Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Was it really THAT BAD?

Was it really THAT BAD?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
1 Posts 1 Posters 447 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tobalaz T
    • 543 Posts
    • 4 Reputation
    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I was born in 76, so I wasn't around for the dominate Browns of yesteryear.

    I was around for the shadow of the titans.

    I loved Ozzie and Matthews, Byner and Mack, Slaughter and Kosar. They tried really hard, even though they never made the big one we were COMPETITIVE and I loved to watch the games.

    I got my heart broken by the FUMBLE, the DRIVE, phantom field goals....

    And then my team packed up and left.

    I was shattered.

    But when football season came around, my eyes opened.

    I saw good games every Sunday, competitive games, even though I didn't have a team to call my own I learned to love football in a different way.

    Saturdays.

    OSU made me love football in ways the Browns never did.

    I got to banter with family in Florida, California and Tennessee over rankings and who's school was going to put out more pros that season.

    I got to go through the week with joy in my heart because it wasn't being ripped from my chest by some brown and white impostors. I got to watch the cream of the NFL play Sundays without having a side to taint my enjoyment of the game.

    Now is a different story.

    Hell, OSU probably has more real pros playing for them right now that the Browns do.

    Now I've had a decade of incompetence out of the Browns and I'm just tired of it.

    I'm tired of hanging my head in shame being a Browns fan.

    I'm tired of being depressed through the week because we were whipping boys again.

    I'm tired of being asked to give this next chump "3 more seasons to rebuild" when we were never built in the first place!

    I'm tired of buying merchandise and supporting a product that isn't anywhere near as good as mediocre at best.

    I'm tired of being a joke instead of a rival.

    Don't get me wrong, I've always loved my Browns but this is sickening. Seeing football THAT fundamentally bad in every aspect of the game every Sunday just destroys every once of enjoyment I get from the game.

    I've getting more enjoyment seeing my nephew practice for flag football and watching his games come Saturday.

    We in Ohio deserve better than this BS.

    We, as a state, have lost our industry, our jobs, our homes.

    We invented football, we revolutionized football, we love football above all else, we BLEED football and THIS is all we've got?

    I'm starting to not care anymore and it scares me. I've loved football my entire life and Sundays no longer bring joy, just massive disappointment. Watching the Browns these past 10 seasons wasn't as painful as seeing my grandfather slowly rot away from heart disease, but it's been painful none the less. It's come close to killing my love for the game.

    Sorry if I just went on and on and on but I needed to say it.

    3 seasons until our new head coach, let's hope they get it right this time.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply

    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    Theme
    • System
    • Light
    • Dark
    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Forums
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Donate