA idea for the Browns but I liked it in terms of adding a solid starter with experience/potential leadership potential.  I'm not smart enough to think that up; but I guess I'm not a bad parrot sometimes

    Free agency can definitely help us this year IMO.  

    Glad  you brought up free agency.  We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.  We may say we need 5 O linemen, but I doubt it sits there come the draft.  FA is entirely needs based.  Teams don't set out to sign the best player available, they sign guys they feel they can plug and play on day one, or at least fill a key back-up role.  That is why I don't rule out selecting a guy like Downs or Bailey.  At least not yet. Another possibility is trades.  

    Once we get into April we will have a better feel for where we stand.  Nothing says we will lose all of our FA Olinemen.  I am pretty sure we will keep at least 1, maybe 2 of them.  I'd be shocked if we don't sign at least 1, maybe 2 as outside FA pick-ups.

    By all accounts I have seen is it is a pretty good year to get talented O line help down through maybe round 5 or 6.  We don't need to hit the panic button just yet.

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, I could see that.  Some of the guys were talking about a trade-back that would add a pick.  I forgot what sports media guy said Indy veteran RT Braden Smith (previously 2nd round pick out of Auburn in 2018) would be a good FA idea for the Browns but I liked it in terms of adding a solid starter with experience/potential leadership potential.  I'm not smart enough to think that up; but I guess I'm not a bad parrot sometimes

    Free agency can definitely help us this year IMO.  

    Glad  you brought up free agency.  We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.  We may say we need 5 O linemen, but I doubt it sits there come the draft.  FA is entirely needs based.  Teams don't set out to sign the best player available, they sign guys they feel they can plug and play on day one, or at least fill a key back-up role.  That is why I don't rule out selecting a guy like Downs or Bailey.  At least not yet. Another possibility is trades.  

    Once we get into April we will have a better feel for where we stand.  Nothing says we will lose all of our FA Olinemen.  I am pretty sure we will keep at least 1, maybe 2 of them.  I'd be shocked if we don't sign at least 1, maybe 2 as outside FA pick-ups.

    By all accounts I have seen is it is a pretty good year to get talented O line help down through maybe round 5 or 6.  We don't need to hit the panic button just yet.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @ballpeen said:

    Glad  you brought up free agency.  We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.  We may say we need 5 O linemen, but I doubt it sits there come the draft.  FA is entirely needs based.  Teams don't set out to sign the best player available, they sign guys they feel they can plug and play on day one, or at least fill a key back-up role.  That is why I don't rule out selecting a guy like Downs or Bailey.  At least not yet. Another possibility is trades.  

    Once we get into April we will have a better feel for where we stand.  Nothing says we will lose all of our FA Olinemen.  I am pretty sure we will keep at least 1, maybe 2 of them.  I'd be shocked if we don't sign at least 1, maybe 2 as outside FA pick-ups.

    By all accounts I have seen is it is a pretty good year to get talented O line help down through maybe round 5 or 6.  We don't need to hit the panic button just yet.

    Yes indeed!  As far as our FAs - Bitonio has given us a consistent reliability since 2014. Unfortunately, that value has depreciated quite a bit the last 2 years partially due to the revolving door on his immediate left partnership at LT (chemistry & trust never established) as well as the loss of the veteran to his right.  He's still a credible leader; but 12 years of wear and tear has father time asking him if the never ending dumpster is worth it all.  I love what he's done for the Browns over the years; but I have a feeling he's gonna retire.  If so, veteran OG Teven Jenkins isn't a really a drop-off where Bitonio is at today outside of maybe the leadership intangible.  I feel horrible typing all that because he's been everything I've wanted as a fan QUITE A BIT...onio.

    Our other FA OG is also coming off a frustrating season for his previous standard that achieved multiple Po Bowls here.  The wear and tear toll booth found him too.  He also dealt with the same chemistry and trust issues Bitonio had to with the change of partner on his outside as well as the Center to his left at the end of the year.  While we're at it - Center Ethan Pocic ended 2025 on IR followed by surgery.  In summary, we have lingering question marks remaining with all 3 of our IOL FAs if they are retained...

    No time like the current situation with our OL to challenge Berry to prove he can compete as GM in this league.  The time is finally here and NOW!!!  Think of it like some squid in flip-flops from the Baltimore Jerk-offs just kicked sand in your face AB... Let's giddy-up and get after it here!!!

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, I could see that.  Some of the guys were talking about a trade-back that would add a pick.  I forgot what sports media guy said Indy veteran RT Braden Smith (previously 2nd round pick out of Auburn in 2018) would be a good FA idea for the Browns but I liked it in terms of adding a solid starter with experience/potential leadership potential.  I'm not smart enough to think that up; but I guess I'm not a bad parrot sometimes

    Free agency can definitely help us this year IMO.  

    Glad  you brought up free agency.  We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.  We may say we need 5 O linemen, but I doubt it sits there come the draft.  FA is entirely needs based.  Teams don't set out to sign the best player available, they sign guys they feel they can plug and play on day one, or at least fill a key back-up role.  That is why I don't rule out selecting a guy like Downs or Bailey.  At least not yet. Another possibility is trades.  

    Once we get into April we will have a better feel for where we stand.  Nothing says we will lose all of our FA Olinemen.  I am pretty sure we will keep at least 1, maybe 2 of them.  I'd be shocked if we don't sign at least 1, maybe 2 as outside FA pick-ups.

    By all accounts I have seen is it is a pretty good year to get talented O line help down through maybe round 5 or 6.  We don't need to hit the panic button just yet.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @ballpeen said:

    We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.

    image.png.471c8501537199c936a73667eaccaa79.png

  • @ballpeen said:

    We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.

    image.png.471c8501537199c936a73667eaccaa79.png

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @orion said:

    image.png.471c8501537199c936a73667eaccaa79.png

    Watson-the gift that just keeps on giving 

  • @ballpeen said:

    We have money to spend.  Maybe not as much as some past years, but we do have money.

    image.png.471c8501537199c936a73667eaccaa79.png

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @orion said:

    image.png.471c8501537199c936a73667eaccaa79.png

    To rephrase, we will have money to spend.  Don't worry about it.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #48

    He is the realistic projection

    [url]Updated: Cleveland Browns 2026 Salary Cap Preview[/url]

    To sum it up, we will probably have 68 mil to spend.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Daniel Jeremiah 2026 NFL mock draft 2.0: 

    @flugel  Are you forwarding all your Browns Mocks to DJ ?  😉  it's working ! ?

    https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2026-nfl-mock-draft-2-0   

  • Daniel Jeremiah 2026 NFL mock draft 2.0: 

    @flugel  Are you forwarding all your Browns Mocks to DJ ?  😉  it's working ! ?

    https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2026-nfl-mock-draft-2-0   

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @gumby73 said:

    Daniel Jeremiah 2026 NFL mock draft 2.0: 

    @flugel  Are you forwarding all your Browns Mocks to DJ ?  😉  it's working ! ?

    https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2026-nfl-mock-draft-2-0   

    He's a former QB so you'll have to excuse him for copying a former Olineman...