Skip to content

If There's One Video I Post You Should Want To Watch

The Browns Board
22 10 480
  • I will wait until after free agency and any trades we make before trying to say who or what position we should take.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ballpeen said:

    I will wait until after free agency and any trades we make before trying to say who or what position we should take.

    Makes sense in theory, but regardless the Browns will need OLine and WRs.

    Both rooms are ghost towns regarding talent for the future. Neither are getting fixed enough through free agency and trades to make them a lesser need regarding the draft.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #11

    What tackles beyond Utah's Caleb Lomu are legit LEFT tackle prospects? 

    I'd love to trade down and take Lomu to get the LT position locked down, then find the RT in Round 2 hypothetically. I'd be fine for example moving to #12 with Dallas for their second rounders this draft and next. (Would that work point wise?)

  • What tackles beyond Utah's Caleb Lomu are legit LEFT tackle prospects? 

    I'd love to trade down and take Lomu to get the LT position locked down, then find the RT in Round 2 hypothetically. I'd be fine for example moving to #12 with Dallas for their second rounders this draft and next. (Would that work point wise?)

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    a) What tackles beyond Utah's Caleb Lomu are legit LEFT tackle prospects? 

    b..) I'd love to trade down and take Lomu to get the LT position locked down, then find the RT in Round 2 hypothetically. I'd be fine for example moving to #12 with Dallas for their second rounders this draft and next. (Would that work point wise?)

    a) PFF Legit LT* snaps  Proctor Lomo Tiernan Freeling 

    b) Dallas is a mess in future picks... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/draft

  • @dutch-oven said:

    a) What tackles beyond Utah's Caleb Lomu are legit LEFT tackle prospects? 

    b..) I'd love to trade down and take Lomu to get the LT position locked down, then find the RT in Round 2 hypothetically. I'd be fine for example moving to #12 with Dallas for their second rounders this draft and next. (Would that work point wise?)

    a) PFF Legit LT* snaps  Proctor Lomo Tiernan Freeling 

    b) Dallas is a mess in future picks... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/draft

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @gumby73 said:

    a) PFF Legit LT* snaps  Proctor Lomo Tiernan Freeling 

    b) Dallas is a mess in future picks... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/draft

    I want nothing to do with Proctor

    Dallas might be a bad trade partner then.

  • @gumby73 said:

    a) PFF Legit LT* snaps  Proctor Lomo Tiernan Freeling 

    b) Dallas is a mess in future picks... https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/draft

    I want nothing to do with Proctor

    Dallas might be a bad trade partner then.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    I want nothing to do with Proctor

    Dallas might be a bad trade partner then.

    Team USA Hockey ! Gold  ?  Boyz & Gals!

    Proctor... He has the most confusing media scouting reports of all tackles..  some up/some down.. well, they all need pro coaching & some Dawand Jones weight off for Proctor  

    The sneaky trade team maybe the Rams? Pick 13 & 29..  Who would they need at #6 though?

  • I will wait until after free agency and any trades we make before trying to say who or what position we should take.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ballpeen said:

    I will wait until after free agency and any trades we make before trying to say who or what position we should take.

    Well, any thoughts that we express are based on current information and not projecting what will happen in FA.  But as Dutch said, the OL & WR's are so deficient that about the only thing FA might do is flip flop whether we pick a Tackle or WR at #6 & 24.  We've been using practice squad caliber players at those two position groups.  LOTS of players needed.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I want nothing to do with Proctor

    Dallas might be a bad trade partner then.

    Team USA Hockey ! Gold  ?  Boyz & Gals!

    Proctor... He has the most confusing media scouting reports of all tackles..  some up/some down.. well, they all need pro coaching & some Dawand Jones weight off for Proctor  

    The sneaky trade team maybe the Rams? Pick 13 & 29..  Who would they need at #6 though?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gumby73 said:

    Team USA Hockey ! Gold  ?  Boyz & Gals!

    Proctor... He has the most confusing media scouting reports of all tackles..  some up/some down.. well, they all need pro coaching & some Dawand Jones weight off for Proctor  

    The sneaky trade team maybe the Rams? Pick 13 & 29..  Who would they need at #6 though?

    Every team wants more pass rushers

  • @ballpeen said:

    I will wait until after free agency and any trades we make before trying to say who or what position we should take.

    Well, any thoughts that we express are based on current information and not projecting what will happen in FA.  But as Dutch said, the OL & WR's are so deficient that about the only thing FA might do is flip flop whether we pick a Tackle or WR at #6 & 24.  We've been using practice squad caliber players at those two position groups.  LOTS of players needed.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @orion said:

    Well, any thoughts that we express are based on current information and not projecting what will happen in FA.  But as Dutch said, the OL & WR's are so deficient that about the only thing FA might do is flip flop whether we pick a Tackle or WR at #6 & 24.  We've been using practice squad caliber players at those two position groups.  LOTS of players needed.

    I agree that the odds are near 100%  we  draft Oline (probably tackle) with at least one of our 1st rounders and the other WR, OL, or other position with the other, in that order of probability.

  • McShay goes over Wide Recievers and OTackles...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dutch-oven said:

    McShay goes over Wide Recievers and OTackles...

    I out Rain Man'd Rain Man repeating there's a very limited supply for the huge demand at OTackle?    And that ain't easy...  Right now we're counting on Dawand Jones to play LT on a pogo stick while we don't have a RT that can tie his own shoes.  Outside of that, things are flawless...  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Actually since it's Springtime and baseball is about to start, this is the video you want to watch.  

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #20

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @unsympathetic said:

    You apply yet? 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #22

    @unsympathetic said:

     Reminds me of an exchange I had with a PFF Data Scientist on twitter. 

     This first post was said DS saying that the Miami offense play design, on that last throw by Beck (which ended in an INT) was bad.  The conclusion to his comment was that there is no flat threat to keep the corner from climbing and helping the safety squeeze the throw. 

    Screenshot_20260315_162822_X2.thumb.jpg.4ea9443b9329dd9b77d7c95f2147bdc9.jpg

    He wouldn't be correct *IF* this wasn't quads to the boundary and the X solo is an alert on the go/comeback.  You base this alert and whether you make the throw, off the field side safety pre & post snap.   I responded kindly...

    Screenshot_20260315_162826_X2.thumb.jpg.35bb9d7c2528141ffdb97db6e5c9c148.jpg

    I explained how this alert and safety hold works here. Using an example from a Buckeye game I remembered with Troy Smith throwing a dime off a similar design. 

    https://www.thebrownsboard.com/topic/70392-the-2024-analysis-thread-dawn-of-the-9/page/4/#findComment-1173294

     To critique coaches is standard for most fans.  But when you're a professional, aspiring to give the best and most accurate possible content and analysis to fans, you damn well better not miss THAT bad. 

     There in lies my issue, my problem, with the limited exchanges I've had with PFF D.S.'s - context.  In everything from how target volume is obtained (Corey Coleman) to pass blocking assignment vs defensive alignment and greater weight towards more difficult assignment (Carter, IU)   If PFF believes this is a "coaching problem" first and foremost, then I would be curious as to how that may effect a grading process on that play.