Skip to content

Draft so you can win more games

The Browns Board
284 17 13.6k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Thanks! Your passion has taken you leaps and bounds from where you were when we first crossed paths (which wasn't bad at all).  I could tell you had a football background and now that you utilize the all-22 - it's great to see where you're going with it all.

    I'm not seeing Lomu projected at #6 overall any more; but a few of those that share their Mock Drafts on TV are still listing him at #24.  That at best, coupled with not many big battle-tests outside of Texas Tech (that he clearly didn't ace) - leads me to believe the 21 year old would-be rs junior would still begin the season watching Dawand Jones (who said in an interview with Nathan Zegura) 

    The reason I say Lomu may be taken that high is simply because the raw materials for a quality OT are there.  He needs a lot of work, but he doesn't have the physical limitations Fano has.

    @flugel said:

    A couple weeks after the draft, I'd like to watch whoever we draft at LT on the discord with you.  

    I'll be recording and diagraming snaps tonight to release a video before tomorrow on Fano.  You, and anyone else, are always more than welcomed to join in and watch what I've found.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    The reason I say Lomu may be taken that high is simply because the raw materials for a quality OT are there.  He needs a lot of work, but he doesn't have the physical limitations Fano has.

    I'll be recording and diagraming snaps tonight to release a video before tomorrow on Fano.  You, and anyone else, are always more than welcomed to join in and watch what I've found.

    That would be great!  Thanks!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The reason I say Lomu may be taken that high is simply because the raw materials for a quality OT are there.  He needs a lot of work, but he doesn't have the physical limitations Fano has.

    I'll be recording and diagraming snaps tonight to release a video before tomorrow on Fano.  You, and anyone else, are always more than welcomed to join in and watch what I've found.

    That would be great!  Thanks!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @flugel said:

    That would be great!  Thanks!

    Looking around 7:30pm EST.   I have the timestamps of snaps I found between 3-4 games where the Utah offense and, by extension, Fano, were taken out of their comfort zone.    While I'm cutting those up, I'll share with you guys what I found before I insert them into clips and give the analysis.   

    Again, all are welcomed.

    https://discord.gg/T9ffPZk93

  • @flugel said:

    That would be great!  Thanks!

    Looking around 7:30pm EST.   I have the timestamps of snaps I found between 3-4 games where the Utah offense and, by extension, Fano, were taken out of their comfort zone.    While I'm cutting those up, I'll share with you guys what I found before I insert them into clips and give the analysis.   

    Again, all are welcomed.

    https://discord.gg/T9ffPZk93

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Looking around 7:30pm EST.   I have the timestamps of snaps I found between 3-4 games where the Utah offense and, by extension, Fano, were taken out of their comfort zone.    While I'm cutting those up, I'll share with you guys what I found before I insert them into clips and give the analysis.   

    Again, all are welcomed.

    https://discord.gg/T9ffPZk93

    ??

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

  • So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

    Good point; but that should always be the reason any team drafts beyond the one coming off a SB Championship!  It was NICE to see the Browns getting who they wanted without any interference from Depodesta. End result?  Our fans are pumped and the Browns are pumped!  Significant efforts have been made to strengthen BOTH Tackle spots; while it looks like Dawand Jones has made the best effort of his career to show up in shape.  None of this sucks.  Deeper competition at both Tackle spots should bring out the best in everyone. Can't wait!

  • So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

    I'm out of cyber fanny pats today; but the good news is you don't need the heebeegeebees of me touching your ass ruining your morning. I forgot to mention - I'm really pumped about this draft strengthening the WR and the TE positions.  If we're younger at OT, we needed to add some TEs to their outside shoulders that can also block - and I think we did that yesterday.

  • @orion said:

    So the draft has just ended.  And what did the Browns do.  Well, they drafted so that they could win more games.

    (keep in mind, we already had the #2 defense in the league)

    We needed a LT.  None of those really good defensive players were going to be able to protect our QB's blind side.  So we took a LT with our 1st selection of the draft.

    We had the worst WR room in the league.  So with the next 2 selections we took 2 WR's.  Both bringing somewhat different styles and sizes.  We really needed a big WR that could catch balls at the back of the end zone (Denzel Boston).  Concepcion is a shade under 6'...so he's not a smurf...but he is quick and supposedly able to get some immediate separation.  I'd like to see him be our Wes Welker / Julian Eddleman. 

    From there they saw that a Safety that they liked had slipped a little more than they thought so they moved up to snag him.  (it's handy to have some fire-power so you can pivot like that)

    Lastly, in round 3 they went back for another OLineman that they liked.  They vowed to fix the OL this offseason and WR positions and they certainly kept their word.  (although I'm not sure that the Center that they selected is a fix)

    After that we're into day 3 selections which are more of a crap-shoot.  

    Now are any of our early drafted players going to prove to be the fixes that we hoped?  We can't know for sure.  We know that there are those that didn't want Fano....and those that didn't want Concepcion of which I was one...but not because I didn't think he was any good, but because I wanted Denzel Boston more.  Others would be happier with a Cooper - Boston duo.  

    We'll see how this draft turns out over the upcoming season.  But one thing is for sure, the team was not going to be able to win more games without considerable effort put into the OL & WR groups.  And that's where the team's most valuable draft assets were spent.  Because the goal is to win games and not to pad statistics.   

    In hindsight, Caleb Downs is a great person.  He would've been a great addition to the D and to the community.  But heck, I don't live anywhere near that community.  🙂  

    Next year we may need a GOOD QB in order to win more games.  But we've certainly given the QB the weapons and protection required (we hope) to eliminate those excuses when evaluating our QB play going forward.

    SUPER BOWL !!!!  🙂 

    I'm out of cyber fanny pats today; but the good news is you don't need the heebeegeebees of me touching your ass ruining your morning. I forgot to mention - I'm really pumped about this draft strengthening the WR and the TE positions.  If we're younger at OT, we needed to add some TEs to their outside shoulders that can also block - and I think we did that yesterday.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I'm out of cyber fanny pats today; but the good news is you don't need the heebeegeebees of me touching your ass ruining your morning. I forgot to mention - I'm really pumped about this draft strengthening the WR and the TE positions.  If we're younger at OT, we needed to add some TEs to their outside shoulders that can also block - and I think we did that yesterday.

    I'm still blown away that Kacmarek was taken in the 3rd round, pretty astounding for a TE that doesn't offer much in the receiving part of the game. You know I wanted him bad, but I figured he would have gone around where we got Royer or the other guy. Good for him. 

  • @flugel said:

    I'm out of cyber fanny pats today; but the good news is you don't need the heebeegeebees of me touching your ass ruining your morning. I forgot to mention - I'm really pumped about this draft strengthening the WR and the TE positions.  If we're younger at OT, we needed to add some TEs to their outside shoulders that can also block - and I think we did that yesterday.

    I'm still blown away that Kacmarek was taken in the 3rd round, pretty astounding for a TE that doesn't offer much in the receiving part of the game. You know I wanted him bad, but I figured he would have gone around where we got Royer or the other guy. Good for him. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm still blown away that Kacmarek was taken in the 3rd round, pretty astounding for a TE that doesn't offer much in the receiving part of the game. You know I wanted him bad, but I figured he would have gone around where we got Royer or the other guy. Good for him. 

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm still blown away that Kacmarek was taken in the 3rd round, pretty astounding for a TE that doesn't offer much in the receiving part of the game. You know I wanted him bad, but I figured he would have gone around where we got Royer or the other guy. Good for him. 

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

    From what I've heard and read it seems like Barber is a great candidate to move inside as a guard if he becomes a starter, or perhaps he becomes our backup/swing tackle. 

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @dutch-oven said:

    felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/3  here's the 3rd.. we had pick 70..

    IMO, (the if's) 

    Losing Markell Bell 2 picks prior, berry decided to pivot & move back to #74..

    Georgia (Monken)TE Oscar Delp get's taken 73.. (Bell & Delp had 30 team visits) so that crashes those 2 parties

    Berry takes the future 4th moves to 86 NYG

    So if their thought was/is to move Barber to Guard or swing Tackle?

    You nailed your thoughts they had better guys sitting on the board after they picked Barber (Or added ammo/ to move up) .. See 5 OL Barber needs to be better than in link

    While I'm still pulling my already grey hair out.. ? The 5th round ?

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/5

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad? Than,

    Losing Monken's FB/TE from Indiana (Nowakowski) by 1 pick really had to suck . AB's pivot was to take Royer the pick after..

    Anywho? 148 was traded for a SEA 4th.. Screw that!

    1 ) Use it to get Hecht as your center

    2) Instead of LB? take Nowakowski  at 149

    3)  Pick 170 -- Wouldn't have cared ..Height & Nowakowski we're in your pocket.. trade it ! now go LB/CB?

    Yep! The if's.. always easier now than,then ..  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/3  here's the 3rd.. we had pick 70..

    IMO, (the if's) 

    Losing Markell Bell 2 picks prior, berry decided to pivot & move back to #74..

    Georgia (Monken)TE Oscar Delp get's taken 73.. (Bell & Delp had 30 team visits) so that crashes those 2 parties

    Berry takes the future 4th moves to 86 NYG

    So if their thought was/is to move Barber to Guard or swing Tackle?

    You nailed your thoughts they had better guys sitting on the board after they picked Barber (Or added ammo/ to move up) .. See 5 OL Barber needs to be better than in link

    While I'm still pulling my already grey hair out.. ? The 5th round ?

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/5

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad? Than,

    Losing Monken's FB/TE from Indiana (Nowakowski) by 1 pick really had to suck . AB's pivot was to take Royer the pick after..

    Anywho? 148 was traded for a SEA 4th.. Screw that!

    1 ) Use it to get Hecht as your center

    2) Instead of LB? take Nowakowski  at 149

    3)  Pick 170 -- Wouldn't have cared ..Height & Nowakowski we're in your pocket.. trade it ! now go LB/CB?

    Yep! The if's.. always easier now than,then ..  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad?

    I was all in on Hecht for the Browns on my stupid mock draft. After, I looked into it - though

    Best pick: Kansas State C Sam Hecht

    After moving around the draft board, the Panthers ended up with the 144th pick early in the fifth round. They used it on Kansas State center Sam Hecht. He was considered by a lot of draft analysts to be no worse than the second-best center in this class.

    that is the part that I was thinking.....but then

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2026/04/29/browns-nfl-draft-getting-to-know-durable-center-parker-brailsford/89813579007/

    "

    Here are three things to get to know the new Browns' center.

    1. High value draft pick

    According to the consensus boards, Brailsford was slated as the number two-ranked center and was projected to be a third-round pick, and Cleveland got him in the fifth round. Over his career, he has shown all of the natural abilities needed to be successful at the position."

    "Parker Brailsford was the No. 2 center on PFSN’s consensus big board.

    2. Best ability is availability

    Durability, again, is the name of the game for all of Cleveland's draft picks. The Browns have continually battled injuries year after year. Yes, they are all part of the game, and they are going to happen, but Brailsford is yet another in their list of draft picks who maxed out the number of games that they could have played.

    He appeared in 15 games in his freshman year at center and guard for Washington before transferring to Alabama and playing in all 27 of his games. In that time, he allowed just two sacks from the center position.

    3. Undersized, but very athletic

    Brailsford is very undersized for his position and for an NFL offensive line, period. He stands at 6'2" and weighs in at just 289 pounds. That's not always a horrible thing for centers as they can use their leverage against bigger guys, but it is definitely a negative.

    What is positive is that, again, like the other draft picks, Brailsford is extremely athletic. He tested out as an 8.65 RAS and is one of the more athletic offensive linemen in this class.

    calls him “a natural” at the position.

    ********************************************************************

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/football/the-browns-just-got-the-steal-of-the-nfl-draft-with-alabama-center-parker-brailsford/ar-AA21IQXQ

    The Browns just got the steal of the NFL draft with Alabama center Parker Brailsford

    *************************

    so, I was no longer disgusted - Berry knew what he was doing, apparently !