Skip to content

Draft so you can win more games

The Browns Board
284 17 13.6k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    As our 2nd 1st rounder I'm taking the more versatile quick twitch K.C. Concepcion who also returns punts and KOs. Fills more needs and burns teams ATC.

    I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #92

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now. 

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now. 

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #93

    @nickers said:

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

  • @nickers said:

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @texasag1969 said:

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love this.... or a guard. You know I've been on the KC bandwagon for months now. 

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @nickers said:

    if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    I'd like to see us upgrade the WR room such that they take a step to the practice squad.

  • @nickers said:

    if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    I'd like to see us upgrade the WR room such that they take a step to the practice squad.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @orion said:

    I'd like to see us upgrade the WR room such that they take a step to the practice squad.

    Yes... like the Browns seemingly rebuilt their WR room in the mid-80s when they added Slaughter, Langhorne and Brennan in short order. 

  • @nickers said:

    I think he's the dark horse of this draft without being the dark house if that makes any sense.. But I love his fluid,slithery style... It would be a good pairing with Bonds speed then you could look to move Jeudy if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @texasag1969 said:

    And people worry about 7 "drops" 

    KC has a 10%+ drop rate every season of his college career. 

    You can *drop* the quote marks. 

    (See what I did there?) 

    His drop % is especially bad when you factor in his contested catch %  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @dutch-oven said:

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    I don't know if that is true or not, but he gets open enough to make catches and then is slippery as any great receiver when it's in his hands. That to me is something we need. That and his ST abilities.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    I don't know if that is true or not, but he gets open enough to make catches and then is slippery as any great receiver when it's in his hands. That to me is something we need. That and his ST abilities.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't know if that is true or not, but he gets open enough to make catches and then is slippery as any great receiver when it's in his hands. That to me is something we need. That and his ST abilities.

    FWIW, HOF WR Terrell Owens led the NFL with 17 dropped passes in 2006.  It doesn't have to mean a WR sucks if he drops 7 passes in college; especially when he averaged 15.1 yards per catch (61 rec 919 yards 9 TDs).  He also had 10 carries for 75 yards 7.5 avg 1 TD as well as 2 ST returns for TDs.  This is a very good football player...

  • @nickers said:

    if Corley continues to improve and hopefully Larvadain takes another step as well..

    I'd like to see us upgrade the WR room such that they take a step to the practice squad.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I'd like to see us upgrade the WR room such that they take a step to the practice squad.

    Me too... I don't really care how they do it.

  • Captain TripsC Captain Trips wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63

    I've lurked here a long time and I know you deep dive into the X's and O's. I'm curious on your opinion of Taylen Green out of Arkansas.

    He seems very Lamar Jacksonesque. Idk if Monken would look at him as a young QB he could mold.

    Apologies if he's already been discussed!

  • @tiamat63

    I've lurked here a long time and I know you deep dive into the X's and O's. I'm curious on your opinion of Taylen Green out of Arkansas.

    He seems very Lamar Jacksonesque. Idk if Monken would look at him as a young QB he could mold.

    Apologies if he's already been discussed!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @gator said:

    @tiamat63

    I've lurked here a long time and I know you deep dive into the X's and O's. I'm curious on your opinion of Taylen Green out of Arkansas.

    He seems very Lamar Jacksonesque. Idk if Monken would look at him as a young QB he could mold.

    Apologies if he's already been discussed!

     I have multiple cut-ups of his All-22 sitting on my desktop, I just haven't had a chance to do the play charting.   I'll work on an assessment and get back to you by the end of the week.   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nice job with Caleb Lomu, Logan Jones & Avieone Terrell - but I'm not sure they're all still going to be there in the draft slots he chose them in. What do you think Dutch?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nice job with Caleb Lomu, Logan Jones & Avieone Terrell - but I'm not sure they're all still going to be there in the draft slots he chose them in. What do you think Dutch?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Nice job with Caleb Lomu, Logan Jones & Avieone Terrell - but I'm not sure they're all still going to be there in the draft slots he chose them in. What do you think Dutch?

    I agree, I think at least 2 of those three will be gone by the time he had us taking them.

    Also, I’ve never heard anyone say Lomu should be a right tackle?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Interesting - I would do this trade. I'd love to trade down to 12 for the cowboys two picks in the first round, but this trade is more likely.

    https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/chiefs-draft-trade-proposal-monroe-freeling/

    Browns Positioned to Benefit From Blockbuster Draft-Day Pitch With Chiefs

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    I’ve mentioned Green in here a few times.  I watched a couple Arkansas games where  he didn’t play well but had some flashes.  Speed and decent deep ball stand out to me.  Looks like he will need 2/3 years to process a new offense and defensive wrinkles thrown at him.  Looks like a slow processor. 

    My stubbornness always leads me here:

    1. If you are Top 10 in a draft it is always BPA.  If you aren’t a QB, Pass Rusher, LT with gold jacket potential outside of these three positions you need to be a unicorn at your position. 
     

    2. If BPA in the Top 10 gives you pause trade back.

    3.  In the first round Generally don’t like taking lineman that have better traits to be moved into the interior line.  With the exception of a smart athletic center (worked well for us once Alex Mack).  

    4. give me size and other measurables at the corner position.

    5. If I’m running into JAG types on Day 3 try to turn that 5th, 6th or 7th round pick into a 4th, 5th or 6th round pick the following year.  And you could always flip the acquired pick during training camp for a player in targeted need spot. 
     

    6. If I don’t have a true number 1 QB I’m taking one each draft.  Mainly Day 3 here.  And Green raw as can be has some unique tools and throws a decent deep ball. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And people worry about 7 "drops" when I happen to see 2 or 3 that he should not have even gotten hands on but did because of athletic ability that may technically be called drops, but I would not have said they were easy catches that somehow he dropped. It was more like damn he almost actually caught that ball.

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @dutch-oven said:

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion.  FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR.  This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible).  A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.

  • @flugel said:

    Nice job with Caleb Lomu, Logan Jones & Avieone Terrell - but I'm not sure they're all still going to be there in the draft slots he chose them in. What do you think Dutch?

    I agree, I think at least 2 of those three will be gone by the time he had us taking them.

    Also, I’ve never heard anyone say Lomu should be a right tackle?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I agree, I think at least 2 of those three will be gone by the time he had us taking them.

    Also, I’ve never heard anyone say Lomu should be a right tackle?

    I'm sure Lomu appreciated hearing that for the 1st time too. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I brought up that I like Concepcion for the #24 pick to my buddy yesterday at lunch, and he's not a fan. Said he runs basically two routes. What say you? 

    Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion.  FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR.  This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible).  A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.

    JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Dutch this video shows more than 2 routes by Concepcion.  FWIW, sometimes a limitation/restriction of use of all the routes within the passing tree is set by an OC/HC more so to help a QB than just 1 WR.  This highlight will show they even like to use him instead of their RB on some of the runs/short routes usually designated exclusively for RBs. They use him the way the Browns SHOULD have used Metcalf as opposed to Metcalf up the middle (before Metcalf's next 3 NFL employers used him as a productive WR/Slot/Flanker in space. Slotting or flanking or putting him in motion off the LOS makes press covering him next to impossible).  A&M didn't get that extreme obviously but I think their very intelligent HC knew who his top scoring weapon was.

    Concepcion would be a great pick if we already had a #1 WR in my opinion.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    Georgia OT Monroe Freeling having his pro day today. Browns repped only by scouts Shaun Herock & Matt Donahoe, per source