Skip to content

Ravens Big Trade

The Browns Board
35 17 711
  • LOL

  • That guy is going to be a pain in our ass if we don't get some big fat guys in here to block him.

  • That guy is going to be a pain in our ass if we don't get some big fat guys in here to block him.

    @orion said:

    That guy is going to be a pain in our ass if we don't get some big fat guys in here to block him.

    I hear Trent Williams may hit the FA market.

    But what would you give for a soon to be 38 year old LT?

  • @orion said:

    That guy is going to be a pain in our ass if we don't get some big fat guys in here to block him.

    I hear Trent Williams may hit the FA market.

    But what would you give for a soon to be 38 year old LT?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I hear Trent Williams may hit the FA market.

    But what would you give for a soon to be 38 year old LT?

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I hear Trent Williams may hit the FA market.

    But what would you give for a soon to be 38 year old LT?

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    i thought they both played RT

  • sydS syd

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    i thought they both played RT

    @syd said:

    i thought they both played RT

    Fano started 2024 playing LT then switched to RT.

    Markel Bell played LT for Miami, but Mauigoa filled in when he was hurt.

    Both are capable of playing either side of the line, so I like their versatility.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    I haven’t heard much of anything regarding either being projected as a LT in the NFL. In fact, many have suggested that Mauigoa might be better off moving inside to guard.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I’d rather get the guy from Green Bay if we were going to try and fill the spot via free agency. Then again, maybe sign Williams for a year and if you drafted a guy like Lomu you could bring him along slowly. He’s young and might not be able to step right in and play 

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    Mauigoa hasn't played LT because he's primarily a good run blocker first, second and third.  CD there's a lot of speculation beyond my 2 divorced brain cells that say he'll kick inside in the NFL (and it's not just because he has alligator arms - a big part is the speculation his agility/footwork are best suited for OG).  As for a straight ahead gladiator in the trenches - he wins (now imagine him without all that space to his outside shoulder as an OG in pass pro where there's far less room/weakness to exploit). In fairness, Lindy's Spots NFL Preview in 2025 has a Look Ahead to the 2026 Draft section showing he's been clocked at a 4.94 forty on page 133 so don't shoot the Cliff Clavin delivering the mail.  These times in print are all unofficial. I really wish he would have participated in the drills at the combine to show draftniks and analysts thinking he lacks good lateral footwork and agility "they got the wrong guy!" 

    You're right - Fano has played LT in his 1st season at Utah until Caleb Lomu replaced him as a red shirt Freshman.  That said, Fano is even better at RT to the extent he won the Outland Trophy as the Nation's best OL. He's be a great draft pick.  And Lomu?  How many red shirt sophomore LTs that have ever been projected as a 1st round prospect after giving up ZERO sacks?  He'll be a great pick too but the development process may require some patience early on in the rookie year.  I think him and Georgia's Monroe Freeling are dead even; but Freeling may be ready to start a little sooner (due to a bigger volume of challenging battle-tests within his conference). 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I would prefer drafting an LT like Mauigoa, or Fano.

    Mauigoa hasn't played LT because he's primarily a good run blocker first, second and third.  CD there's a lot of speculation beyond my 2 divorced brain cells that say he'll kick inside in the NFL (and it's not just because he has alligator arms - a big part is the speculation his agility/footwork are best suited for OG).  As for a straight ahead gladiator in the trenches - he wins (now imagine him without all that space to his outside shoulder as an OG in pass pro where there's far less room/weakness to exploit). In fairness, Lindy's Spots NFL Preview in 2025 has a Look Ahead to the 2026 Draft section showing he's been clocked at a 4.94 forty on page 133 so don't shoot the Cliff Clavin delivering the mail.  These times in print are all unofficial. I really wish he would have participated in the drills at the combine to show draftniks and analysts thinking he lacks good lateral footwork and agility "they got the wrong guy!" 

    You're right - Fano has played LT in his 1st season at Utah until Caleb Lomu replaced him as a red shirt Freshman.  That said, Fano is even better at RT to the extent he won the Outland Trophy as the Nation's best OL. He's be a great draft pick.  And Lomu?  How many red shirt sophomore LTs that have ever been projected as a 1st round prospect after giving up ZERO sacks?  He'll be a great pick too but the development process may require some patience early on in the rookie year.  I think him and Georgia's Monroe Freeling are dead even; but Freeling may be ready to start a little sooner (due to a bigger volume of challenging battle-tests within his conference). 

    @flugel said:

    Mauigoa hasn't played LT because he's primarily a good run blocker first, second and third.  CD there's a lot of speculation beyond my 2 divorced brain cells that say he'll kick inside in the NFL (and it's not just because he has alligator arms - a big part is the speculation his agility/footwork are best suited for OG).  As for a straight ahead gladiator in the trenches - he wins (now imagine him without all that space to his outside shoulder as an OG in pass pro where there's far less room/weakness to exploit). In fairness, Lindy's Spots NFL Preview in 2025 has a Look Ahead to the 2026 Draft section showing he's been clocked at a 4.94 forty on page 133 so don't shoot the Cliff Clavin delivering the mail.  These times in print are all unofficial. I really wish he would have participated in the drills at the combine to show draftniks and analysts thinking he lacks good lateral footwork and agility "they got the wrong guy!" 

    You're right - Fano has played LT in his 1st season at Utah until Caleb Lomu replaced him as a red shirt Freshman.  That said, Fano is even better at RT to the extent he won the Outland Trophy as the Nation's best OL. He's be a great draft pick.  And Lomu?  How many red shirt sophomore LTs that have ever been projected as a 1st round prospect after giving up ZERO sacks?  He'll be a great pick too but the development process may require some patience early on in the rookie year.  I think him and Georgia's Monroe Freeling are dead even; but Freeling may be ready to start a little sooner (due to a bigger volume of challenging battle-tests within his conference). 

    Another reason I like these two guys, is they’re projected mid first round picks.

    I like the idea of trading back a few spots to accumulate more picks.

    The Browns have more needs than picks, which is an indictment of AB’s performance.

  • Ravens just back ed out of the trade 

  • I hear this will put the Raiders in salary cap hell.  They've been signing people thinking they had space.

    Clearly the Ravens knew he had surgery, I'm guessing the recovery isn't where they thought it would be.

    Non-Browns disfunction is fun to watch.

  • I hear this will put the Raiders in salary cap hell.  They've been signing people thinking they had space.

    Clearly the Ravens knew he had surgery, I'm guessing the recovery isn't where they thought it would be.

    Non-Browns disfunction is fun to watch.

    @htownbrown said:

    I hear this will put the Raiders in salary cap hell.  They've been signing people thinking they had space.

    Clearly the Ravens knew he had surgery, I'm guessing the recovery isn't where they thought it would be.

    Non-Browns disfunction is fun to watch.

    As disfunction as the Jimmy led Browns have been, I can’t remember them making a trade that was nixed because of a bad physical 

  • They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

  • They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    Per The Athletic’s free agency tracker, Hendrickson has offers on the table and will make an announcement tomorrow.

  • @htownbrown said:

    I hear this will put the Raiders in salary cap hell.  They've been signing people thinking they had space.

    Clearly the Ravens knew he had surgery, I'm guessing the recovery isn't where they thought it would be.

    Non-Browns disfunction is fun to watch.

    As disfunction as the Jimmy led Browns have been, I can’t remember them making a trade that was nixed because of a bad physical 

    @browns149 said:

    As disfunction as the Jimmy led Browns have been, I can’t remember them making a trade that was nixed because of a bad physical 

    In hindsight, they should of backed out of the Watson trade though.  

  • @browns149 said:

    As disfunction as the Jimmy led Browns have been, I can’t remember them making a trade that was nixed because of a bad physical 

    In hindsight, they should of backed out of the Watson trade though.  

    @htownbrown said:

    In hindsight, they should of backed out of the Watson trade though.  

    The problem was they already knew the issues and still took the deal.

  • They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    IMO (almost worth 2 cents) this is the most underrated FA. He doesn't look the part of what everyone is looking for on the edge; but when I watch HOW he consistently beats people - it's freakin relentless and very impressive. We saw him twice a year; and perhaps even worse - I got a sick feeling he'll be a Ratbird that will continue the trend. I wish we had the cake to put him on the opposite edge of Myles...

  • They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    They could.

  • They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They could sign Trey Hendrickson, who is a free agent and is finding the market to be quiet for him so far. 

    Listened to a former NFL gm on NFL radio yesterday. (FWIW)

    "Hendrickson is sitting on his fishing boat in Florida, until his agent has a team at 30M / year"..

     Trey's 31 & only played in 7 games last season.  could Trey pass a physical?  

    let's see if that price comes down now?