Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Personal Digital Security

Personal Digital Security

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
2 Posts 2 Posters 70 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
    • 6k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://x.com/disclosetv/status/2037533001312026827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E2037533001312026827%7Ctwgr%5Edffe67dcf7bec99882ce83b4f7fe532290e73537%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/03/breaking-doj-confirms-iran-backed-hackers-have-breached/

    Maybe his personal email isn't as protected as his FBI accounts, IDK, but even still, anything can be hacked.

    I receive so many scam texts but no matter what it is, I know no one is contacting me through a random text will be legitimate. If I have any doubt, I ignore the text and look up the companies actual site and phone number. I would do this for any format, if I felt compelled to look into it further than blocking it as spam.

    I have my credit locked down through the big 3 credit bureaus and I suggest everyone do this. If you need to make a credit check, it's easy to unfreeze and lock back up again.

    Other than that, what can you do?

    Be smart with passwords, keep eye on bank accounts, set up alerts?

    Other countries are dedicated to hacking as a form of cold war tactic against us then we have people just trying to scam peoples money as they will even destroy their credit in the process and make a long trail to clean up after.

    C 1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • JaxJ Jax

      https://x.com/disclosetv/status/2037533001312026827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E2037533001312026827%7Ctwgr%5Edffe67dcf7bec99882ce83b4f7fe532290e73537%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/03/breaking-doj-confirms-iran-backed-hackers-have-breached/

      Maybe his personal email isn't as protected as his FBI accounts, IDK, but even still, anything can be hacked.

      I receive so many scam texts but no matter what it is, I know no one is contacting me through a random text will be legitimate. If I have any doubt, I ignore the text and look up the companies actual site and phone number. I would do this for any format, if I felt compelled to look into it further than blocking it as spam.

      I have my credit locked down through the big 3 credit bureaus and I suggest everyone do this. If you need to make a credit check, it's easy to unfreeze and lock back up again.

      Other than that, what can you do?

      Be smart with passwords, keep eye on bank accounts, set up alerts?

      Other countries are dedicated to hacking as a form of cold war tactic against us then we have people just trying to scam peoples money as they will even destroy their credit in the process and make a long trail to clean up after.

      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @jax said:

      https://x.com/disclosetv/status/2037533001312026827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E2037533001312026827%7Ctwgr%5Edffe67dcf7bec99882ce83b4f7fe532290e73537%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/03/breaking-doj-confirms-iran-backed-hackers-have-breached/

      Maybe his personal email isn't as protected as his FBI accounts, IDK, but even still, anything can be hacked.

      I receive so many scam texts but no matter what it is, I know no one is contacting me through a random text will be legitimate. If I have any doubt, I ignore the text and look up the companies actual site and phone number. I would do this for any format, if I felt compelled to look into it further than blocking it as spam.

      I have my credit locked down through the big 3 credit bureaus and I suggest everyone do this. If you need to make a credit check, it's easy to unfreeze and lock back up again.

      Other than that, what can you do?

      Be smart with passwords, keep eye on bank accounts, set up alerts?

      Other countries are dedicated to hacking as a form of cold war tactic against us then we have people just trying to scam peoples money as they will even destroy their credit in the process and make a long trail to clean up after.

      It's a huge problem. Phones can be hacked - the Father in law was getting charged for long calls from Jamaica etc, we stopped that. There is so much dishonest garbage out there.Yep, computers can be hacked for sure - in the past, personal and business computers have been hacked to provide for confusing to authorities transportation of illegal bad stuff, bouncing from one location to another to another, etc. Recently, we and friends got an email and phone message that we were subject to arrest for ticket violations and missing court appearances. ha. totally bogus, but I guess some older folks might click on the link, and even send them money. The links of these things tend to have .exe files activated behind them. Fraud is everywhere - phones, computers, health care/child care around the country.

      I identity theft is a serous problem. Have a very good antivirus program running, and I also use a good anti-malware software, too. Hacking has gotten seriously high tech.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      Theme
      • System
      • Light
      • Dark
      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Forums
      • Recent
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Donate