Skip to content

Schedule

The Browns Board
33 12 684
  • 10-6-1?

    20260514_203435.jpg

    @bob806 said:

    10-6-1?

    20260514_203435.jpg

    I got us at 11 wins, but i may use a different kind of math

  • Man, nice stretch for the players of 5 weeks of being in Cleveland including the bye. I don't know if I've ever seen that level of home games- doubt it'll matter by that point in the season but we shall see. There's game to win on that schedule for sure though.

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    Ya know what your problem is?  You give a shit about the players' and fans' wellbeing.  You can't have a job at NFL headquarters until you get your mind right.  

  • Man, nice stretch for the players of 5 weeks of being in Cleveland including the bye. I don't know if I've ever seen that level of home games- doubt it'll matter by that point in the season but we shall see. There's game to win on that schedule for sure though.

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Man, nice stretch for the players of 5 weeks of being in Cleveland including the bye. I don't know if I've ever seen that level of home games- doubt it'll matter by that point in the season but we shall see. There's game to win on that schedule for sure though.

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Man, nice stretch for the players of 5 weeks of being in Cleveland including the bye. I don't know if I've ever seen that level of home games- doubt it'll matter by that point in the season but we shall see. There's game to win on that schedule for sure though.

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    Shit man, I went to the Dolphins/Browns game in mid October a few years ago and was ready to leave at halftime. and you get used to the heat- September is an absolute no-go.

    If you don't know, the Dolphins stadium intentionally is built to blast the sun in the away area. You want to sit near the Browns you're in an oven.

  • the way i look it at ? Florida is a shit hole anyway, so why bother to travel for the game when you can just kick it on your favorite chair in the comfort of your own home

  • Easily the strangest Browns schedule I’ve ever seen and arguably the strangest NFL schedule ever put together.

    -Two Florida trips back to back during hurricane season at the very least heavy rain. 

    - Four straight home games middle of the season. Has this happened before?  they will be in Cleveland middle of the season for six weeks.  
     

    - No divisional game the first three weeks - hoped we could break in the offensive line before we play Pittsburgh and Baltimore (thank you)

    - actually a season where we don’t have on paper a “tough” schedule. 
     

    -button up last half of the season chance that all games are under at least under 45 degrees 

    -two road games in NY at MetLife.
     

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Man, nice stretch for the players of 5 weeks of being in Cleveland including the bye. I don't know if I've ever seen that level of home games- doubt it'll matter by that point in the season but we shall see. There's game to win on that schedule for sure though.

    Was hoping to go to either the Jacksonville or Tampa games but that's such a brutal time of year down here to be outside for several hours. Not to mention those two weeks are the peak of hurricane season. You'd sort of think the opposite- play up north in the early months but what do I know.

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    The new dome appears like it's going to have a glass-like roof.  I wonder how they counter the 'ant under a magnifying glass' affect...   

    I tee of at 7:28 am tomorrow (Sunday).  By the time we're putting out on 18 it's supposed to be 80 degrees.  Ugh, it's starting already.  We get such a short spring.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    The new dome appears like it's going to have a glass-like roof.  I wonder how they counter the 'ant under a magnifying glass' affect...   

    I tee of at 7:28 am tomorrow (Sunday).  By the time we're putting out on 18 it's supposed to be 80 degrees.  Ugh, it's starting already.  We get such a short spring.  

    @orion said:

      I tee of at 7:28 am tomorrow (Sunday).  By the time we're putting out on 18 it's supposed to be 80 degrees.  Ugh, it's starting already.  We get such a short spring.  

    80F? Damn man, wear a sweater!??️

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t like going to September games in Cleveland because of the potential heat… I can’t imagine what they could be like in Florida.

    Shit man, I went to the Dolphins/Browns game in mid October a few years ago and was ready to leave at halftime. and you get used to the heat- September is an absolute no-go.

    If you don't know, the Dolphins stadium intentionally is built to blast the sun in the away area. You want to sit near the Browns you're in an oven.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Shit man, I went to the Dolphins/Browns game in mid October a few years ago and was ready to leave at halftime. and you get used to the heat- September is an absolute no-go.

    If you don't know, the Dolphins stadium intentionally is built to blast the sun in the away area. You want to sit near the Browns you're in an oven.

    Most stadiums in Florida are built to provide a shade side to the stadium. I will say a 1PM start doesn't give much advantage to either side. Shade doesn't begin to show much advantage until late in a 1PM game.

    Our own stadium has a sun side, the north side to the stadium.  It's a bit of a disadvantage early in the season, but later in the season we get the sun(if any) at the time you year you want all the sun you can get.

    Home teams are always going to take the side of the field that provides any edge they can get.

    On that note, that is why my season tickets are on the north side of the stadium for the reason mentioned.  I was glad to see our 1st home game isn't until week three. You can bake during those first few weeks.  I have always found myself hoping for a cloudy and or rainy day for the opener. By week 3 the weather has usually shifted enough to at least provide a cooling breeze.

  • @orion said:

      I tee of at 7:28 am tomorrow (Sunday).  By the time we're putting out on 18 it's supposed to be 80 degrees.  Ugh, it's starting already.  We get such a short spring.  

    80F? Damn man, wear a sweater!??️

    @texasag1969 said:

    80F? Damn man, wear a sweater!??️

    I hear you.  I live a few miles from the Georgia border.  It gets plenty hot here in Chattanooga. We are ringed by mountain ridges,  we get very little air movement to boot. I have often said the weather forecasters have an easy job the next 4 months.  Just post the same forecast...high in the low to mid 90's with a chance of afternoon thundershowers.  Thundershowers sound cooling, but end up spiking up the already high humidity once they pass.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    80F? Damn man, wear a sweater!??️

    I hear you.  I live a few miles from the Georgia border.  It gets plenty hot here in Chattanooga. We are ringed by mountain ridges,  we get very little air movement to boot. I have often said the weather forecasters have an easy job the next 4 months.  Just post the same forecast...high in the low to mid 90's with a chance of afternoon thundershowers.  Thundershowers sound cooling, but end up spiking up the already high humidity once they pass.

    @ballpeen said:

    I hear you.  I live a few miles from the Georgia border.  It gets plenty hot here in Chattanooga. We are ringed by mountain ridges,  we get very little air movement to boot. I have often said the weather forecasters have an easy job the next 4 months.  Just post the same forecast...high in the low to mid 90's with a chance of afternoon thundershowers.  Thundershowers sound cooling, but end up spiking up the already high humidity once they pass.

    this time of year, 70's some clouds it might rain some but overall its great bar b cueing weather

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Shit man, I went to the Dolphins/Browns game in mid October a few years ago and was ready to leave at halftime. and you get used to the heat- September is an absolute no-go.

    If you don't know, the Dolphins stadium intentionally is built to blast the sun in the away area. You want to sit near the Browns you're in an oven.

    Most stadiums in Florida are built to provide a shade side to the stadium. I will say a 1PM start doesn't give much advantage to either side. Shade doesn't begin to show much advantage until late in a 1PM game.

    Our own stadium has a sun side, the north side to the stadium.  It's a bit of a disadvantage early in the season, but later in the season we get the sun(if any) at the time you year you want all the sun you can get.

    Home teams are always going to take the side of the field that provides any edge they can get.

    On that note, that is why my season tickets are on the north side of the stadium for the reason mentioned.  I was glad to see our 1st home game isn't until week three. You can bake during those first few weeks.  I have always found myself hoping for a cloudy and or rainy day for the opener. By week 3 the weather has usually shifted enough to at least provide a cooling breeze.

    @ballpeen said:

    Most stadiums in Florida are built to provide a shade side to the stadium. I will say a 1PM start doesn't give much advantage to either side. Shade doesn't begin to show much advantage until late in a 1PM game.

    Our own stadium has a sun side, the north side to the stadium.  It's a bit of a disadvantage early in the season, but later in the season we get the sun(if any) at the time you year you want all the sun you can get.

    Home teams are always going to take the side of the field that provides any edge they can get.

    On that note, that is why my season tickets are on the north side of the stadium for the reason mentioned.  I was glad to see our 1st home game isn't until week three. You can bake during those first few weeks.  I have always found myself hoping for a cloudy and or rainy day for the opener. By week 3 the weather has usually shifted enough to at least provide a cooling breeze.

    Sure, but Hard Rock stadium notoriously went to the extreme in this regard. Respectfully, having been on the wrong side for 1 PM at that stadium a few times there's a marked difference even at kickoff. For example, 4 years ago at kickoff there was a 30 degree difference for a 1 PM game at the start of the 2nd quarter: https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/miami-dolphins-stadium-heat-minnesota-vikings. Mind you this was a game in mid October as well- wild.

    Here's more about it: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/10/17/23408608/dolphins-shaded-sideline-temperature-reading-vikings-stadium

    In any case though, I ain't sitting in that nonsense as compared to enjoying the game on TV anymore. It's just not worth to feel like I'm having a heat stroke sitting for more than 5 minutes. My entire extended family are Dolphins fans so we usually end up at a game, but not until snowbird season.

  • No chiefs, rams, chargers, patriots, packers, lions, bills, broncos, niners or eagles? Is it me or does that look like a favourable schedule?

    12-5 no problem ?

  • 5 out of the bottom 7 teams (excluding browns) from last season, and 2 out of the top 10 from last year.

    That looks an easy schedule....how on earth will we fuck this up? ?

  • 5 out of the bottom 7 teams (excluding browns) from last season, and 2 out of the top 10 from last year.

    That looks an easy schedule....how on earth will we fuck this up? ?

    @claretbrown said:

    5 out of the bottom 7 teams (excluding browns) from last season, and 2 out of the top 10 from last year.

    That looks an easy schedule....how on earth will we fuck this up? ?

    I believe that maybe Concepción will be our Josh Cribbs and get us great field position so D.A didnt really have to work that hard, and so we won  YEA , Remember the next year ? we had all those primetime games VS good teams, Oh did we fucking suck, Urgh, so thats what i can see happening. so in 2019's draft we will be looking for a qb all over again

  • sydS syd

    @claretbrown said:

    5 out of the bottom 7 teams (excluding browns) from last season, and 2 out of the top 10 from last year.

    That looks an easy schedule....how on earth will we fuck this up? ?

    I believe that maybe Concepción will be our Josh Cribbs and get us great field position so D.A didnt really have to work that hard, and so we won  YEA , Remember the next year ? we had all those primetime games VS good teams, Oh did we fucking suck, Urgh, so thats what i can see happening. so in 2019's draft we will be looking for a qb all over again

    @syd said:

    . so in 2019's draft we will be looking for a qb all over again

    So it's deja vu all over again?

  • @syd said:

    . so in 2019's draft we will be looking for a qb all over again

    So it's deja vu all over again?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So it's deja vu all over again?

    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So it's deja vu all over again?

    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

    @orion said:

    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

    The problem is the Browns always get forked one way or another no matter which way they turn.

  • @syd said:

    . so in 2019's draft we will be looking for a qb all over again

    So it's deja vu all over again?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So it's deja vu all over again?

    yes, we are fucked 

  • WEEK 1 · TBD

    AT

    Chicago Bears

    Chicago Bears

    WEWS News 5
    ESPN 850 • 92.3 THE FAN • 98.5 WNCX
    Soldier Field

    WEEK 2 · Sat 08/22 · 1:00 PM EDT

    VS

    Buffalo Bills

    Buffalo Bills

    WEWS News 5
    ESPN 850 • 92.3 THE FAN • 98.5 WNCX
    Huntington Bank Field

    WEEK 3 · Thu 08/27 · 8:00 PM EDT

    VS

    New England Patriots

    New England Patriots

    Prime Video
    ESPN 850 • 92.3 THE FAN • 98.5 WNCX
    Huntington Bank Field