Today, at our bird feeder
-
Saw this bird, I thought it was a kind of parrot - we wondered if someone's bird got loose.
But no, it's this one:
They are migratory, sing beautifully, and winter over in Central America.
They do breed and live in N. Ohio. Never heard of it before - Rose-breasted Grosbeak !
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id
-
Saw this bird, I thought it was a kind of parrot - we wondered if someone's bird got loose.
But no, it's this one:
They are migratory, sing beautifully, and winter over in Central America.
They do breed and live in N. Ohio. Never heard of it before - Rose-breasted Grosbeak !
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id
Saw this bird, I thought it was a kind of parrot - we wondered if someone's bird got loose.
But no, it's this one:

They are migratory, sing beautifully, and winter over in Central America.
They do breed and live in N. Ohio. Never heard of it before - Rose-breasted Grosbeak !
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id
Pretty sure I saw one of those early this morning on my brother's bird feeder in Estes Park. Others I've seen this visit include magpies and on a walk this morning several bluebirds, lots of rabbits and the requisite Elk and deer. Haven't seen coyotes this visit yet, but sure at some point I will. Been taking the lower walks the first two days before heading into the higher ones next Monday with my grandson (who can swim for two hours at a time across a lake near our home in Texas). Stamina is not a problem for him, but I need the lower hikes to build up my lung intake for higher hikes. Going across the divide tomorrow and will likely see moose along the way. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep if we get real lucky.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login