“Caleb Downs No Matter What”
-
you have Styles Reese and Tate possible going ahead of him, and that POS day couldnt even sniff a natty with those guys on the roster
But he did…14 months ago. My fantasy world is one natty per 4/5 years and be in the hunt every year. Don’t be part of the lunatic fringe.
They lost to a team that had the right gameplan and executed perfectly on offense. On the flipside we had a game plan that didn’t exploit DEs rushing wildly upfield (screens and draws) and a young QB when he had time just didn’t see the field well that day. Don’t bother doing this but there are a couple people that have broken down the game and there are a handful of busted coverages (early in the play) that we missed.
But he did…14 months ago. My fantasy world is one natty per 4/5 years and be in the hunt every year. Don’t be part of the lunatic fringe.
Nope Sorry , Chipper was not calling all the plays but he did put together game plans(we won), and Hartline was calling plays before he decided he was going to leave and then day took over and we lost our last two games, no way ill be a day fan unless he go's 15-0 next year, and i still wont like him
-
I wouldn’t be surprised if he is available at #6.
Historically, safeties aren’t taken that high in the draft.
you have Styles Reese and Tate possible going ahead of him, and that POS day couldnt even sniff a natty with those guys on the roster
-
We could see four Buckeyes in the top 10.
That’s how mediocre Ohio State’s OLine looked vs Indiana and Miami.
Speaking of Miami - they had a very good OL to the left of Francis Mauigoa imo. I have a feeling that Markel Bell is getting drafted on day 2; and quite possibly as high as round 2. I wouldn't feel bad if the Browns drafted any of the big fellers listed in the cut and pastes below. Anez Cooper looked like a castle wearing a 73 jersey in the CFP.
-
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
-
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
In my mind Downs is the best player in this draft.. If he's at 6.. You take him and don't even sweat it... Thats where I am right now... we'll have answers in about 48 hours...
-
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
There's a decent amount of tackles and wide receivers I really like at 24.
Really don't love anyone from either position at 6.
Can't go wrong taking such a talented player like Downs (or Sonny Styles) at 6.
-
Watching the potential investment:day 1 ability of the WR & OT class. I'm starting to float towards this Caleb Downs group a bit.
There's a decent amount of tackles and wide receivers I really like at 24.
Really don't love anyone from either position at 6.
Can't go wrong taking such a talented player like Downs (or Sonny Styles) at 6.
There's a decent amount of tackles and wide receivers I really like at 24.
Really don't love anyone from either position at 6.
Can't go wrong taking such a talented player like Downs (or Sonny Styles) at 6.
There is one WR I like at 24 Boston. He may go to the Eagles now at 23 when they deal AJ Brown. You don’t just deal Brown without a backup plan. In that case a tackle is in play at 24. I would much rather satisfy a need at 24 than at need a 6.
I can name a small handful of WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round and I wouldn’t even mind a double down of WRs in the 2nd and 3rd.
A tackle and two WRs builds the team up around a QB in 2027.
Downs is the type of surprise move the Browns would make at 6. Did we hear a lot about Mason Graham last year? Granted I’m trying to will this into play.
-
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
-
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
-
After Viagra stopped working Dr Sequoia put me on mycoxaflappin; and now I'm playing naked Twister with all my Exes in Texas.?
FIFY - no more 4th and inches for the 12th man at least for now anyway...
-
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
Well yeah. You said that so well I won't even charge you for reading my mind when you had no intention of doing so. For shits and giggles - who gave up more sacks last season inclusive of the CFP - Kadyn Proctor or Markel Bell? HINT: Proctor gave up more sacks in the opener against a disappointing Florida State team than Miami's Markel Bell gave up all regular/post season. There's a very dis-illusioned consensus out there about where these guys should be going being fed by guys getting paid to share them on TV/Radio stations posting all their most recent versions of mock drafts. TEAMS probably can't wait to see the Browns thinking they're getting over on the rest of the league if the Browns take Proctor without remembering just how easily this his weight bordered 400 lbs as recently as last August...
Some one in this draft is going to have a very good LT fall to them in round 2 or the back end of round 1. Book it!
-
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
We'll find out who the top 3 LT's are in about 12 or so hours when they come off the board.
-
The teams that would like to come up to our spot for one of the defensive players already have decent offenses. We don't. But we DO have a real good D. But then, that's WHY we're drafting so high and they're not...our offense sucks. But let's not draft the best WR or OT in the draft. Let's add another layer of gold to our D. Because we'll get 'lucky' with one of the lesser offensive guys later in the draft. ( I know, I'm an a-hole. But ya didn't have to put up with me for the last few days )
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
Freeling has one season's worth of college starts, Lomu left after his redshirt sophomore season, and Proctor appears to be the worst combination of Jed Wills and Dawand Jones. There's a good chance Freeling and Lomu sit a good portion of their rookie seasons or struggle making the transition to the NFL if they do play right away.
Carnell Tate, while talented, is probably about the 5th best WR to come out of Ohio State in the last decade. He might be the safest pick out of everyone I'm listing, but he won't be coming to Cleveland with Jeremiah Smith commanding a ton of attention on the other side of the field. Jordyn Tyson is probably the most talented WR in this class, but for every two college games he played, he missed another game. I like Makai Lemon, but at 6?
In three years, if the Browns take one of those six and they are flawed, somewhat average NFL starters and Caleb Downs or Sonny Styles are bonafide Pro Bowlers, on a defense that doesn't have Denzel Ward anymore and a 33 year old Myles Garrett (if they haven't traded him by then) would you be upset they took either Ohio State defensive stud?
I won't. Trust me, I've been banging the OTackle/WR drum as loudly as anyone, but forcing a need over taking the obviously superior player doesn't help a team get better. At 6, this is an extremely disappointing draft for a team with our needs. I'd much rather use the #24 or 39 pick on another development Left Tackle in Max Iheanachor, than a 6 on developmental Left Tackles Freeling or Lomu.
And I'd much rather use the #24 pick on Denzel Boston than the #6 pick on Carnell Tate, and it's not even close.
well done sir, well done
-
The top three Left Tackles are Monroe Freeling, Caleb Lomu and Kaden Proctor
We'll find out who the top 3 LT's are in about 12 or so hours when they come off the board.
-
Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, Toledo (8.0)
-
I just think I wouldn't have Proctor on my list. in the past, there have been write-ups about him not having "football character".
whatever that means, seems to me he will play inside in the pros.
-
Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, Toledo (8.0)
Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, Toledo (8.0)
i would draft this dude at 24 (dont think he will last till 39) and sonny styles at 6 and then watch the heads explode
-
Emmanuel McNeil-Warren, Toledo (8.0)
i would draft this dude at 24 (dont think he will last till 39) and sonny styles at 6 and then watch the heads explode
-
I think he could definitely be in play for the Browns.
Aren't Delpit and Harrison both on their last years of their contracts?
OMG I Dunno, But could you imagine ? OUR D would be unstoppable and we would be ok just scoring 15 points a game
-
I think he could definitely be in play for the Browns.
Aren't Delpit and Harrison both on their last years of their contracts?
OMG I Dunno, But could you imagine ? OUR D would be unstoppable and we would be ok just scoring 15 points a game
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login