Skip to content

Browns FA signings

The Browns Board
189 23 3.8k 1
  • Best 2026 NFL Free Agent Wide Receivers

    • Jauan Jennings
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Brandon Aiyuk
    • Deebo Samuel
    • Keenan Allen
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Brandin Cooks
    • Curtis Samuel
    • Cedrick Wilson
    • Sterling Shepard
    • Tim Patrick
    • Tyler Johnson
    • JuJu Smith-Schuster
    • Noah Brown
    • Tyler Lockett
    • KhaDarel Hodge
    • Scotty Miller
    • Bryce Ford-Wheaton
    • Josh Reynolds
    • Deandre Carter
    • Dante Pettis
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    • Zay Jones
    • James Proche
    • Chris Moore
    • Alex Bachman
    • D'Wayne Eskridge
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Hunter Renfrow
    • Allen Lazard
    • Diontae Johnson
    • Michael Gallup
    • Gabe Davis
    • Malik Heath

    Best 2026 NFL Free Agent Tight Ends

    • David Njoku
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Will Dissly
    • Zach Ertz
    • Darren Waller
    • James Mitchell
    • Taysom Hill
    • Marcedes Lewis
    • Nick Vannett
    • Harrison Bryant
    • Josiah Deguara
    • Shane Zylstra
    • John FitzPatrick
    • Anthony Firkser
    • Pharaoh Brown
    • Donald Parham
    • Jordan Akins
    • C.J. Uzomah

    Best 2026 NFL Free Agent Offensive Tackles

    • Taylor Decker
    • Jonah Williams
    • Jack Conklin
    • Jawaan Taylor
    • Cam Robinson
    • Kendall Lamm
    • Landon Young
    • Andrus Peat
    • Kelvin Beachum
    • Hakeem Adeniji
    • Joseph Noteboom
    • Jake Curhan
    • Thayer Munford Jr.
    • Yodny Cajuste
    • Yasir Durant
    • Lucas Niang
    • Jamarco Jones
    • Matt Nelson
    • George Fant
    • D.J. Humphries
    • La'el Collins
    • Jackson Barton
    • Conor McDermott
    • Jackson Carman
    • Isaiah Wynn
    • Andre Dillard
    • Justin Herron
    • Leroy Watson
    • Calvin Anderson
    • Cornelius Lucas
  • So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

  • sydS syd

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    That's probably correct.

    They'll see what they do during the Draft and possibly add someone If needed I would guess

  • @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    That's probably correct.

    They'll see what they do during the Draft and possibly add someone If needed I would guess

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's probably correct.

    They'll see what they do during the Draft and possibly add someone If needed I would guess

    I will hope just for depth 

  • sydS syd

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    these are the agent deals,we'd wish to hear the before draft number$ teams offered... compared to the after draft signing number..

    Lions told Decker to take a pay cut from 18.9 M .. Decker's agent told the Lions to release him..

    Taylor Decker's still a FA. Top FA LT from GB Rasheed Walker signed 1 year deal Carolina 10M 

  • sydS syd

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ?

    The current FA's will be in competition with players that did not get picked in the draft.  

  • sydS syd

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    Probably so, maybe even until they see who might pop up after June 1 cuts.  For now it is 100% eyes on the draft.  If Berry is working the phones, it is probably more lined with possible trades during the draft, and finally nailing down the final draft board if that isn't already in place. 

    At this point everybody has been going non-stop.  They might even work in some shorter days and or a few days off to let people recharge the minds over the next week or so.

  • @syd said:

    So I am ASsuming picking up any new F.A'S will be on the back burner untill after the draft ? maybe get someone like Decker on a cheaper deal ?

    Probably so, maybe even until they see who might pop up after June 1 cuts.  For now it is 100% eyes on the draft.  If Berry is working the phones, it is probably more lined with possible trades during the draft, and finally nailing down the final draft board if that isn't already in place. 

    At this point everybody has been going non-stop.  They might even work in some shorter days and or a few days off to let people recharge the minds over the next week or so.

    @ballpeen said:

    nailing down the final draft board if that isn't already in place. 

    I'm certain that their board is nailed down.  Probably has been for some time.  The only thing that can happen to draftees right now is negative.  They could screw themselves by doing something stupid.

  • @ballpeen said:

    nailing down the final draft board if that isn't already in place. 

    I'm certain that their board is nailed down.  Probably has been for some time.  The only thing that can happen to draftees right now is negative.  They could screw themselves by doing something stupid.

    @orion said:

    I'm certain that their board is nailed down.  Probably has been for some time.  The only thing that can happen to draftees right now is negative.  They could screw themselves by doing something stupid.

    Probably so, as I indicated but I would not be certain.  Either way, it is for all intents and purposes complete unless we discover we have a Jeremiah Pharms type guy on the board.

  • The Cleveland Browns have added a fullback, reportedly, with 10 year vet Michael Burton coming to town. In 10 seasons, Burton has played in 147 games with six different teams. With over 1,300 snaps on offense, Burton has just 42 carries and 31 receptions on his resume. The Rutgers product has also played over 1,800 snaps on special teams.

    images.jpg.5d891c146a3a6131c4173ec258ca5b46.jpg      images.jpg.a7306ad3d9a59abb3d4591a1e370b29e.jpg

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/cleveland-browns-news/123943/browns-free-agency-michael-burton-fullback-todd-monken?utm_source=bleacherreport&utm_medium=referral

  • The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

  • The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

    @orion said:

    The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB.  At least one with 42 carries and 31 receptions over 10 years. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  Any clod can catch 3 balls a year and carry it 4 times a year.

  • @orion said:

    The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB.  At least one with 42 carries and 31 receptions over 10 years. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  Any clod can catch 3 balls a year and carry it 4 times a year.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB.  At least one with 42 carries and 31 receptions over 10 years. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  Any clod can catch 3 balls a year and carry it 4 times a year.

    One or more of those TEs will make it on the team as ST player(s) and are more than capable of being short yardage FBs. And I say more than one because Concepcion is going to do away with an ST player at least there to return punts if not also KOs. That creates more room on the roster.

  • The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

    @orion said:

    Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB. 

    DT Adin Huntington was used as a lead blocker but, not sure if Adin ever got a goal line or FB carry last season. Adin did ok as a punt & KO defender too.

    My thinking was, They'd try FA signing Jack Stoll at FB, when we got Jack from Saints? Now it looks like Stoll's camp comp is rookie Joe Royer

    BYU drafted rookie Carsen Ryan fits a look at FB too  

    I was surprised Denver released Michael Burton in a Sean Payton offense   

    Interested to see how this plays out

  • @orion said:

    The last interview I saw with Monken he wasn't sure if they would add a full time FB.  Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB.  We'll see if he's on the roster in September.  

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB.  At least one with 42 carries and 31 receptions over 10 years. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  Any clod can catch 3 balls a year and carry it 4 times a year.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

  • @orion said:

    Could be brought in for special teams....and part time FB. 

    DT Adin Huntington was used as a lead blocker but, not sure if Adin ever got a goal line or FB carry last season. Adin did ok as a punt & KO defender too.

    My thinking was, They'd try FA signing Jack Stoll at FB, when we got Jack from Saints? Now it looks like Stoll's camp comp is rookie Joe Royer

    BYU drafted rookie Carsen Ryan fits a look at FB too  

    I was surprised Denver released Michael Burton in a Sean Payton offense   

    Interested to see how this plays out

    @gumby73 said:

    DT Adin Huntington was used as a lead blocker

    In that same interview I saw with Monken he said that when he first came across Adin Huntington he said to him, So you're the FB.  And Adin said, Well actually I'm a DT.  🙂  Monken also went on to praise his ST work.  This was before he stated that he wasn't sure if they'd carry a full time FB.  

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't see any reason for a full time FB. 

    If we are looking for that, just find one of the back-up guards and play him there.  

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

    @ballpeen said:

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

    The traditional Lawrence Vickers fullback is almost extinct, as are the 6'3, 250lb linebackers because of the spread offenses that have spread all the way down to pee wee football. 

    When I was in high school we rarely passed out of the full-house offense that had a full back and two tailbacks. This was the early 90s. They run the spread now, along with everyone else. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

    @ballpeen said:

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

    I think you can carry one as long as he is a core special teams player.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Kyle Juszczyk is proof that a proper 1 back with the ability to block and catch passes can be an invaluable weapon.  In a league that's reducing it's nickel usage and offenses trying to 'bluff' bigger personnel, actually having that personnel committed to running the rock can only help offensive efficacy.   

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    I suppose that is my beef with a dedicated fullback.  Somewhere on the roster a team can't find a back-up at some other position to step in to a fullback role? To me it isn't so much the position.  It's about the roster spot.

    @ballpeen said:

    I  suppose "proper" is the key word. Is the lack of proper fullbacks due to not many emerge from the college ranks or is it because teams at nearly every level seem avoid running systems that utilize a proper fullback all that often?

    "Proper" means utility, in 2026.   Kyle is the best example.  He can carry the rock, he's a quality lead & he can catch working from the backfield.  There's absolutely a place for that type of player, but in modern football we tend to love our stressors from more ... 'athletic' positions.  Which is a shame because good FB's are athlete's.  

     It's also a coaching thing.  FB inserts can help you steal extra gaps with simple shifts, it just isn't sexy in today's game.  But it can be insanely effective.   Just look no further than Kyle Shanahan.