Feedback from 2 Head Coaches & Jameis about new HC Todd Monken
-
Here's a link and cut and paste from the Browns website.
Coaches and players share support for Todd Monken as Browns head coach
Monken is the Browns' 19th full-time head coach in team history
Jan 29, 2026 at 01:25 PMKelsey RussoAssociate Editor & Staff Writer
After the Browns announced Todd Monken as the team's 19th full-time head coach in team history, coaches he worked alongside as well as former players of his offered their support of Monken. This is Monken's first head coach position in the NFL, and he brings 37 years of coaching experience at the collegiate and professional level — including 11 years in the NFL.
Check out quotes from Giants head coach John Harbaugh, Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and QB Jameis Winston on Monken as he steps into his first NFL head coach position.
Monken served as the offensive coordinator for three seasons under John Harbaugh with the Ravens. For that timespan, Baltimore's offense sits in the top five across the league in a number of categories. They rank first in rushing yards with 8,512 yards – including 166.9 yards per game – second in scrimmage yards with 19,860 and third in points per game with 27.9. The Ravens are also third with 70 rushing touchdowns and fifth with 91 receiving touchdowns.
“Todd is an outstanding coach. He has worked his way up and paid his dues. He was invaluable in what we did the past three years in Baltimore. He deserves this opportunity and I believe he will be successful. Todd is a good friend. I wish him all the best with the Browns."John Harbaugh, Giants Head Coach
Monken spent three seasons as the offensive coordinator at Georgia from 2020-22 and won back-to-back national titles in 2021 and 2022. In 2021, Georgia's offense ranked in the top 10 in points per game (38.6, ninth), yards per play (7.0, fourth) and total first downs (341, tied for seventh). Then in 2022, Georgia led the nation in total net yards (7,517) and total points (616), with Heisman Trophy finalist QB Stetson Bennett throwing 27 touchdowns and rushing for 10 touchdowns.
“Todd brought an exceptional level of professionalism and creativity to our program. His ability to develop quarterbacks and craft game plans tailored to our players’ strengths was instrumental to our success. What we accomplished wouldn’t have been possible without his impact. We’re incredibly excited for Todd and Terri.”Kirby Smart, Georgia Head Coach
Monken worked with QB Jameis Winston during his three seasons with the Buccaneers from 2016-18. Winston completed 871 of 1,387 passing attempts for 10,586 passing yards and 43 touchdowns in 40 career games over those three seasons.
"Todd Monken is a tough, exciting coach that believes in empowering his players. I am so grateful to see his hard work and dedication pay off with him being the head football coach for the Cleveland Browns. One inspirational quote and actually a mentality that Coach Monk invited our offense to adopt was, “Everything Matters” and that obsession over every meeting and every play allowed us to have success. With his leadership and passion for every little detail will align perfectly with a hungry fan base who loves their team no matter what and an exciting young roster ready to make a difference in Cleveland."Jameis Winston, Giants QB
-
Here's a link and cut and paste from the Browns website.
Coaches and players share support for Todd Monken as Browns head coach
Monken is the Browns' 19th full-time head coach in team history
Jan 29, 2026 at 01:25 PMKelsey RussoAssociate Editor & Staff Writer
After the Browns announced Todd Monken as the team's 19th full-time head coach in team history, coaches he worked alongside as well as former players of his offered their support of Monken. This is Monken's first head coach position in the NFL, and he brings 37 years of coaching experience at the collegiate and professional level — including 11 years in the NFL.
Check out quotes from Giants head coach John Harbaugh, Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and QB Jameis Winston on Monken as he steps into his first NFL head coach position.
Monken served as the offensive coordinator for three seasons under John Harbaugh with the Ravens. For that timespan, Baltimore's offense sits in the top five across the league in a number of categories. They rank first in rushing yards with 8,512 yards – including 166.9 yards per game – second in scrimmage yards with 19,860 and third in points per game with 27.9. The Ravens are also third with 70 rushing touchdowns and fifth with 91 receiving touchdowns.
“Todd is an outstanding coach. He has worked his way up and paid his dues. He was invaluable in what we did the past three years in Baltimore. He deserves this opportunity and I believe he will be successful. Todd is a good friend. I wish him all the best with the Browns."John Harbaugh, Giants Head Coach
Monken spent three seasons as the offensive coordinator at Georgia from 2020-22 and won back-to-back national titles in 2021 and 2022. In 2021, Georgia's offense ranked in the top 10 in points per game (38.6, ninth), yards per play (7.0, fourth) and total first downs (341, tied for seventh). Then in 2022, Georgia led the nation in total net yards (7,517) and total points (616), with Heisman Trophy finalist QB Stetson Bennett throwing 27 touchdowns and rushing for 10 touchdowns.
“Todd brought an exceptional level of professionalism and creativity to our program. His ability to develop quarterbacks and craft game plans tailored to our players’ strengths was instrumental to our success. What we accomplished wouldn’t have been possible without his impact. We’re incredibly excited for Todd and Terri.”Kirby Smart, Georgia Head Coach
Monken worked with QB Jameis Winston during his three seasons with the Buccaneers from 2016-18. Winston completed 871 of 1,387 passing attempts for 10,586 passing yards and 43 touchdowns in 40 career games over those three seasons.
"Todd Monken is a tough, exciting coach that believes in empowering his players. I am so grateful to see his hard work and dedication pay off with him being the head football coach for the Cleveland Browns. One inspirational quote and actually a mentality that Coach Monk invited our offense to adopt was, “Everything Matters” and that obsession over every meeting and every play allowed us to have success. With his leadership and passion for every little detail will align perfectly with a hungry fan base who loves their team no matter what and an exciting young roster ready to make a difference in Cleveland."Jameis Winston, Giants QB
His ability to develop quarterbacks and craft game plans tailored to our players’ strengths was instrumental to our success.
This is an important trait to me. You can have, and work towards, a goal of where you want to get...but you have to be able to tailor your offense (and D) to the strengths of the players that you have. No pounding square pegs into round holes.
-
His ability to develop quarterbacks and craft game plans tailored to our players’ strengths was instrumental to our success.
This is an important trait to me. You can have, and work towards, a goal of where you want to get...but you have to be able to tailor your offense (and D) to the strengths of the players that you have. No pounding square pegs into round holes.
-
Kirby's UGA offense during all the Not-Monken time has been hot garbage. Monken made Stetson Bennett not just viable but good.
We'll see how Monken does with the challenge, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
He will need a viable OL for a prayer at success, but hope is what the offseason is for.
-
Kirby's UGA offense during all the Not-Monken time has been hot garbage. Monken made Stetson Bennett not just viable but good.
We'll see how Monken does with the challenge, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
He will need a viable OL for a prayer at success, but hope is what the offseason is for.
Kirby's UGA offense during all the Not-Monken time has been hot garbage. Monken made Stetson Bennett not just viable but good.
We'll see how Monken does with the challenge, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
He will need a viable OL for a prayer at success, but hope is what the offseason is for.
And I think his message to Berry/Haslem will be, "I need a ton of OLs and WRs in the offseason. You know, kinda like what the whole Browns Board told you all last offseason." LOL! ?
-
-
Am I the only person on here who kind of wants the Browns to just bite the bullet on Watson's contract so we can finally move to move on from it instead of just continuing to kick it down the road? Just go young as much as possible and just take our medicine?
-
Am I the only person on here who kind of wants the Browns to just bite the bullet on Watson's contract so we can finally move to move on from it instead of just continuing to kick it down the road? Just go young as much as possible and just take our medicine?
Am I the only person on here who kind of wants the Browns to just bite the bullet on Watson's contract so we can finally move to move on from it instead of just continuing to kick it down the road? Just go young as much as possible and just take our medicine?
The Browns are in a Ransom for Red Chief situation with Watson. In addition to paying his salary, we would have to pay someone to accept him
-
Am I the only person on here who kind of wants the Browns to just bite the bullet on Watson's contract so we can finally move to move on from it instead of just continuing to kick it down the road? Just go young as much as possible and just take our medicine?
The Browns are in a Ransom for Red Chief situation with Watson. In addition to paying his salary, we would have to pay someone to accept him
The Browns are in a Ransom for Red Chief situation with Watson. In addition to paying his salary, we would have to pay someone to accept him
Love that old story and it fits perfectly:
Two Desperate Men.Gentlemen: I received your letter to-day by post, in regard to the ransom you ask for the return of my son. I think you are a little high in your demands, and I hereby make you a counter-proposition, which I am inclined to believe you will accept. You bring Johnny home and pay me two hundred and fifty dollars in cash, and I agree to take him off your hands. You had better come at night, for the neighbours believe he is lost, and I couldn't be responsible for what they would do to anybody they saw bringing him back.Very respectfully,
EBENEZER DORSET. -
The Browns are in a Ransom for Red Chief situation with Watson. In addition to paying his salary, we would have to pay someone to accept him
Love that old story and it fits perfectly:
Two Desperate Men.Gentlemen: I received your letter to-day by post, in regard to the ransom you ask for the return of my son. I think you are a little high in your demands, and I hereby make you a counter-proposition, which I am inclined to believe you will accept. You bring Johnny home and pay me two hundred and fifty dollars in cash, and I agree to take him off your hands. You had better come at night, for the neighbours believe he is lost, and I couldn't be responsible for what they would do to anybody they saw bringing him back.Very respectfully,
EBENEZER DORSET.Love that old story and it fits perfectly:
Two Desperate Men.Gentlemen: I received your letter to-day by post, in regard to the ransom you ask for the return of my son. I think you are a little high in your demands, and I hereby make you a counter-proposition, which I am inclined to believe you will accept. You bring Johnny home and pay me two hundred and fifty dollars in cash, and I agree to take him off your hands. You had better come at night, for the neighbours believe he is lost, and I couldn't be responsible for what they would do to anybody they saw bringing him back.Very respectfully,
EBENEZER DORSET.Alex, I will take things that never happened for 200
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login