Skip to content

What Three Players…?

The Browns Board
32 11 583 1
  • Mendoza... Reese... Love..

    Browns hopes.. Tate  than Downs than  Styles 

    @gumby73 said:

    Mendoza... Reese... Love..

    These are my three as well. Though I could also see Bain Jr. going top 5.

  • Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

  • Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgo why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    Don't raise your own BP more than it needs to be man... Life is hard enough..

  • Are you convinced will be off the board by the time the Browns could be on the board at 6?

    Because honestly beyond Mendoza I can almost see a scenario where every other consensus top 10 guy is still on the board. I guess gun to my head I think Arvell Reese will be gone, and probably David Bailey too. Love? Tate? Downs? I could definitely see those three still on the board? 

    What say you, Fuzzy Britches?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you convinced will be off the board by the time the Browns could be on the board at 6?

    Because honestly beyond Mendoza I can almost see a scenario where every other consensus top 10 guy is still on the board. I guess gun to my head I think Arvell Reese will be gone, and probably David Bailey too. Love? Tate? Downs? I could definitely see those three still on the board? 

    What say you, Fuzzy Britches?

    Mendoza. Raiders 

    Bailey.  He’s going 2

    Reese.  He’s going to the Titans 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Are you convinced will be off the board by the time the Browns could be on the board at 6?

    Because honestly beyond Mendoza I can almost see a scenario where every other consensus top 10 guy is still on the board. I guess gun to my head I think Arvell Reese will be gone, and probably David Bailey too. Love? Tate? Downs? I could definitely see those three still on the board? 

    What say you, Fuzzy Britches?

    Mendoza. Raiders 

    Bailey.  He’s going 2

    Reese.  He’s going to the Titans 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Bailey.  He’s going 2

    Reese.  He’s going to the Titans 

    I think that they only way we find a trade partner is if one of these two is there at pick 6.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Bailey.  He’s going 2

    Reese.  He’s going to the Titans 

    I think that they only way we find a trade partner is if one of these two is there at pick 6.

    @orion said:

    I think that they only way we find a trade partner is if one of these two is there at pick 6.

    Love would be the key IMO. He would move the needles 

    he could go 7, 8, or 9 you could Make a case for any of the three teams here. 

  • the qb from Indiana and at least two players from ohio state

  • Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    Because we wanted to win more games.

    Unless you win a lot more games, a few more don't matter.  It just leaves you stuck in the middle.

  • Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    In the last 2 years, Washington's 6-4 WR Denzel Boston has 20 TD Receptions & 125 Receptions in 25 games facing the opponents #1 Corner. In comparison, Buckeyes WR Carnell Tate had 13 TD Receptions & 103 Receptions in 26 games often against opponents' #2 Corner (with Jeremiah Smith usually facing the opponent's #1 Corner).

    Volume of nationally televised games isn't just swaying Buckeyes fans; but countless draft analysts paid for their opinions.  I'll confess, I'm still leaning toward Tate as THE #1 WR.  However, should someone pick him before #6 - the drop-off to Denzel Boston may not be as big as people think.  Keep in mind, there is no Jeremiah Smith on the Browns perimeter providing his peers with easier matchups in coverage. Hopefully, the speed of Isaiah Bond (with coached up route precision) can get Tate and others some friendly matchup dynamics.  There's other good WRs in this draft that can help the Browns. If they don't agree, they could be tempted to draft Oregon TE Kenyon Sadiq at 6'3" 245 lbs.  He ran a 4.39 so that makes him a dangerous component to opponents.  Monken enjoys using 2 TEs that can contribute well to the passing game.

  • @orion said:

    Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    In the last 2 years, Washington's 6-4 WR Denzel Boston has 20 TD Receptions & 125 Receptions in 25 games facing the opponents #1 Corner. In comparison, Buckeyes WR Carnell Tate had 13 TD Receptions & 103 Receptions in 26 games often against opponents' #2 Corner (with Jeremiah Smith usually facing the opponent's #1 Corner).

    Volume of nationally televised games isn't just swaying Buckeyes fans; but countless draft analysts paid for their opinions.  I'll confess, I'm still leaning toward Tate as THE #1 WR.  However, should someone pick him before #6 - the drop-off to Denzel Boston may not be as big as people think.  Keep in mind, there is no Jeremiah Smith on the Browns perimeter providing his peers with easier matchups in coverage. Hopefully, the speed of Isaiah Bond (with coached up route precision) can get Tate and others some friendly matchup dynamics.  There's other good WRs in this draft that can help the Browns. If they don't agree, they could be tempted to draft Oregon TE Kenyon Sadiq at 6'3" 245 lbs.  He ran a 4.39 so that makes him a dangerous component to opponents.  Monken enjoys using 2 TEs that can contribute well to the passing game.

    @flugel said:

    In the last 2 years, Washington's 6-4 WR Denzel Boston has 20 TD Receptions & 125 Receptions in 25 games facing the opponents #1 Corner. In comparison, Buckeyes WR Carnell Tate had 13 TD Receptions & 103 Receptions in 26 games often against opponents' #2 Corner (with Jeremiah Smith usually facing the opponent's #1 Corner).

    Volume of nationally televised games isn't just swaying Buckeyes fans; but countless draft analysts paid for their opinions.  I'll confess, I'm still leaning toward Tate as THE #1 WR.  However, should someone pick him before #6 - the drop-off to Denzel Boston may not be as big as people think.  Keep in mind, there is no Jeremiah Smith on the Browns perimeter providing his peers with easier matchups in coverage. Hopefully, the speed of Isaiah Bond (with coached up route precision) can get Tate and others some friendly matchup dynamics.  There's other good WRs in this draft that can help the Browns. If they don't agree, they could be tempted to draft Oregon TE Kenyon Sadiq at 6'3" 245 lbs.  He ran a 4.39 so that makes him a dangerous component to opponents.  Monken enjoys using 2 TEs that can contribute well to the passing game.

    My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.

    I'm kind of intrigued myself.

    But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably 

  • @flugel said:

    In the last 2 years, Washington's 6-4 WR Denzel Boston has 20 TD Receptions & 125 Receptions in 25 games facing the opponents #1 Corner. In comparison, Buckeyes WR Carnell Tate had 13 TD Receptions & 103 Receptions in 26 games often against opponents' #2 Corner (with Jeremiah Smith usually facing the opponent's #1 Corner).

    Volume of nationally televised games isn't just swaying Buckeyes fans; but countless draft analysts paid for their opinions.  I'll confess, I'm still leaning toward Tate as THE #1 WR.  However, should someone pick him before #6 - the drop-off to Denzel Boston may not be as big as people think.  Keep in mind, there is no Jeremiah Smith on the Browns perimeter providing his peers with easier matchups in coverage. Hopefully, the speed of Isaiah Bond (with coached up route precision) can get Tate and others some friendly matchup dynamics.  There's other good WRs in this draft that can help the Browns. If they don't agree, they could be tempted to draft Oregon TE Kenyon Sadiq at 6'3" 245 lbs.  He ran a 4.39 so that makes him a dangerous component to opponents.  Monken enjoys using 2 TEs that can contribute well to the passing game.

    My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.

    I'm kind of intrigued myself.

    But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably 

    @dutch-oven said:

    My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.

    I'm kind of intrigued myself.

    But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably 

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.

    I'm kind of intrigued myself.

    But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably 

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.

    @dutch-oven said:

    i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.

    I'd love to have both.  Then see if ya like a LT at 39.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.

    I'd love to have both.  Then see if ya like a LT at 39.  

    @orion said:

    I'd love to have both.  Then see if ya like a LT at 39.  

    I have my doubts about finding a LT at 39. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.

    I'm kind of intrigued myself.

    But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably 

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0.  From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices.  Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays.  Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play.  You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense. 

    The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2.  The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.  
     

    I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish. 

    I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding.  Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot.  I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.  

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate.  I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone.  That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston. 

    Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0.  From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices.  Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays.  Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play.  You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense. 

    The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2.  The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.  
     

    I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish. 

    I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding.  Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot.  I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0.  From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices.  Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays.  Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play.  You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense. 

    The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2.  The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.  
     

    I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish. 

    I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding.  Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot.  I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.  

    That couldn't have been summed up any better!  That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie.  Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage.  I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact. 

    I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!

    I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch.  As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews.  I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq.  I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.

  • Mendoza is a given.  ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games?  When he could've had Mendoza?  I forgot why we did that. )  🙂 

    I'll add to that:  Reese,  Mauigoa and Tate.   ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )  🙂  

    @orion said:

     Why did we win our final two games?  

    I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.

    Winning breeds confidence.

    Losing brings better draft position only. You still have to hit on the pick(s) obviously.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0.  From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices.  Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays.  Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play.  You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense. 

    The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2.  The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.  
     

    I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish. 

    I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding.  Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot.  I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.  

    That couldn't have been summed up any better!  That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie.  Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage.  I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact. 

    I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!

    I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch.  As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews.  I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq.  I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.

    @flugel said:

    That couldn't have been summed up any better!  That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie.  Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage.  I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact. 

    I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!

    I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch.  As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews.  I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq.  I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.

    I’ve seen a couple articles about Spring practice.  Your friend might be referring to Chris Henry Jr. son of the late Chris Henry.  Bigger target but not the physical specimen that Jeremiah Smith is or was as a freshman.  They have another slot guy true freshman from Texas that is playing well he’s an unheralded recruit.  The mantra in that WR room is those who stay will be drafted before the weekend.  Although losing four top 10 players and three of those on defense that team should better overall imo.  The schedule is brutal so they could have a couple blemishes on their record before the playoffs. 
     

    Sadiq is being compared to Vernon Davis he was the rare TE that could get behind a defense.  
     

  • @orion said:

     Why did we win our final two games?  

    I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.

    Winning breeds confidence.

    Losing brings better draft position only. You still have to hit on the pick(s) obviously.

    @bob806 said:

    I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.

    Winning breeds confidence.

    Losing brings better draft position only

    Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals.   But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.

  • @bob806 said:

    I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.

    Winning breeds confidence.

    Losing brings better draft position only

    Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals.   But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.

    @orion said:

    Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals.   But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.

    Possibly. 

    You know how this goes with the draft & QBs. He certainly has the size, but my guess is it's 50/50 he's a star in the NFL.