Skip to content

New RT in a trade

The Browns Board
26 11 774 1
  • @ballpeen said:

    I could see where we don't even take a receiver until maybe round 4.

    Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that.  Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year.  And receiver was/is a main problem.  

    @orion said:

    Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that.  Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year.  And receiver was/is a main problem.  

    The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus.  With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.

    If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we  will sign a receiver before round 4.  I don't know about round 1.  There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.

    Again, I am not saying we won't.  I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't.  The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away.  I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6.  Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.

    I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia.  I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.

  • @orion said:

    Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that.  Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year.  And receiver was/is a main problem.  

    The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus.  With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.

    If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we  will sign a receiver before round 4.  I don't know about round 1.  There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.

    Again, I am not saying we won't.  I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't.  The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away.  I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6.  Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.

    I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia.  I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.

    @ballpeen said:

    guym

    Jordan Tyson?

  • @ballpeen said:

    guym

    Jordan Tyson?

    @orion said:

    Jordan Tyson?

    LOL....Yeah....not sure what that guym was  lol

  • @orion said:

    Jordan Tyson?

    LOL....Yeah....not sure what that guym was  lol

    @ballpeen said:

    LOL....Yeah....not sure what that guym was  lol

    The 'y' was a clue.  🙂     Yeah, it's the injury situation that troubles me also.  

    I think we need more than one 'good' WR brought in.

  • @ballpeen said:

    LOL....Yeah....not sure what that guym was  lol

    The 'y' was a clue.  🙂     Yeah, it's the injury situation that troubles me also.  

    I think we need more than one 'good' WR brought in.

    @orion said:

    The 'y' was a clue.  🙂     Yeah, it's the injury situation that troubles me also.  

    I think we need more than one 'good' WR brought in.

    And we probably will.  I expect we will bring in one free agent with proven results, at least 1 drafted guy who at least shows solid talent and one later round guy.  We still have a few guys on the roster that still need more time to prove and some who have proven they are who they are and need to be replaced with something new.

  • @orion said:

    Fortunately, I'm not a betting man...but if I were I'd bet that we take one earlier than that.  Berry has stated that the offense is a priority this year.  And receiver was/is a main problem.  

    The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus.  With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.

    If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we  will sign a receiver before round 4.  I don't know about round 1.  There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.

    Again, I am not saying we won't.  I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't.  The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away.  I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6.  Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.

    I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia.  I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.

    @ballpeen said:

    The reason I say that stems back to my earlier comment. If we sign a good receiver in free agency that goes in line with Berry stating O was going to be a big focus.  With Judey, a new FA, Fannin and as a wildcard I could see the team using Sampson in more of a receiving role, we will have some weapons in addition to anybody drafted and already have.

    If we don't sign a FA receiver, then we  will sign a receiver before round 4.  I don't know about round 1.  There are a lot of good receivers who will be there in round 2 that won't be that much of a drop off from round 1 guys IMO.

    Again, I am not saying we won't.  I am simply saying I can see possibilities where we won't.  The top receivers as it stand now don't exactly blow me away.  I don't think Tate is "elite" to take at #6.  Lemon looks like he will be a hard to coach player, and guym brain fart here, looks to have injury concerns.

    I like Cooper from Indiana and Branch from Georgia.  I think at least one of those guys will be there in the 2nd round for us.

    NOW YOU LISTEN HERE!  Thank you - that was very well said...