Skip to content

Myles Garret traded to LA Rams

The Browns Board
116 33 2.0k 1
  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Wow, end of an era but this may be our Hirschel Walker trade that turns the franchise around.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Good for Myles & the Brownies.

    The pass rush won't be the same, because Myles is Myles.  But it won't fall off a complete fucking cliff either.   The IDL just needs to step up.     The Browns are hording draft capital for 2027 and we'll see what we get with the QB situation along the way.

     Myles... it has been a pleasure. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Final components 2nd in 2028 and a 3rd in 2029.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    IMG_2900.jpeg

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @londonbrown said:

    IMG_2900.jpeg

    What a terrible trade. This trade in my opinion does little to help you acquire a QB in the next draft. I would like to know why they felt they must trade him now after just resigning him.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I would have liked a 1st round in 28 or 29. 

    I could see the Rams being average in those years.

  • @londonbrown said:

    IMG_2900.jpeg

    What a terrible trade. This trade in my opinion does little to help you acquire a QB in the next draft. I would like to know why they felt they must trade him now after just resigning him.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @runyon27 said:

    What a terrible trade. This trade in my opinion does little to help you acquire a QB in the next draft. I would like to know why they felt they must trade him now after just resigning him.


    we need to hope that the Jets, Cardinals, Dolphins and maybe a few others don’t land the top pick.  
     

    Let’s say it’s the Raiders…it is the Jets and Browns maneuvering and trading up picking their guy assuming one is better than the rest.  
     

    This trade doesn’t guarantee us much in regard to the QB spot 

  • Captain TripsC Captain Trips wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Berry got fleeced imo.

    Generational player nets you one first rounder, a player, and a couple extra picks? I get that Verse is pretty good but I expected more.

  • Berry got fleeced imo.

    Generational player nets you one first rounder, a player, and a couple extra picks? I get that Verse is pretty good but I expected more.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gator said:

    Berry got fleeced imo.

    Generational player nets you one first rounder, a player, and a couple extra picks? I get that Verse is pretty good but I expected more.

    Time will tell.

    @mddawg said:

    Wow, end of an era but this may be our Hirschel Walker trade that turns the franchise around.

    Good way to look at it. The Browns are way overdue for some good fortune.

  • Berry got fleeced imo.

    Generational player nets you one first rounder, a player, and a couple extra picks? I get that Verse is pretty good but I expected more.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @gator said:

    Berry got fleeced imo.

    Generational player nets you one first rounder, a player, and a couple extra picks? I get that Verse is pretty good but I expected more.

    If the bid was two 1st round picks, then Verse is that 2nd first rounder.     So think of it like that.  The Brownies really did get 2 first round picks on top of the 2nd & 3rd.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Verse appears to be very good against the run.  Little bit raw on the pass rush side.  
     

    We will need to scheme up pressure a bit more.  

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
    #22

    I’m shocked.

    Jared Verse has expressed visible displeasure regarding the blockbuster trade that sent him from the Los Angeles Rams to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Myles Garrett. 


    Myles

    IMG_0945.gif.16185775537d254f8e8ce2e7b05d6762.gif

    Jared


    IMG_0648.gif.cb3990d22f93b1703188f7928e7b37bd.gif

  • I’m shocked.

    Jared Verse has expressed visible displeasure regarding the blockbuster trade that sent him from the Los Angeles Rams to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Myles Garrett. 


    Myles

    IMG_0945.gif.16185775537d254f8e8ce2e7b05d6762.gif

    Jared


    IMG_0648.gif.cb3990d22f93b1703188f7928e7b37bd.gif

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @fy56 said:

    I’m shocked.

    Jared Verse has expressed visible displeasure regarding the blockbuster trade that sent him from the Los Angeles Rams to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Myles Garrett. 


    Myles

    IMG_0945.gif.16185775537d254f8e8ce2e7b05d6762.gif

    Jared


    IMG_0648.gif.cb3990d22f93b1703188f7928e7b37bd.gif

    Looks like he was born in Dayton for what it is worth.  He will constantly be measured up in this trade (unfairly to an extent) 

  • @londonbrown said:

    According to Ian Rappaport. 
     

    Jared Verse plus more heading to Cleveland 

    Unbelievable.

    Verse is pretty good but I feel like this trade is Verse and #2 or #3 QB prospect in the 2027 NFL draft.  Do we all think that is enough 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Unbelievable.

    Verse is pretty good but I feel like this trade is Verse and #2 or #3 QB prospect in the 2027 NFL draft.  Do we all think that is enough 

    They might be picking first next year. The tank-a-thon is in full effect now

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Unbelievable.

    Verse is pretty good but I feel like this trade is Verse and #2 or #3 QB prospect in the 2027 NFL draft.  Do we all think that is enough 

    They might be picking first next year. The tank-a-thon is in full effect now

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @browns149 said:

    They might be picking first next year. The tank-a-thon is in full effect now

    The defense is definitely worse now. I think the effect on the defense is going to be huge. Can't rely just on front 4 getting home, more blitzing, more reliance on DBs. Verse didn't even have double digit sacks last year. Myles had more sacks 2 games than Verse had all year. And that first picks is definitely going to be towards bottom of first round, I don't see how that pick helps move he needle to move up in draft. We gotta hope for the Rams to implode.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Verse has some boom potential.  He played some WR in college - in many ways he’s still learning the position and is by some of accounts one of the best run defender edges in all of football. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I just don't think the compensation matches the talent (Garrett).. I think Berry got hosed... Verse is a nice player but we should've got 2 firsts instead of one...

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I guess the compensation sounds fair. The Browns sold high, which is what you’re supposed to do if you’re going to trade a player. It’s basically 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd. 

    I’m not terribly versed on Verse, and like many of you l suspect the Rams’ 2027 pick will be a lower pick, but l’m guessing the Browns were doing this regardless and that’s probably the best offer they got. 

    So long Myles, and thanks for the memories.

  • Better be multiple first round picks.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gator said:

    Better be multiple first round picks.

    The reality is Verse is probably worth a 1st rounder plus, so we are getting 3 first rounders of value by the time all is said a done..

  • I guess the compensation sounds fair. The Browns sold high, which is what you’re supposed to do if you’re going to trade a player. It’s basically 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd. 

    I’m not terribly versed on Verse, and like many of you l suspect the Rams’ 2027 pick will be a lower pick, but l’m guessing the Browns were doing this regardless and that’s probably the best offer they got. 

    So long Myles, and thanks for the memories.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I guess the compensation sounds fair. The Browns sold high, which is what you’re supposed to do if you’re going to trade a player. It’s basically 2 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd. 

    I’m not terribly versed on Verse, and like many of you l suspect the Rams’ 2027 pick will be a lower pick, but l’m guessing the Browns were doing this regardless and that’s probably the best offer they got. 

    So long Myles, and thanks for the memories.

    I agree.  We have to remember that Myles was vocal about wanting out.