Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Rodgers gets it

Rodgers gets it

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 14 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bonedawg B
    • 847 Posts
    • 26 Reputation
    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Quote:

    Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

    "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

    He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

    "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

    Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

    C FlugelF daydawg19D yosemitejamY 4 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Browns B
      • 438 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      B Browns wrote on last edited by
      #2

      How many sacks does rogers have this year?

      B 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • B Browns

        How many sacks does rogers have this year?

        bonedawg B
        • 847 Posts
        • 26 Reputation
        B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        suns said:

        How many sacks does rogers have this year?

        1, and he is 5th on the team in tackles, don't quote me on that one though

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. T Mr. TM
          • 7k Posts
          • 184 Reputation
          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
          #4

          The Defense still gets an F

          Head or Gut?
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • B bonedawg

            Quote:

            Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

            "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

            He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

            "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

            Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

            car ramrod C
            • 363 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            C car ramrod wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @bonedawg said:

            Quote:

            Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

            "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

            He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

            "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

            Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

            I agree. Its refreshing but still doesnt make it better. Now its time to step up and go to work.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • car ramrod C
              • 363 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              C car ramrod wrote on last edited by car ramrod
              #6

              Oh and I wish he would have said.....

              Our Offense is terrible. They give us no shot what so ever to be successful. 3 and out, 3 and out....... I dont even take my helmet off cause I know Im going right back in.

              Obviously that would never happen but god I wish it did.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Vegasdogg V
                • 1k Posts
                • 2 Reputation
                V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                You can say the defense gets tired all you want. This is a team game and yes the offense needs to sustain drives. But 3 RB go untouched into the endzone? That is more than just tired. That is a piss poor performance by the front 7.

                The O has QB and leadership issues. The D has to stop somebody.

                "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • lemosley01 L
                  • 689 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @inspecta said:

                  Exactly.

                  I'm not nearly as disappointed with the defense as I am the offense.

                  A defense can't be on the field as much as ours have and expect to be dominant or expect to make that many plays. By the 2nd half they are just trying to "get by"

                  It's amazing how much an offensive TD by your teammates can rejuvenate a defense

                  Well, we saw Indy's defense spend > 45:00 on the field on MNF. They were tired, but they didn't QUIT.

                  It does help knowing you have an offense that can score, though. That's for sure.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • B bonedawg

                    Quote:

                    Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                    "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                    He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                    "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                    Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                    Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 11k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @bonedawg said:

                    Quote:

                    Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                    "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                    He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                    "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                    Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                    I'm REALLY glad to see him taking some accountability. To be honest with you, he's the guy I was HOPING would be our inspirational and vocal leader of the defense. If this guy plays like King Kong up front - it'll make the impact we want. Last week, I couldn't tell the difference in our Nose Tackles and it looked like our entire defense flat lined on the very first series.

                    YES, the coaching is important. However, you can't win a chess match without the right chess pieces to attack the opponent with. Alot of people are writing this in different ways whether they realize it or not - this team is LACKING on the lfield leadership on both sides of the ball. Let's hope this changes this week.

                    - Tom F.

                    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DaBrowns41 D
                      • 108 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      D DaBrowns41 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      mikeyP72 said:

                      Its hard to have Defense when the OFFENSE goes 3 and out for entire halfs of football games.

                      Just like in the 2nd Pitt game in 2007 when we were up 20-7 (or 20-3? I can't remember), and DA has 8 straight 3-4-5 play and outs because he couldn't complete the short passes when the Steelers took Braylon out of the game.

                      http://dabrowns41.blogspot.com Browns and Draft talk. Enjoy!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Next Year Next YearN
                        • 132 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Rogers hasnt being playing hard either, at times ive seen him bringin some intensity, but hes been preaty lack luster.. hopefully he will step it up this weekend...

                        Being on D when ur offense is playing as bad as we are doesnt make you wanna play any harder though either...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • B bonedawg

                          Quote:

                          Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                          "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                          He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                          "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                          Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                          daydawg19 daydawg19D
                          • 230 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @bonedawg said:

                          Quote:

                          Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                          "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                          He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                          "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                          Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                          Link to the quote please.

                          N B 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • B bonedawg

                            Quote:

                            Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                            "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                            He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                            "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                            Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                            yosemitejam yosemitejamY
                            • 263 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            yosemitejamY yosemitejam wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @bonedawg said:

                            Quote:

                            Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                            "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                            He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                            "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                            Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                            While Rogers may be commended for his honesty his energies should be directed at his defensive teammates........none of whom seems to be able to make a play

                            Forget about the negatives....he needs to lite a fire under these group of non-hackers and provide some inspiration instead of suckin' his thumb and saying what he thinks the fans want to hear....

                            How bout this for some inspiration:

                            the 2000 Ravens went through a 5 game streak c/o scoring a single TD on their way to Super Bowl glory....the team didn't fold because they didn't divide

                            QB average rating (Banks, Dilfer) a sizzling 72.9

                            Rat Birds went 12-4 when not allowing a 100 yd rusher

                            Rat Birds went 10-4 when not allowing a 300 yd passer

                            The team rode the D all the way to the promised land because the D rose up and took leadership......

                            So let's not hear how disappointed you are in your play.......take the bull by the horn and lead your squad

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • daydawg19D daydawg19

                              @bonedawg said:

                              Quote:

                              Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                              "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                              He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                              "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                              Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                              Link to the quote please.

                              ndneighbor N
                              • 250 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              N ndneighbor wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @daydawg19 said:

                              Link to the quote please.

                              http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...aun_rogers.html

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Tobalaz T
                                • 543 Posts
                                • 4 Reputation
                                T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                mikeyP72 said:

                                Its hard to have Defense when the OFFENSE goes 3 and out for entire halfs of football games.

                                And that quality run run pass punt playcalling is really helping the situation.

                                It didn't work in the Romeo era, it didn't work in the Davis era, and Palmer, while a total failure, at least had the common sense to mix up his play calling.

                                3 seasons until our new head coach, let's hope they get it right this time.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Gips GipsG
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 34 Reputation
                                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Fact of the matter is teams have to plan around rogers but worry little about the surrounding support its the support rogers doesnt get at the ends and the LBs in particular that is the problem..he cant do everything himself...

                                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • daydawg19D daydawg19

                                    @bonedawg said:

                                    Quote:

                                    Nose tackle Shaun Rogers said he understands the rampant critcism the 0-3 Browns are getting locally and nationally.

                                    "We're kind of bad right now," he said. "That's the fact of it. We're not doing what we're paid and coached to do. We just have to get better."

                                    He said his own play has been "very unsatisfactory."

                                    "It's my job to be an impact and influence, and I don't think I've really done my job lately, so I'm still working on getting me straight," Rogers said. "I just haven't had the games I'd like to have. I just haven't been as much an impact as I would like to be."

                                    Makes me feel better that one of the best players on our team is owning up to things. I would take the "kind of" out of that first statement though.

                                    Link to the quote please.

                                    bonedawg B
                                    • 847 Posts
                                    • 26 Reputation
                                    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @daydawg19 said:

                                    Link to the quote please.

                                    Happy Now? 😒

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate