Skip to content

My new jersey

The Browns Board
6 3 156
  • Someone had given me this.  I've yet to wear it.  Not a big fan of the orange jersey.  But now, I'll probably wear it on occasion.   🙂 

    ( the patients of 'Job' is required )  

    image.thumb.png.ce4898ccfe2671db790933f086aac691.png

    1. NFL

    Myles Garrett Watches 'Godzilla' Movies Before Games, Browns Star Talks NFL Sacks Record

    Doric SamFeb 19, 2026
     
     
     

    After setting a new single-season NFL record with 23 sacks this past year, Cleveland Browns star edge rusher Myles Garrett revealed part of the formula for his success.

    Garrett told Sports Illustrated's Greg Bishop that he prefers watching Godzilla movies the night before games because he "pictures himself destroying whatever hapless offense happens to be up next."

    "Like Godzilla destroys cities or monsters," Garrett said.

    Garrett broke the original record of 22.5 sacks held by Hall of Famer Michael Strahan and Pittsburgh Steelers star T.J. Watt. He was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year for the second time in his career while also earning his seventh Pro Bowl selection and first-team All-Pro honors for the fifth time.

    The 30-year-old told Bishop that he never forgot the advice that wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. gave him back in 2021: "There [are] four quarters—who says you can't get a sack in every [one of them]?"

    Garrett takes pride in being able to overcome whatever opposing offenses throw at him, as he's usually facing more than one blocker trying to stop him from getting to the quarterback.

    "I might be the most double-teamed player ever," he said. "I don't think anyone else has seen the kinds of packages and protections I've seen."

    Despite Garrett's individual brilliance, the Browns went 5-12 and missed the playoffs for the fourth time in the past five years. The NFL's new Sack King is undoubtedly hungry for some postseason success, so Cleveland will have a lot of work to do this offseason to try to build a roster worthy of playoff contention in 2026.

  • this is one of the best Godzilla's  I mean the fucker looks evil

  • fuck yes, a myles jersey with GODZILLAS name on the back

  • In reality, the thing that Myles attributes most to his success is his, 'Get-Off'.  I think he said that his best get-off of his career was his final sack of the year of Joe Burrow.  It really was spot on.  ( I recorded a replay of the sack with my phone )  🙂   If you've ever noticed, he does jump offside on occasion.  It's because he's trying to time his get-off.  Occasionally his get-off turns into a got-off...like, got off-sides.  

  • In reality, the thing that Myles attributes most to his success is his, 'Get-Off'.  I think he said that his best get-off of his career was his final sack of the year of Joe Burrow.  It really was spot on.  ( I recorded a replay of the sack with my phone )  🙂   If you've ever noticed, he does jump offside on occasion.  It's because he's trying to time his get-off.  Occasionally his get-off turns into a got-off...like, got off-sides.  

    @orion said:

    In reality, the thing that Myles attributes most to his success is his, 'Get-Off'.  I think he said that his best get-off of his career was his final sack of the year of Joe Burrow.  It really was spot on.  ( I recorded a replay of the sack with my phone )  🙂   If you've ever noticed, he does jump offside on occasion.  It's because he's trying to time his get-off.  Occasionally his get-off turns into a got-off...like, got off-sides.  

    And if you have seen him make those standing jumps to high platforms, then you understand where those huge get-offs come from. He practices that all the time. It's like watching a high jumper practicing to clear the bar at high levels.