Draft so you can win more games
-
You should be on the Browns scouting team. You'd fit perfectly with the ones who've been picking our WRs the last 10years.?
Ray Farmer was more than 10 years ago right? Well I'd be better than him!
Sorry bro. But all along I've felt that he's the consolation prize that you wind up with because all of the exceptional 1st round WR's are already picked. I've envisioned us taking OT at 6 and then having to take him at 24. When I really want Tate or Tyson, followed by Boston & Lemon. But they'll all be gone by pick 24, so I'd almost prefer that we go in a different direction at 24 (maybe OL again) and then try and land Chris Brazzell. (he ran the 40, pretty fast)
i hope your guy turns out to be good. That they all turn out to be good. Unless the Steelers draft them.
Ray Farmer was more than 10 years ago right? Well I'd be better than him!
Sorry bro. But all along I've felt that he's the consolation prize that you wind up with because all of the exceptional 1st round WR's are already picked. I've envisioned us taking OT at 6 and then having to take him at 24. When I really want Tate or Tyson, followed by Boston & Lemon. But they'll all be gone by pick 24, so I'd almost prefer that we go in a different direction at 24 (maybe OL again) and then try and land Chris Brazzell. (he ran the 40, pretty fast)
i hope your guy turns out to be good. That they all turn out to be good. Unless the Steelers draft them.
Maybe some team will appreciate someone who is more than just a WR.
-
Ya know, I've been fearing all along that we're going to wind up with him....and I don't really want him. He had 7 drops this season. He did however, run a good gauntlet at the combine...but he didn't run the 40.
Agree. I like so many others and many rated behind Concepcion. Cooper, Branch and a couple sleepers Antonio Williams ( former OSU RB) and CJ Daniels from the U.
Agree. I like so many others and many rated behind Concepcion. Cooper, Branch and a couple sleepers Antonio Williams ( former OSU RB) and CJ Daniels from the U.
Here's a barely mentioned WR from UConn I found on Draft Buzz:
Skyler Bell w/ 101 Receptions, 1278 Yards, 13 Rec TDs, 12.7 Rec Avg, 84.7 Draft Rating (just behind Zach Branch at an 84.9 rating)
Bell's Combine Goodies: Height 6'0", Weight 192 lbs - 4.40 Forty, 41" Vertical Jump, 11'1" Broad Jump
-
Here's another WR I like, probably will be available at the top of the 2nd round
-
So my short list (as of now) of WRs I like for the #24 first rounder and the second round pick is:
KC Concepcion, Texas A&M
Denzel Boston, Washington
Omar Cooper Jr, Indiana
Germie Bernard, Alabama -
I saw Cameron Thomas went to the Falcons. That’s disappointing I thought he played well here.
-
I saw Cameron Thomas went to the Falcons. That’s disappointing I thought he played well here.
I saw Cameron Thomas went to the Falcons. That’s disappointing I thought he played well here.
Apparently Stefanski agrees with you.
-
Jack Stool TE to the Browns one year deal. Poops on the idea of Njoku coming back
-
-
Jack Stool TE to the Browns one year deal. Poops on the idea of Njoku coming back
Jack Stool TE to the Browns one year deal. Poops on the idea of Njoku coming back
It would be an interesting radio commentary if Gabriel threw him a TD pass:
"Step Stool back to pass - and he hits a WIDE OPEN JACK STOOL FOR A TD DOWN THE MIDDLE OF PITTSBURGH'S DEFENSE! Rumor had it - TJ Watt said he wanted to push someone's stool in today; but he's been getting Rag Dolled by Rookie RT Blake Miller all afternoon."
-
Here's a projected 2nd WR per Athlon Sports 2026 Draft Guide - Chris Brazzell II from Tennessee at 6'5" 200 lbs had 62 receptions for 1017 yards at 16.4 yards per catch and 9 TDs in 2025. 3 of those TDs were against Georgia.
-
...and he runs fast. 4.37. You can't teach that stuff.
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
-
...and he runs fast. 4.37. You can't teach that stuff.
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
Yeah, that's inexplicably true Dutch. I say that because they had Peyton Manning there for 4 years. Tennessee's HC Josh Heupel was the starting QB & AP Player of the Year for Oklahoma when they went unbeaten in 2000 and won the Natty after beating FSU 13-2 in the Orange Bowl in January 2001.
IMO, Cedric Tillman showed up to the Browns with skills; and had 2-3 impressive games in a row - until he got a concussion a couple years ago. He hasn't been the same since imo.
The main reason I brought up Brazzell is to show people there's still some intriguing WR prospects in round 2. I have a feeling that position group is going to be really unpredictable. I think we can get a sudden impact at WR anywhere from round 1 to round 3. Let's hope that's not just wishful thinking.
-
...and he runs fast. 4.37. You can't teach that stuff.
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
Yeah...but ya can't teach Tate to run a 4.37.
I'm not saying to draft Brazzell ahead of Tate, Boston, or any of the 1st round WR's. But I wouldn't mind adding him even if we did draft a WR in round 1.
-
Pro Days start to get rolling.
USC, Clemson & Oklahoma are today
Here's The Schedule https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
-
One knock I've heard about Tennessee WRs are that they tend to be limited in their route running. They apparently don't run a very complicated passing attack, and that causes them to struggle when they enter the NFL. Kind of anti-Ohio State.
Yeah...but ya can't teach Tate to run a 4.37.
I'm not saying to draft Brazzell ahead of Tate, Boston, or any of the 1st round WR's. But I wouldn't mind adding him even if we did draft a WR in round 1.
Yeah...but ya can't teach Tate to run a 4.37.
I'm not saying to draft Brazzell ahead of Tate, Boston, or any of the 1st round WR's. But I wouldn't mind adding him even if we did draft a WR in round 1.
Well said & clarified! Jerry Rice is a GREAT reminder that one's ability to change direction can lose more defenders than the elite straight ahead speed of a Willie Gault/Equivalents (or Rice's former teammate - Skeets Nehemiah).
Football isn't played straight ahead so all the knuckleheads QUITTING on Tate because he ran in the 4.5s need to put down the stupid juice. That said, he'd thrive with the elite speed of Isaiah Bond also on the perimeter here.
Having said all that, I do admit a great 40 time catches my attention (especially if/when I see good hand eye-coordination accompanying it).
-
Pro Days start to get rolling.
USC, Clemson & Oklahoma are today
Here's The Schedule https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
Pro Days start to get rolling.
USC, Clemson & Oklahoma are today
Here's The Schedule https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2026-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-results-tracker
You're a PRE-DRAFT MACHINE Gumbs! Did I really just type "Machine Gumbs"?
-
I think center might be a target in this coming draft too, along with a LTackle.
-
I think center might be a target in this coming draft too, along with a LTackle.
I think center might be a target in this coming draft too, along with a LTackle.
Iowa's Logan Jones might be an available steal in round 3. He earned the Nation's best Center honor as the Rimington Award Winner. Former Cleveland Brown OL Coach/Current Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz has done a magnificent job of developing Offensive Linemen for the NFL.
-
I think center might be a target in this coming draft too, along with a LTackle.
Iowa's Logan Jones might be an available steal in round 3. He earned the Nation's best Center honor as the Rimington Award Winner. Former Cleveland Brown OL Coach/Current Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz has done a magnificent job of developing Offensive Linemen for the NFL.
Iowa's Logan Jones might be an available steal in round 3. He was earned the Nation's best Center honor as the Rimington Award Winner. Former Cleveland Brown OL Coach/Current Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz has done a magnificent job of developing Offensive Linemen for the NFL.
I'm always a fan of taking Big Ten OLinemen, especially from Iowa or Wisconsin back in the day
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login