What Three Players…?
-
My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.
I'm kind of intrigued myself.
But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.
-
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.
i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.
I'd love to have both. Then see if ya like a LT at 39.
-
i'd much rather have Boston at 24 than Tate at 6.
I'd love to have both. Then see if ya like a LT at 39.
-
My buddy is a big fan of Sadiq and wouldn't have a problem with the Browns taking him.
I'm kind of intrigued myself.
But I'll stick with Tate and Lomu. At 39 I would go with the highest rated OLineman, WR or CB probably
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0. From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices. Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays. Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play. You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense.
The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2. The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.
I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish.
I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding. Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot. I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him. -
Yeah, notice my carefully worded 2nd paragraph with the last sentence on the 1st line continuing onto the 2nd line that I'm still leaning toward Tate. I saw him the most so he gives me that comfort zone. That said, I don't think there's as big of a drop off from him to Boston as people think given the matchup perks that Tate enjoyed in comparison to that of Boston.
Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0. From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices. Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays. Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play. You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense.
The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2. The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.
I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish.
I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding. Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot. I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0. From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices. Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays. Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play. You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense.
The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2. The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.
I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish.
I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding. Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot. I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.That couldn't have been summed up any better! That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie. Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage. I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact.
I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!
I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch. As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews. I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq. I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.
-
Mendoza is a given. ( now that it's almost draft day, Why did we win our final two games? When he could've had Mendoza? I forgot why we did that. )
I'll add to that: Reese, Mauigoa and Tate. ( I'm adding Tate to the list because I like to piss myself off )
-
Both are elite at making contested catches…which is going to be life in the NFL. Id have less of a problem saying that Tate or Boston can’t shoulder the load of being the guy the opposing team concentrates on. And Boston had 1 drop all year Tate 0. From Boston’s perspective Ohio State game was interesting…he did very little against man coverage drawing probably two second round draft choices. Washington had a freshman WR that I thought made some really nice plays. Tate is an elite route runner not sure Boston is on his level. Boston would appear to be a weapon day 1 in the redzone and take over the Njoku jump ball play. You get one of those every other game that turns getting 7 from settling for 3 that substantially impacts the offense.
The knock on Tate is that he’s a #2. The same with Egbuka last year (to the same guy too Smith) and JSN and Olave were #2s.
I’m not a huge fan of Concepcion 10.3% drop rate (7 total) probably more a guy that needs space and a play design to flourish.
I haven’t watched much of Sadiq the measurables are outstanding. Can he beat man coverage in the NFL from the slot. I’d be interested to see how big ten defenses played him.That couldn't have been summed up any better! That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie. Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage. I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact.
I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!
I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch. As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews. I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq. I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.
That couldn't have been summed up any better! That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie. Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage. I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact.
I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!
I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch. As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews. I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq. I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.
I’ve seen a couple articles about Spring practice. Your friend might be referring to Chris Henry Jr. son of the late Chris Henry. Bigger target but not the physical specimen that Jeremiah Smith is or was as a freshman. They have another slot guy true freshman from Texas that is playing well he’s an unheralded recruit. The mantra in that WR room is those who stay will be drafted before the weekend. Although losing four top 10 players and three of those on defense that team should better overall imo. The schedule is brutal so they could have a couple blemishes on their record before the playoffs.
Sadiq is being compared to Vernon Davis he was the rare TE that could get behind a defense.
-
I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.
Winning breeds confidence.
Losing brings better draft position only
Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals. But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.
-
I liked that they won, even if it was ugly.
Winning breeds confidence.
Losing brings better draft position only
Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals. But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.
Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals. But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.
Possibly.
You know how this goes with the draft & QBs. He certainly has the size, but my guess is it's 50/50 he's a star in the NFL.
-
Yes, I was rooting for us to beat our division rivals. But...Mendoza...< sigh >...that would've ended all of the questions regarding who our QB was/is...even if he didn't start day 1.
Possibly.
You know how this goes with the draft & QBs. He certainly has the size, but my guess is it's 50/50 he's a star in the NFL.
-
-
-
That couldn't have been summed up any better! That part in bold above may be a knock on Tate; but being a #2 at Ohio State is equivalent to being a #1 everywhere else (like some of the examples you alluded to). I only brought it up because where that can quietly work to his advantage is what Corner he draws from each opponent fwiw. If he comes to Cleveland - he'll often face the best corner every week as a rookie. Tate reminds me a lot of Cris Carter with how good he is at making contested catches despite great coverage. I also see some Jerry Rice with the route precision and ability to separate when he changes direction as well as the reliable hands pre or post contact.
I don't know how true this is but my neighbor heard Jeremiah Smith has told some people he thinks the incoming Freshman WR at Ohio State is better than he is. It seems a little early but if so - WOW!
I think we'll add a WR or 2 in this draft that will make our offense a lot more fun to watch. As for Sadiq, I liked the way Monken used TEs Likely and Andrews. I think he could do the same or better with Fannin and Sadiq. I'd love to see Sadiq in the slot with that speed especially if we didn't get a top WR in round 1.
I’ve seen a couple articles about Spring practice. Your friend might be referring to Chris Henry Jr. son of the late Chris Henry. Bigger target but not the physical specimen that Jeremiah Smith is or was as a freshman. They have another slot guy true freshman from Texas that is playing well he’s an unheralded recruit. The mantra in that WR room is those who stay will be drafted before the weekend. Although losing four top 10 players and three of those on defense that team should better overall imo. The schedule is brutal so they could have a couple blemishes on their record before the playoffs.
Sadiq is being compared to Vernon Davis he was the rare TE that could get behind a defense.
Sadiq is being compared to Vernon Davis he was the rare TE that could get behind a defense.
Loved me some Vern.
Sadiq concerns me in that he looks more like OJ Howard than Vern.
-
Sadiq is being compared to Vernon Davis he was the rare TE that could get behind a defense.
Loved me some Vern.
Sadiq concerns me in that he looks more like OJ Howard than Vern.
-
Linemen, linemen,WR.
Ride with Sanders and let him sink or swim.
If we had the #1 overall I would let Monken have his new QB, Mendoza. I would then hope to have a good LT option at 24.....a WR in round 2....and hopefully there will still be a Center available in round 3.
But we don't have the #1 overall. So scratch the QB and everybody else moves up one. LT @ 6. WR @ 24, Center round 2 or 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them double up on WR like they did on RB's last year. If we can pull something like this off, then by the latter half of the season we should start finding out if we have the QB of the future in house or not.
There is one other LT scenario. They don't draft one early because they have Dewand Jones coming back....so they take a project Tackle on day 3.
-
Linemen, linemen,WR.
Ride with Sanders and let him sink or swim.
If we had the #1 overall I would let Monken have his new QB, Mendoza. I would then hope to have a good LT option at 24.....a WR in round 2....and hopefully there will still be a Center available in round 3.
But we don't have the #1 overall. So scratch the QB and everybody else moves up one. LT @ 6. WR @ 24, Center round 2 or 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them double up on WR like they did on RB's last year. If we can pull something like this off, then by the latter half of the season we should start finding out if we have the QB of the future in house or not.
There is one other LT scenario. They don't draft one early because they have Dewand Jones coming back....so they take a project Tackle on day 3.
If we had the #1 overall I would let Monken have his new QB, Mendoza. I would then hope to have a good LT option at 24.....a WR in round 2....and hopefully there will still be a Center available in round 3.
But we don't have the #1 overall. So scratch the QB and everybody else moves up one. LT @ 6. WR @ 24, Center round 2 or 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them double up on WR like they did on RB's last year. If we can pull something like this off, then by the latter half of the season we should start finding out if we have the QB of the future in house or not.
There is one other LT scenario. They don't draft one early because they have Dewand Jones coming back....so they take a project Tackle on day 3.
I don't think the 1 other scenario needs to drop all the way back to day 3 (round 4-7). That said, what if RT Blake Miller (4 year starter at Clemson) is on our door-step if the Browns trade back and add a 1st round pick? There's some right & left tackles projected between rounds 1 & 3 that could out-perform Tackles drafted earlier.
How much have any of us really studied or us even watched Utah (Fano & Lomu) play 1 game in its entirety or even part of 1? Be honest... Utah sporting two 1st round OTs was part of the reason I started posting the college football TV schedules. I fell asleep before their 1st 10 pm start so I taped watched another one. I think I saw 3 full games and most of another one. Tell you right now, they didn't have a QB that stood there patting the ball in the pocket. He was very mobile and decisive, which is an OL's best friend with the stat column proudly showing 0 sacks surrendered by BOTH starting Tackles for the 2025 season. One can be Joe Thomas great at the mercy of his starting QB with 2 blind sides. At 1 point last year, we had guys saying they weren't wanting to draft a QB until the 2026 draft. Looks like the Saints found an unheralded guy so I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting one somewhere on day 3.
-
Draft him and bring Kelce to Cleveland in 27 and teach him that pivot route.
You have to have that lateral, short area quickness, even for a big man, to run that route. Either that or good strength and ability to create space. Sadiq is... Well, let's say the Oregon offense didn't use him like that, I suppose.
-
Here come the betting odds..
Who are the most likely players to be gone by the time the Cleveland Browns are on the clock at six?
There seems to be a consensus four according to the betters:
Fernando Mendoza
David Bailey
Arvell Reese
Jeremiyah Love
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login