Skip to content

Your Grade or Thoughts on our '26 Draft

The Browns Board
79 19 1.8k 1
  • I read this morning that Jeudy may be traded away this summer for a mid-range 2027 pick. Creates more cap space and rids us of a guy with questionable motivation & hands from what I saw last year. Anyone find the stats on drops for him? Seemed like around 9 or 10 to me. 

    EDIT: I found it. It was a league high with 13 in 17 games for 2025. That's unacceptable. And some here thought Concepcions 7 in 13 games was too much. And for me the difference was seeing how many Jeudy dropped that were easy two hands on it outright muffs. Several of Concepcions were difficult attempts, not easy peasy drops.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I read this morning that Jeudy may be traded away this summer for a mid-range 2027 pick. Creates more cap space and rids us of a guy with questionable motivation & hands from what I saw last year. Anyone find the stats on drops for him? Seemed like around 9 or 10 to me.

    There's still rumors around here that the Browns might still trade Myles after June 1st, too. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I read this morning that Jeudy may be traded away this summer for a mid-range 2027 pick. Creates more cap space and rids us of a guy with questionable motivation & hands from what I saw last year. Anyone find the stats on drops for him? Seemed like around 9 or 10 to me.

    There's still rumors around here that the Browns might still trade Myles after June 1st, too. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's still rumors around here that the Browns might still trade Myles after June 1st, too. 

    See my edit that added Jeudy's 13 2025 drops to the post. Unreal.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There's still rumors around here that the Browns might still trade Myles after June 1st, too. 

    See my edit that added Jeudy's 13 2025 drops to the post. Unreal.

    @texasag1969 said:

    See my edit that added Jeudy's 13 2025 drops to the post. Unreal.

    He was not good last season. 

    Hopefully we see 2024 Jeudy if he's still around. 

    I'd prefer a veteran WR in the group. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    See my edit that added Jeudy's 13 2025 drops to the post. Unreal.

    He was not good last season. 

    Hopefully we see 2024 Jeudy if he's still around. 

    I'd prefer a veteran WR in the group. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He was not good last season. 

    Hopefully we see 2024 Jeudy if he's still around. 

    I'd prefer a veteran WR in the group. 

    With twice the receiving yards (1229 vs 602) of 2025 and less drops while catching 40 more passes than 2025. I would agree with that.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I also would not be surprised at all if Haslam is pulling the lever to make Watson work and not go down as the owner who made the worst trade and contract in NFL history.

    Apparently you aren't aware of the fact that during an interview a few months ago he told the sports world that the Watson thing was a 'Swing and a miss'.  He's already owned the situation.  Having Watson named the starter and fail would only make him and the Browns look like dingbats that are incapable of learning.  I'm sure that Haslem would like nothing more than to have space aliens come down, snatch up Watson, and take off to another galaxy.  But, he's got a new coach that just might choose him as the starter.  And he has to let that happen, if that's the way things go.

    @orion said:

    Apparently you aren't aware of the fact that during an interview a few months ago he told the sports world that the Watson thing was a 'Swing and a miss'.  He's already owned the situation.  Having Watson named the starter and fail would only make him and the Browns look like dingbats that are incapable of learning.  I'm sure that Haslem would like nothing more than to have space aliens come down, snatch up Watson, and take off to another galaxy.  But, he's got a new coach that just might choose him as the starter.  And he has to let that happen, if that's the way things go.

    I am aware, yes. But Haslam strikes me as the kind of dude who could be sweet talked into something like this scenario "The reason Watson sucked is because of prior coaching and scheme. We got the right guys now to make it work". 

    To the bolded point, Haslam and crew have already sunk to as low as possible in the whole Watson situation. If he goes out and sucks it really doesn't get much lower than what the other owners, fans, etc think. But, if on the 5% chance he does look good Haslam can say I told you so and not go down in the record books as making the stupidest trade in NFL history.

    Again, I have no fucking clue what they are thinking. But giving the way the man has operated, I really don't see that as a wild thought process.

  • Remember that Browns coach that was down on the field at the Combine?   Remember how he had Fano doing some snapping of the ball.  He knew they were taking Fano back then.  He wanted to see Fano do everything.  🙂 

  • Remember that Browns coach that was down on the field at the Combine?   Remember how he had Fano doing some snapping of the ball.  He knew they were taking Fano back then.  He wanted to see Fano do everything.  🙂 

    @orion said:

    Remember that Browns coach that was down on the field at the Combine?   Remember how he had Fano doing some snapping of the ball.  He knew they were taking Fano back then.  He wanted to see Fano do everything.  🙂 

    The story I heard was that Fano wasn't asked to practice at center, but that the offer was presented to all the available OLinemen to show they can snap and Fano volunteered... Can't remember where I heard/saw this. 

  • @orion said:

    Remember that Browns coach that was down on the field at the Combine?   Remember how he had Fano doing some snapping of the ball.  He knew they were taking Fano back then.  He wanted to see Fano do everything.  🙂 

    The story I heard was that Fano wasn't asked to practice at center, but that the offer was presented to all the available OLinemen to show they can snap and Fano volunteered... Can't remember where I heard/saw this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Can't remember where I heard/saw this. 

    So much for my theory. 🙂   It's amazing though how much buzz his few snaps created.  I still think they knew back then that they would take Fano.  But I'm sure the Combine results had them pull out the Freeling folder for another look-see.  

    We need two of the OLinemen & the two WR's that we drafted to step right in and play like veterans.  No excuses for the QB position this year.  

  • @orion said:

    Apparently you aren't aware of the fact that during an interview a few months ago he told the sports world that the Watson thing was a 'Swing and a miss'.  He's already owned the situation.  Having Watson named the starter and fail would only make him and the Browns look like dingbats that are incapable of learning.  I'm sure that Haslem would like nothing more than to have space aliens come down, snatch up Watson, and take off to another galaxy.  But, he's got a new coach that just might choose him as the starter.  And he has to let that happen, if that's the way things go.

    I am aware, yes. But Haslam strikes me as the kind of dude who could be sweet talked into something like this scenario "The reason Watson sucked is because of prior coaching and scheme. We got the right guys now to make it work". 

    To the bolded point, Haslam and crew have already sunk to as low as possible in the whole Watson situation. If he goes out and sucks it really doesn't get much lower than what the other owners, fans, etc think. But, if on the 5% chance he does look good Haslam can say I told you so and not go down in the record books as making the stupidest trade in NFL history.

    Again, I have no fucking clue what they are thinking. But giving the way the man has operated, I really don't see that as a wild thought process.

    @jrb12711 said:

     But, if on the 5% chance he does look good Haslam can say I told you so and not go down in the record books as making the stupidest trade in NFL history.

    Nah, the entire draft year for run Ricky run smoke it - toke it if ya got it was still the all time worst.

  • @jrb12711 said:

     But, if on the 5% chance he does look good Haslam can say I told you so and not go down in the record books as making the stupidest trade in NFL history.

    Nah, the entire draft year for run Ricky run smoke it - toke it if ya got it was still the all time worst.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nah, the entire draft year for run Ricky run smoke it - toke it if ya got it was still the all time worst.

    given all the draft picks for that asinine trade, and all the money etc by the Browns - I think it's more of a tie.

  • I agree. Just seems like a brilliant Browns draft.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/2018426459029038

  • The #Browns have signed S Emmanuel McNeil-Warren to his rookie contract. KC Concepcion is the team's only remaining draft pick left to sign his rookie deal.

  • At least KC was there with everyone else for the rookie camp.  C'mon KC.  Sign the papers....

  • At least according to the info I just pulled up the two players selected directly in front of him and all the players behind him haven't signed.

    I know it is a slotted system, but all it takes is for one team to go above the slotting and everyone else is going to seek the same.  No agent is going to tell his guy to sign then the players around him start making higher money.

    It will all bust open soon enough.

  • At least according to the info I just pulled up the two players selected directly in front of him and all the players behind him haven't signed.

    I know it is a slotted system, but all it takes is for one team to go above the slotting and everyone else is going to seek the same.  No agent is going to tell his guy to sign then the players around him start making higher money.

    It will all bust open soon enough.

    @ballpeen said:

    It will all bust open soon enough.

    cant say I really like your choice of words 

  • sydS syd

    @ballpeen said:

    It will all bust open soon enough.

    cant say I really like your choice of words 

    @syd said:

    cant say I really like your choice of words 

    Yeah.. Think of that annoying pustule of your nose...

  • @syd said:

    cant say I really like your choice of words 

    Yeah.. Think of that annoying pustule of your nose...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah.. Think of that annoying pustule of your nose...

    you mean like what ever that is sitting on your shoulders