Monkens Staff
-
after a few deep breaths and a few cold beers, I like the hire and I am looking forward to the OC/DC hiresÂ
-
It seems like the less we hear about Schwartz, the more likely it is he's staying.
The 49ers were interested but they didnt want to wait, and felt it would be hard to pry him from Cleveland, so they hired Raheem Morris instead.
It seems like the less we hear about Schwartz, the more likely it is he's staying.
The 49ers were interested but they didnt want to wait, and felt it would be hard to pry him from Cleveland, so they hired Raheem Morris instead.
I just saw on Instagram that Ken Carmen from 92.3 says it looks like he wants to come back.Â
-
It seems like the less we hear about Schwartz, the more likely it is he's staying.
The 49ers were interested but they didnt want to wait, and felt it would be hard to pry him from Cleveland, so they hired Raheem Morris instead.
I just saw on Instagram that Ken Carmen from 92.3 says it looks like he wants to come back.Â
-
Thatâs quite a turn of events if trueÂ
Looking at whats out there.. There's not much better than whats already assembled here on Defense.. He should just finish out the contract and then.....revisit his options...
-
Thatâs quite a turn of events if trueÂ
the dc from the eagles may retire, just saying
-
Thatâs quite a turn of events if trueÂ
Looking at whats out there.. There's not much better than whats already assembled here on Defense.. He should just finish out the contract and then.....revisit his options...
Looking at whats out there.. There's not much better than whats already assembled here on Defense.. He should just finish out the contract and then.....revisit his options...
Monkens press conference is tomorrow, One would think that they would like to have the DC job rapped up by then
-
Looking at whats out there.. There's not much better than whats already assembled here on Defense.. He should just finish out the contract and then.....revisit his options...
Monkens press conference is tomorrow, One would think that they would like to have the DC job rapped up by then
Monkens press conference is tomorrow, One would think that they would like to have the DC job rapped up by then
Exactly. He's been assembling his staff. You know that he wants to hire a DC...like...yesterday. I think many HC hires would've said, 'He doesn't want to remain? Screw him! I'll get my own!'. But he had to make a deal with Haslam that Schwartz stays as OC. So now Monken's in limbo.
-
Monkens press conference is tomorrow, One would think that they would like to have the DC job rapped up by then
Exactly. He's been assembling his staff. You know that he wants to hire a DC...like...yesterday. I think many HC hires would've said, 'He doesn't want to remain? Screw him! I'll get my own!'. But he had to make a deal with Haslam that Schwartz stays as OC. So now Monken's in limbo.
Exactly. He's been assembling his staff. You know that he wants to hire a DC...like...yesterday. I think many HC hires would've said, 'He doesn't want to remain? Screw him! I'll get my own!'. But he had to make a deal with Haslam that Schwartz stays as OC. So now Monken's in limbo.
The thing I worry about regarding keeping Schwartz as DC is that it could potentially split the locker room, especially if the Browns still struggle on offense next year and the defensive players start to get vocal about their guy not getting the HC job.Â
-
I heard something on 92.3 The Fan the other day that kind of gave me some optimism about Monken... apparently during his season as OC under Freddie Kitchens he was very frustrated by how unorganized Kitchens was. We'll see if things under Monken seem to be organized.Â
I heard something on 92.3 The Fan the other day that kind of gave me some optimism about Monken... apparently during his season as OC under Freddie Kitchens he was very frustrated by how unorganized Kitchens was. We'll see if things under Monken seem to be organized.Â
Georgia seemed more organized than they've ever been for whatever that's worth - 2 Nattys back to back...
-
âWeâre not planning to change the (defensive) system,â Monken said. âWeâre built for the system the (players are) in currently. Iâm not gonna get into staffing (today) because itâs not the time to get into that, but (the players) can rest assured weâre going to keep the same system.
âWeâre still going to let them attack, still going to let them play free. I canât see any other way. Theyâre a big reason why I took this job, the defensive players. I didnât take this job because of Jim Schwartz.
âI have a lot of respect for Jim Schwartz, as I would hope he has for me,â Monken said. âBut I took it for the players here, the ownership and (general manager) Andrew Berry â and the ability to build this roster from the ground up on the offensive side.â
Schwartz, the defensive coordinator for the past three seasons, left the team facility unhappy after the announcement of Monkenâs hire, league sources told The Athletic, and was adamant that he would not return despite being under contract with the Browns for two more seasons.
Monken spent the last three years as the Baltimore Ravensâ offensive coordinator and faced Schwartzâs Browns defenses twice a season. Monken said it was a âbâ-â to play against Schwartzâs âoutstandingâ defenses and said heâs spoken to Schwartz, but offered no detail on those conversations or Schwartzâs standing in the ongoing staff remake.
âItâs inappropriate for me to comment on that at this time,â Monken said.
Some of Monkenâs anticipated offensive hires have been widely reported, but thereâs been no reported movement on the defensive staff. With team owner Jimmy Haslam also saying Tuesday was not the day to discuss Schwartzâs status and Monkenâs confirmation that the defensive system will remain intact, itâs fair to assume the Browns are planning internal promotions and are at least prepared to move on without Schwartz.
Browns linebackers coach Jason Tarver was the Raidersâ defensive coordinator from 2012 to 2014. Safeties coach Ephraim Banda interviewed for coordinator openings with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys last month.
-
Next man up.
-
Exactly. He's been assembling his staff. You know that he wants to hire a DC...like...yesterday. I think many HC hires would've said, 'He doesn't want to remain? Screw him! I'll get my own!'. But he had to make a deal with Haslam that Schwartz stays as OC. So now Monken's in limbo.
The thing I worry about regarding keeping Schwartz as DC is that it could potentially split the locker room, especially if the Browns still struggle on offense next year and the defensive players start to get vocal about their guy not getting the HC job.Â
The thing I worry about regarding keeping Schwartz as DC is that it could potentially split the locker room, especially if the Browns still struggle on offense next year and the defensive players start to get vocal about their guy not getting the HC job.Â
Exactly- you could dodge this if you went with a young guy, but when you essentially hired the same threshold of coach that's bound to potentially occur.
-
âBREAKING: Starkville head football coach John Carr is heading to the NFL. Carr is set to join Todd Monken as the Cleveland Brownsâ Chief of Staff effective immediately,â Robbie Faulk wrote.
-
-
Carr was Director of Football operations at Southern Miss when Monken was there. Looks like he's had stints as a position coach for other colleges as well.
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login
 Â