Skip to content

Monkens Staff

The Browns Board
93 19 2.3k 1
  • Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

  • sydS syd

    Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

    @syd said:

    Rex Ryan as DC, hell yes bring the blitz feel the pain

    rex2.gif

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    I've been on the lookout as well, but haven't seen anything. I do wonder if they're trying to let him "cool off" and then plan on talking to him.

    I agree with you though. Hopefully they are looking at other names because I don't think he is coming back.

  • I don't want that ass-hat Rex Ryan for any position on our team.  I'd suggest that if one of the current defensive staff is 'qualified' to be DC then we should go that route...if Schwartz never cools down.  If nobody is appealing to Monken, then we go to plan C.

    Supposedly Monken is a straight shooter.  As in he doesn't put too much weight in you maybe not wanting to hear what he's got to say.  And at 60 years old, that puts him in position to not care what is thought of him for telling the straight truth.  That might be just what we need to combat Haslam.  A non Yes Man.  

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    Agreed except for 1 problem - in this case Schwartz is still employed by the Browns.  This situation wasn't well thought out by Haslam at all.  From the getgo, IF Schwartz was going to get the promotion to HC - GIVE IT TO HIM?  Oh no - not in Haslam's business.  Instead, he's writing an essay and doing homework for his 2ndinterview just like any other interviewees getting 2nd interviews.  I posted more than once along the way at what point does Schwartz feel extremely insulted?

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    No, just rumors of Anthony Weaver if he doesn't get a HC job.

  • Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has anyone heard anything about the Browns bringing in anyone to interview for the DC job?

    Because I sincerely hope they aren't just sitting there hoping Schwartz changes his mind and stays. 

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

  • @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    Fucking Q hire em both

  • @syd said:

    dont wanna be like harbaugh and not have a plan b, I hope they are not that stupid

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked... Also Wink Martindale is out there so I wouldn't be opposed to him either...

    @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

  • @nickers said:

    Gregg Williams has publicly stated he would come back if asked

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    @orion said:

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    Gregg & Schwartz are both even front, 1 gap disciples.  The difference was that Schwartz broke tendency in CLE by being pressure & not passive based.   Williams was pressure, almost to a fault.   But be did dial up some creative fronts compared to his time with the Rams. 

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

  • This would be an important hire.

    image.png.1b2fc3a4fe97f6a660be1cee8db8ff22.png

  • @orion said:

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    Gregg & Schwartz are both even front, 1 gap disciples.  The difference was that Schwartz broke tendency in CLE by being pressure & not passive based.   Williams was pressure, almost to a fault.   But be did dial up some creative fronts compared to his time with the Rams. 

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    How could you not?   And before that, Bounty Gate.  He's a pompous dickhead...who was pretty good with defenses...until he got to us and went off the deep end.

  • @orion said:

    I don't want him.  We played defense with 10 guys and a goalie under him.

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    Gregg & Schwartz are both even front, 1 gap disciples.  The difference was that Schwartz broke tendency in CLE by being pressure & not passive based.   Williams was pressure, almost to a fault.   But be did dial up some creative fronts compared to his time with the Rams. 

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

    Me either. His critics claim players tune him out, but when he took over the HC, pre snap penalties disappeared 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It's interesting how that back half of the 2017 season is all anyone remembers. 

    How could you not?   And before that, Bounty Gate.  He's a pompous dickhead...who was pretty good with defenses...until he got to us and went off the deep end.

    @orion said:

    How could you not?   And before that, Bounty Gate.  He's a pompous dickhead...who was pretty good with defenses...until he got to us and went off the deep end.

    Gregg was recently fired as the DC for Tennessee State University after only 1 season despite having the second best defense in their conference. That might suggest something about him is tough to digest. 

    https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/gregg-williams-fired-defensive-coordinator-162424960.html

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't hate Gregg coming back. 

    Me either. His critics claim players tune him out, but when he took over the HC, pre snap penalties disappeared 

    @bob806 said:

    Me either. His critics claim players tune him out, but when he took over the HC, pre snap penalties disappeared 

    There's a bit of a greater reason behind that.  When he &  Kitchens took over, first priority was to get back under center & cut down the offense. 

     That also meant cutting out all those backside GT pulls Hue ran where our timing was poor; more PA passes from UC the OTs weren't stressed & more weakside zones. 

     I'm not saying there may not have been a renewed emphasis on procedure discipline.  But there were multiple reasons penalties decreased. 

  • I heard something on 92.3 The Fan the other day that kind of gave me some optimism about Monken... apparently during his season as OC under Freddie Kitchens he was very frustrated by how unorganized Kitchens was. We'll see if things under Monken seem to be organized. 

  • Just a little info on the Daniel Stern guy of the Ravens that the Browns are interviewing.  He's a 25 yr old kid who wrote a paper about how teams are always punting or kicking a FG on 4th down and how it costs them points.  The Ravens saw the paper and hired him.  The kid is an analytics savant of sorts with info on the percentage odds of converting certain downs and distances and how IN GAME he's in the headset advising the coaches.   Kind of a DePodesta on steroids.   FYI

  • Just a little info on the Daniel Stern guy of the Ravens that the Browns are interviewing.  He's a 25 yr old kid who wrote a paper about how teams are always punting or kicking a FG on 4th down and how it costs them points.  The Ravens saw the paper and hired him.  The kid is an analytics savant of sorts with info on the percentage odds of converting certain downs and distances and how IN GAME he's in the headset advising the coaches.   Kind of a DePodesta on steroids.   FYI

    @orion said:

    Just a little info on the Daniel Stern guy of the Ravens that the Browns are interviewing.  He's a 25 yr old kid who wrote a paper about how teams are always punting or kicking a FG on 4th down and how it costs them points.  The Ravens saw the paper and hired him.  The kid is an analytics savant of sorts with info on the percentage odds of converting certain downs and distances and how IN GAME he's in the headset advising the coaches.   Kind of a DePodesta on steroids.   FYI

    He's 31 now.