Skip to content

Monkens Staff

The Browns Board
93 19 2.3k 1
  • That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    @ballpeen said:

    That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    So, Does it matter ?

  • That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    @ballpeen said:

    That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    Here's the career of the Bob Wylie that coached for the Browns long after he coached for Brown:

    image.png.075effbebec82454ab8c83d16154fd6f.png

    image.png.873b58f80f48d493bd389de68c1010a4.png

  • That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    @ballpeen said:

    That was Wiley.  Not Warhop.

    Non the less.. The guy was funny as hell..

  • Monken hires former Raven coach as OC...

    Travis Switzer

    Monken ain't fucking around!

    Aaron Wilson@AaronWilson_NFL
    After nine years with #Ravens, Baltimore run game coordinator Travis Switzer is staying in AFC North as #Browns new offensive coordinator, per league sources. Former @ZipsFB offensive lineman oversaw strong rushing attack led by Derrick Henry. Has background with tight ends, Show more
  • I wonder if Monken would really want to have him as DC or not.  I mean, if he really did want him...could he call him up or text him?  You know, something like, ' I feel your pain.  I've always admired your work.  Would you be willing to help me win a super bowl with you?'   -  just thinkin' out loud...

    image.png.6e3c1f8f82bbd14aa1a50a210e292f38.png

  • I wonder if Monken would really want to have him as DC or not.  I mean, if he really did want him...could he call him up or text him?  You know, something like, ' I feel your pain.  I've always admired your work.  Would you be willing to help me win a super bowl with you?'   -  just thinkin' out loud...

    image.png.6e3c1f8f82bbd14aa1a50a210e292f38.png

    @orion said:

    I wonder if Monken would really want to have him as DC or not.  I mean, if he really did want him...could he call him up or text him?  You know, something like, ' I feel your pain.  I've always admired your work.  Would you be willing to help me win a super bowl with you?'   -  just thinkin' out loud...

    image.png.6e3c1f8f82bbd14aa1a50a210e292f38.png

    That would be language & strategy emblematic of a leader.     I like it.  

  • Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

  • sydS syd

    Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

    @syd said:

    Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

    rex2.gif

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    I've been on the lookout as well, but haven't seen anything. I do wonder if they're trying to let him "cool off" and then plan on talking to him.

    I agree with you though. Hopefully they are looking at other names because I don't think he is coming back.

  • I don't want that ass-hat Rex Ryan for any position on our team.  I'd suggest that if one of the current defensive staff is 'qualified' to be DC then we should go that route...if Schwartz never cools down.  If nobody is appealing to Monken, then we go to plan C.

    Supposedly Monken is a straight shooter.  As in he doesn't put too much weight in you maybe not wanting to hear what he's got to say.  And at 60 years old, that puts him in position to not care what is thought of him for telling the straight truth.  That might be just what we need to combat Haslam.  A non Yes Man.  

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    Agreed except for 1 problem - in this case Schwartz is still employed by the Browns.  This situation wasn't well thought out by Haslam at all.  From the getgo, IF Schwartz was going to get the promotion to HC - GIVE IT TO HIM?  Oh no - not in Haslam's business.  Instead, he's writing an essay and doing homework for his 2ndinterview just like any other interviewees getting 2nd interviews.  I posted more than once along the way at what point does Schwartz feel extremely insulted?

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    No, just rumors of Anthony Weaver if he doesn't get a HC job.

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

  • @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    Fucking Q hire em both

  • @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

  • @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    @orion said:

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    Gregg & Schwartz are both even front, 1 gap disciples.  The difference was that Schwartz broke tendency in CLE by being pressure & not passive based.   Williams was pressure, almost to a fault.   But be did dial up some creative fronts compared to his time with the Rams. 

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

  • This would be an important hire.

    image.png.1b2fc3a4fe97f6a660be1cee8db8ff22.png

  • @orion said:

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    Gregg & Schwartz are both even front, 1 gap disciples.  The difference was that Schwartz broke tendency in CLE by being pressure & not passive based.   Williams was pressure, almost to a fault.   But be did dial up some creative fronts compared to his time with the Rams. 

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    How could you not?   And before that, Bounty Gate.  He's a pompous dickhead...who was pretty good with defenses...until he got to us and went off the deep end.