Skip to content

“Caleb Downs No Matter What”

The Browns Board
46 14 658 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Dude, I love this draft. 

    Boston and WIlliams at WR would make my nether regions tingle. Iheanachor and Jones is nice. Caleb Downs is possibly the best football player in this draft. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yep, I’m down with Downs.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    642829876_26691662030441983_7846001620482638949_n.thumb.jpg.0d87fbcf8e2ac3ae9e451c4985ff99d0.jpg   Say it with SB !

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #5

    If we take Downs I wont be one bit disappointed..It's a smart pick all the way around...

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I’d be plenty fine with that. He would immediately create as much if not more buzz than our last highly drafted safety, Eric “entertains like Ted and hits like Ike” Turner. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I'm thinking he won't still be on the board at #6. Too bad.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

  • Dude, I love this draft. 

    Boston and WIlliams at WR would make my nether regions tingle. Iheanachor and Jones is nice. Caleb Downs is possibly the best football player in this draft. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dude, I love this draft. 

    Boston and WIlliams at WR would make my nether regions tingle. Iheanachor and Jones is nice. Caleb Downs is possibly the best football player in this draft. 

    You also like you some Will Kacmarek.  I mean it cause I seen it...  I'd be happily stunned it Jones is still around in round 4 - but I liked SD's thinking/knowledge to look to the the Center position in round 4 offering up the best deals for OL in this draft. 

  • Here is where I’m at with a week out…

    If no trade….

    1. Downs S  THEE

    1. D Boston WR UDub 

    2 Max Iheanachor T ASU

    3. Antonio Williams WR Clemson

    4. Logan Jones C Iowa

    5. Charles Demming CB Stephen F 

    5. Jimmy Rolder LB UM

    6. Will Kazmarek TE THEE

    7 Ar’Maj Reed Adams G A&M

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #10

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Here is where I’m at with a week out…

    If no trade….

    1. Downs S  THEE

    1. D Boston WR UDub 

    2 Max Iheanachor T ASU

    3. Antonio Williams WR Clemson

    4. Logan Jones C Iowa

    5. Charles Demming CB Stephen F 

    5. Jimmy Rolder LB UM

    6. Will Kazmarek TE THEE

    7 Ar’Maj Reed Adams G A&M

    Sannnnnnnnnnnn D'YAYgo!  That was Science Blinding...

    Back in the 80s, I had to tell countless knuckleheads in my dorm from Long Island, NYC and NJ in college "HE'S NOT SAYING GIANTS!" The scary/sad part of that is I think I broke more than a couple hearts doing that. I spose I wouldn't be Flugel if I didn't...

  • I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @mld-woody said:

    I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

    Maybe not an immediate need, but as I've said over and over, this team is being made for Brookpark.

    Ward will be gone by then, Myles will be nearly his mid-30s. 

    Getting a new stud on defense isn't the worst idea ever, especially if the needs don't match the worth of the 6th overall pick. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Dude, I love this draft. 

    Boston and WIlliams at WR would make my nether regions tingle. Iheanachor and Jones is nice. Caleb Downs is possibly the best football player in this draft. 

    You also like you some Will Kacmarek.  I mean it cause I seen it...  I'd be happily stunned it Jones is still around in round 4 - but I liked SD's thinking/knowledge to look to the the Center position in round 4 offering up the best deals for OL in this draft. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @flugel said:

    You also like you some Will Kacmarek.  I mean it cause I seen it...  I'd be happily stunned it Jones is still around in round 4 - but I liked SD's thinking/knowledge to look to the the Center position in round 4 offering up the best deals for OL in this draft. 

    No doubt there are at least 3 centers who will be NFL studs and none will be picked before late round 3 at best.

    As much as this draft lacks what would traditionally be called elite talent, it is deep in good talent. Good talent will be found as deep as the 5th round. We can still be picking guys who have a good shot at being solid starters deep in to the draft.

  • @flugel said:

    You also like you some Will Kacmarek.  I mean it cause I seen it...  I'd be happily stunned it Jones is still around in round 4 - but I liked SD's thinking/knowledge to look to the the Center position in round 4 offering up the best deals for OL in this draft. 

    No doubt there are at least 3 centers who will be NFL studs and none will be picked before late round 3 at best.

    As much as this draft lacks what would traditionally be called elite talent, it is deep in good talent. Good talent will be found as deep as the 5th round. We can still be picking guys who have a good shot at being solid starters deep in to the draft.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #13

    @ballpeen said:

    No doubt there are at least 3 centers who will be NFL studs and none will be picked before late round 3 at best.

    As much as this draft lacks what would traditionally be called elite talent, it is deep in good talent. Good talent will be found as deep as the 5th round. We can still be picking guys who have a good shot at being solid starters deep in to the draft.

    Agreed!   My guess is there will be a run on Centers beginning in the 3rd round and continuing on into the 4th round with Logan Jones being 1 of the first 3 drafted. I'd love to see it delayed a little further. If not, it could push some back some Guards I like.  I'd love to see us land Ga Tech's Keylan Rutledge or Miami's Anez Cooper or Texas' DJ Campbell or Arkansas' Fernando Carmona or some of the OTackles getting Joel Bitonio'd into bright futures as OGs...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #14

    I will be delighted if they pick Downs at six. Left tackle...

    what if Freeling would last that long, to the 24 pick eh?

    But I also want Olaivavega Ioane hugely, OG, at 24.

    I still think the Giants take Tate at 5.

    as to wr....without Tate at six, I don't know.

  • Here is where I’m at with a week out…

    If no trade….

    1. Downs S  THEE

    1. D Boston WR UDub 

    2 Max Iheanachor T ASU

    3. Antonio Williams WR Clemson

    4. Logan Jones C Iowa

    5. Charles Demming CB Stephen F 

    5. Jimmy Rolder LB UM

    6. Will Kazmarek TE THEE

    7 Ar’Maj Reed Adams G A&M

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Here is where I’m at with a week out…

    So we're gonna take a Safety in round 1 and a LT in round 2.   You've gotta be Polish!   🙂  

    I'm hoping that my 12 & 10 yr old grandsons will not be at their father's house for, at least, Friday night so that I can watch some of the draft with the little Patriots & Jaguar fans.  

  • I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

    Tate is a rock solid possession receiver. He has a chance to carve out a helluva NFL career with that skill set. I don’t see him as the guy who is going to mow down defenders on the way to the end zone like a Megatron or a methed out Josh Gordon. 

    I’m down with Downs.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Here is where I’m at with a week out…

    If no trade….

    1. Downs S  THEE

    1. D Boston WR UDub 

    2 Max Iheanachor T ASU

    3. Antonio Williams WR Clemson

    4. Logan Jones C Iowa

    5. Charles Demming CB Stephen F 

    5. Jimmy Rolder LB UM

    6. Will Kazmarek TE THEE

    7 Ar’Maj Reed Adams G A&M

    Sannnnnnnnnnnn D'YAYgo!  That was Science Blinding...

    Back in the 80s, I had to tell countless knuckleheads in my dorm from Long Island, NYC and NJ in college "HE'S NOT SAYING GIANTS!" The scary/sad part of that is I think I broke more than a couple hearts doing that. I spose I wouldn't be Flugel if I didn't...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @flugel said:

    "SHE'S SAYING IT'S NOT GIANT!" The scary/sad part of that is I think I broke more than a couple hearts doing that. I spose I wouldn't be Flugel if I didn't...

    FIFY- And I can see why.?

  • @mld-woody said:

    I was about to make a thread on this...

    I would take Downs over Carnell Tate. I say this as someone that despises OSU. I think Downs is an elite defensive talent. I recognize he isn't an immediate need, but there's a ton of defensive scheming potential there. Tate, while a position of need, never really impressed me. 

    Downs leaped off the screen

    Tate never really seemed to

    Tate is a rock solid possession receiver. He has a chance to carve out a helluva NFL career with that skill set. I don’t see him as the guy who is going to mow down defenders on the way to the end zone like a Megatron or a methed out Josh Gordon. 

    I’m down with Downs.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #18

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Tate is a rock solid possession receiver. He has a chance to carve out a helluva NFL career with that skill set. I don’t see him as the guy who is going to mow down defenders on the way to the end zone like a Megatron or a methed out Josh Gordon. 

    I’m down with Downs.

    I didn’t pick him…but I think he is much more than just a possession WR.  Specifically with his Route Running and Contested Catch ability because of these two qualities  I see a guy that can get open downfield and make plays overtop the coverage.  
     

    As we get closer I’m having a harder time passing him up.  
     

    4.53 speed will play differently when you add the route running ability and contested catch ability.  RAS score or not the guy has great ability at the WR position 

    I have a couple friends talking about “he just has one good season of elite play” go back and watch OSU Northwestern at Wrigley in 2024…when the playcaller and QB wanted to call his name he delivered 

  • I'm thinking he won't still be on the board at #6. Too bad.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm thinking he won't still be on the board at #6. Too bad.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if he is available at #6.

    Historically, safeties aren’t taken that high in the draft.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm thinking he won't still be on the board at #6. Too bad.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if he is available at #6.

    Historically, safeties aren’t taken that high in the draft.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @canton-dawg said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if he is available at #6.

    Historically, safeties aren’t taken that high in the draft.

    you have Styles Reese and Tate possible going ahead of him, and that POS day couldnt even sniff a natty with those guys on the roster

  • @flugel said:

    "SHE'S SAYING IT'S NOT GIANT!" The scary/sad part of that is I think I broke more than a couple hearts doing that. I spose I wouldn't be Flugel if I didn't...

    FIFY- And I can see why.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    After Viagra stopped working Dr Sequoia put me on mycoxaflappin; and now I'm playing naked Twister with all my Exes in Texas.?

    FIFY - no more 4th and inches for the 12th man at least for now anyway...