Skip to content

Todd Monken is the new Browns HC

The Browns Board
193 30 4.1k 1
  • @browns149 said:

    He will be 1 and done. Take Berry with him too. 

    And remember... Todd Monken was the guy screaming at coaches on the field how the team was a mess before games back in 19 when he was a postion coach here... I find this highly comical...

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @nickers said:

    And remember... Todd Monken was the guy screaming at coaches on the field how the team was a mess before games back in 19 when he was a postion coach here... I find this highly comical...

    He didn't lie though, lol.

  • @nickers said:

    And remember... Todd Monken was the guy screaming at coaches on the field how the team was a mess before games back in 19 when he was a postion coach here... I find this highly comical...

    He didn't lie though, lol.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mddawg said:

    He didn't lie though, lol.

    Nope , It was all true sadly

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Now Schwartz is leaving too. Way to go Jimmy. 

  • Now Schwartz is leaving too. Way to go Jimmy. 

    Captain TripsC Captain Trips wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @browns149 said:

    Now Schwartz is leaving too. Way to go Jimmy. 

    Yeah, just saw the tweet about Schwartz being pissed.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21
    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    To all my #ClevelandBrowns fans, the #DawgPound diehards; I'm not saying Coach Monken is the end-all. But I want you to consider that the #RavensFlock had one of the most efficient offenses in the NFL in 2023, 6th in EPA. Lamar Jackson earned his 2nd MVP.

    Monken crafted Show more
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #22

    3d49e50c-86d0-435b-8f5a-fc6ccef6042c.jpg

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Here’s the silver lining today though…

    The culture warriors on this board won’t be whining about this being a DEI hiring.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Well I don't blame Schwartz for leaving.. 

    Watch Garrett request a trade now...

  • Here’s the silver lining today though…

    The culture warriors on this board won’t be whining about this being a DEI hiring.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here’s the silver lining today though…

    The culture warriors on this board won’t be whining about this being a DEI hiring.

    So far 8 new coaches. 7 white. 1 Lebanese. So much for the Rooney rule 

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    All this time searching for Monken?? I hope this works out but previous history tells me he will fail. What an underwhelming choice. I would rather either of the other 2 finalist then Monken.

  • Well I don't blame Schwartz for leaving.. 

    Watch Garrett request a trade now...

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @nickers said:

    Watch Garrett request a trade now...

    This is my concern.

    Last year, I was on board with trading him, if the Browns could get value.

    Now, I'd like to see another HOFer spend his entire career in Cleveland. 

    I hope MG still wants to play in Cleveland.

  • JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I would have been happy if we hired Nate Scheelhaase instead, but this is sad.

    Silver lining is maybe this gets AB out of here and one can only hope JH sells.

  • JaxJ Jax

    I would have been happy if we hired Nate Scheelhaase instead, but this is sad.

    Silver lining is maybe this gets AB out of here and one can only hope JH sells.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @jax said:

    I would have been happy if we hired Nate Scheelhaase instead, but this is sad.

    Silver lining is maybe this gets AB out of here and one can only hope JH sells.

    If this fails then yeah I dont think you can defend AB anymore. This is such an underwhelming move.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31
  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Coming in today, I think many folks believed the Steeler had made the worst HC hire. The Browns said hold my beer.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #33
     
     
    Browns owner reportedly went against the recommendation of his search committee AND general manager
    Quote
    @ESPNCleveland
    ·
    2h
    "This indicates that Haslam was never comfortable with Shceelhaase and he went against the recommendation of his search committee leader and GM," - @TonyGrossi on the Browns hiring Todd Monken.
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Jim Schwartz is OUTTIE!

  • They will be looking for a new head coach, and hopefully a new GM next year 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #35

    @browns149 said:

    They will be looking for a new head coach, and hopefully a new GM next year 

    Man, this defense had FUN playing together last year regardless of the score which was a reflection of the DC that fell on the blind eyes of Berry & Haslam.  That's called morale.  Now that unit just watched their owner & GM piss all over their DC.  They just don't GET IT; and the owner of our favorite team is going to go down as the worst owner in all of professional sports. All they had to do was promote Schwartz and hire Monken as the OC; because Baltimore certainly wasn't going to keep him given the incompatibility of him and Lamar.  I don't have anything against Monken per say; but he seems like he'd be better under a strong HC like he was at UGA under Kirby Smart.

    @jax said:

    I would have been happy if we hired Nate Scheelhaase instead, but this is sad.

    Silver lining is maybe this gets AB out of here and one can only hope JH sells.

    We're Cleveland Browns fans -  unfortunately this is what we do get way too frequently with this owner...  

  • @browns149 said:

    They will be looking for a new head coach, and hopefully a new GM next year 

    Man, this defense had FUN playing together last year regardless of the score which was a reflection of the DC that fell on the blind eyes of Berry & Haslam.  That's called morale.  Now that unit just watched their owner & GM piss all over their DC.  They just don't GET IT; and the owner of our favorite team is going to go down as the worst owner in all of professional sports. All they had to do was promote Schwartz and hire Monken as the OC; because Baltimore certainly wasn't going to keep him given the incompatibility of him and Lamar.  I don't have anything against Monken per say; but he seems like he'd be better under a strong HC like he was at UGA under Kirby Smart.

    @jax said:

    I would have been happy if we hired Nate Scheelhaase instead, but this is sad.

    Silver lining is maybe this gets AB out of here and one can only hope JH sells.

    We're Cleveland Browns fans -  unfortunately this is what we do get way too frequently with this owner...  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @flugel said:

    promote Schwartz and hire Monken as the OC

    I believe Monken would have pulled a Schwartz and told haslem to F Off