Skip to content

Roster Happenings

The Browns Board
25 6 371 1
  • While the board was down Concepcion signed his rookie contract, so all of the draft picks are on board.

    Cleveland Browns S Ronnie Hickman has signed his tender as a restricted free agent. Hickman started all 17 games last season and set career highs in tackles (100), interceptions (two) and passes defensed (seven). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2023, Hickman has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts.

    Hickman was a pleasant surprise last years.

  • While the board was down Concepcion signed his rookie contract, so all of the draft picks are on board.

    Cleveland Browns S Ronnie Hickman has signed his tender as a restricted free agent. Hickman started all 17 games last season and set career highs in tackles (100), interceptions (two) and passes defensed (seven). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2023, Hickman has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts.

    Hickman was a pleasant surprise last years.

    @orion said:

    While the board was down Concepcion signed his rookie contract, so all of the draft picks are on board.

    Cleveland Browns S Ronnie Hickman has signed his tender as a restricted free agent. Hickman started all 17 games last season and set career highs in tackles (100), interceptions (two) and passes defensed (seven). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2023, Hickman has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts.

    Hickman was a pleasant surprise last years.

    One thing I'll give Berry credit for is keying in on effective DB's.. I like to mention the fact Berry played DB in college... So he at least understands what he's looking at and looking for.. I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

  • @orion said:

    While the board was down Concepcion signed his rookie contract, so all of the draft picks are on board.

    Cleveland Browns S Ronnie Hickman has signed his tender as a restricted free agent. Hickman started all 17 games last season and set career highs in tackles (100), interceptions (two) and passes defensed (seven). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2023, Hickman has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts.

    Hickman was a pleasant surprise last years.

    One thing I'll give Berry credit for is keying in on effective DB's.. I like to mention the fact Berry played DB in college... So he at least understands what he's looking at and looking for.. I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

    @nickers said:

    One thing I'll give Berry credit for is keying in on effective DB's.. I like to mention the fact Berry played DB in college... So he at least understands what he's looking at

    After drafting multiple OLinemen I'm hoping that he's turned a corner in his OL drafting as up to now it hasn't looked like he learned much about them in his college days.

  • @nickers said:

    One thing I'll give Berry credit for is keying in on effective DB's.. I like to mention the fact Berry played DB in college... So he at least understands what he's looking at

    After drafting multiple OLinemen I'm hoping that he's turned a corner in his OL drafting as up to now it hasn't looked like he learned much about them in his college days.

    @orion said:

    After drafting multiple OLinemen I'm hoping that he's turned a corner in his OL drafting as up to now it hasn't looked like he learned much about them in his college days.

    I totally concur

  • @orion said:

    After drafting multiple OLinemen I'm hoping that he's turned a corner in his OL drafting as up to now it hasn't looked like he learned much about them in his college days.

    I totally concur

    @nickers said:

    I totally concur

    I conquer too. Excuse my speel checker...

  • @orion said:

    While the board was down Concepcion signed his rookie contract, so all of the draft picks are on board.

    Cleveland Browns S Ronnie Hickman has signed his tender as a restricted free agent. Hickman started all 17 games last season and set career highs in tackles (100), interceptions (two) and passes defensed (seven). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2023, Hickman has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts.

    Hickman was a pleasant surprise last years.

    One thing I'll give Berry credit for is keying in on effective DB's.. I like to mention the fact Berry played DB in college... So he at least understands what he's looking at and looking for.. I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

    @nickers said:

    I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

    Beginning? I thought he sucked all along. What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

  • @nickers said:

    I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

    Beginning? I thought he sucked all along. What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Beginning? I thought he sucked all along. What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    Well yeah,,, I didn't like the hire from the start for the reason you mentioned... I just think what is happening now really magnifies the negative impact he's had on this franchise.. I'm glad the nincompoop is gone!

  • @nickers said:

    I'm really beginning to believe Depodesta shackled this team for the last 10 years..

    Beginning? I thought he sucked all along. What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    @texasag1969 said:

    What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

    @orion said:

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

    That -or- a new and improved version of Dave's Insanity Sauce...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    What the hell were they thinking to listen to a baseball guy in the first damn place?

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

    @orion said:

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

    Too bad they waited a year too long to blow OL smoke up his ass.

  • @orion said:

    Haslem doesn't care where you come from. He's a sucker for NEW AND IMPROVED. Blow some smoke up his butt and he'll be on board with ya.

    Too bad they waited a year too long to blow OL smoke up his ass.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Too bad they waited a year too long to blow OL smoke up his ass.

    Haslam likes glitzy. Sexy. OLinemen aren't that. We had to have our OL be pointed to by every pundit and talking head with a microphone our column in order to make that a priority. Hopefully the OL overhaul is a success and we can now have our 'skilled' players perform properly.

    ---------

    We are now in football's DEAD OF WINTER. The offseason programs, mini-camps, etc. are wrapped up. The players are free until late July and the start of Training Camp. Typically, nothing good happens in these 6 weeks or so. And if nothing happens...then THAT will be good!

    The New York Knickerbockers are Champions! I've been a Knicks fan since the days of Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. Since the two championships back in the early 70's they've had some good years, but mostly forgettable season after forgettable season. You've got to have good players to turn things around. The Browns have been getting good players lately. Perhaps it's getting close to our time to shine. Go Browns!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Too bad they waited a year too long to blow OL smoke up his ass.

    Haslam likes glitzy. Sexy. OLinemen aren't that. We had to have our OL be pointed to by every pundit and talking head with a microphone our column in order to make that a priority. Hopefully the OL overhaul is a success and we can now have our 'skilled' players perform properly.

    ---------

    We are now in football's DEAD OF WINTER. The offseason programs, mini-camps, etc. are wrapped up. The players are free until late July and the start of Training Camp. Typically, nothing good happens in these 6 weeks or so. And if nothing happens...then THAT will be good!

    The New York Knickerbockers are Champions! I've been a Knicks fan since the days of Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. Since the two championships back in the early 70's they've had some good years, but mostly forgettable season after forgettable season. You've got to have good players to turn things around. The Browns have been getting good players lately. Perhaps it's getting close to our time to shine. Go Browns!

    @orion said:

    The New York Knickerbockers are Champions! I've been a Knicks fan since the days of Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. Since the two championships back in the early 70's they've had some good years, but mostly forgettable season after forgettable season. You've got to have good players to turn things around. The Browns have been getting good players lately. Perhaps it's getting close to our time to shine. Go Browns!

    My two favorites were unselfish Bill (Rhodes Scholar) Bradley and Earl The Pearl Monroe a.k.a. Black Jesus. This time around there was really just one player that dominated the games offensively. But team defense was very similar.

  • @orion said:

    The New York Knickerbockers are Champions! I've been a Knicks fan since the days of Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. Since the two championships back in the early 70's they've had some good years, but mostly forgettable season after forgettable season. You've got to have good players to turn things around. The Browns have been getting good players lately. Perhaps it's getting close to our time to shine. Go Browns!

    My two favorites were unselfish Bill (Rhodes Scholar) Bradley and Earl The Pearl Monroe a.k.a. Black Jesus. This time around there was really just one player that dominated the games offensively. But team defense was very similar.

    @texasag1969 said:

    My two favorites were unselfish Bill (Rhodes Scholar) Bradley and Earl The Pearl Monroe a.k.a. Black Jesus. This time around there was really just one player that dominated the games offensively. But team defense was very similar.

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My two favorites were unselfish Bill (Rhodes Scholar) Bradley and Earl The Pearl Monroe a.k.a. Black Jesus. This time around there was really just one player that dominated the games offensively. But team defense was very similar.

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

    @orion said:

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

    I'm not a fan.. On top of that... Their fans act like savage untamed farm animals.. Right on par with Philly... Their acts of destruction the other night was pathetic and disgusting.. I hope to God our fans never act in such a manor.. I hope they all get arrested.. I'm not the biggest Mike Brown fan but.. I'll give him some kudos.. He's paid his dues big time..

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My two favorites were unselfish Bill (Rhodes Scholar) Bradley and Earl The Pearl Monroe a.k.a. Black Jesus. This time around there was really just one player that dominated the games offensively. But team defense was very similar.

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

    @orion said:

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

    And 6'5" guard Bill Bradley was mine because he was so smart about how the team should run. And even though he was one of the greatest shooters in College History (30 ppg career), he did not feel the need to be "that guy" as a pro for that Knicks championship year. Bradley could have easily scored in the high 20's every game had he not been so unselfish. That championship year he averaged 16.1 ppg, 3.7 rebounds pg and 4.5 assists pg.

    EDIT: When I lived in Venezuela the U came down and played a series of pre-season games against college teams including U. of Valencia. 6'7" Rick Barry (The Miami Greyhound) was their star and I had never seen shooting like that, nor had I ever seen anyone make every free throw with that underhanded backspin shot he had. When he reached around 40 points in a runaway, they'd take him out of the game so as to give 2nd teamers experience.

    Barry on why he shot the underhanded free throw (funny).

  • @orion said:

    2 things: Bill Bradley has posted a few times on facebook since the victory. Congratulatory and celebratory posts. So cool to see that!

    And Clyde was interviewed after the game (what a sport coat/jacket!) 🙂 anyway, they asked him about Brunson and he said that he carried the team to the Championship. He said that he was surprised that San Antonio didn't try to double team him and make somebody else have to beat them. He said, But they didn't and that's why we're champions. Frazier was a great offensive player, but he was ALWAYS selected to the all defensive team. He understood the importance of defense and made it a priority in his game. He's still my all time favorite basketball player.

    I'm not a fan.. On top of that... Their fans act like savage untamed farm animals.. Right on par with Philly... Their acts of destruction the other night was pathetic and disgusting.. I hope to God our fans never act in such a manor.. I hope they all get arrested.. I'm not the biggest Mike Brown fan but.. I'll give him some kudos.. He's paid his dues big time..

    @nickers said:

    Their fans act like savage untamed farm animals.. Right on par with Philly.

    Yeah, it's bad. Being destructive is no way to celebrate! Personally, I think Philly fans are worse. But in reality, that's splitting hairs. It's No Way to Act. New York is heavily populated...so you'll get a lot of undesirables in the mix. My best friend was a Vikings fan. After a playoff game in Philly, in which the Vikings lost, Philly fans threw beer bottles at the busses taking the Vikings players from the stadium. Classless!

    @texasag1969 said:

    And 6'5" guard Bill Bradley was mine because he was so smart about how the team should run. And even though he was one of the greatest shooters in College History (30 ppg career), he did not feel the need to be "that guy" as a pro for that Knicks championship year. Bradley could have easily scored in the high 20's every game had he not been so unselfish.

    Yup, he was Rhodes Scholar smart. A team player. Even Earl the Pearl...when he came over from the Bullets, became more of a team player for the Knicks because the whole rest of the team were team players. There were no I's on the Knicks. Yeah, Earl dazzled us and left us all scratching our heads saying, How the hell did he do that! But he realized that he was surrounded with guys that played complimentary basketball...and he fit himself into that mold.

  • I liked Dave DeBusschere.

  • @nickers said:

    Their fans act like savage untamed farm animals.. Right on par with Philly.

    Yeah, it's bad. Being destructive is no way to celebrate! Personally, I think Philly fans are worse. But in reality, that's splitting hairs. It's No Way to Act. New York is heavily populated...so you'll get a lot of undesirables in the mix. My best friend was a Vikings fan. After a playoff game in Philly, in which the Vikings lost, Philly fans threw beer bottles at the busses taking the Vikings players from the stadium. Classless!

    @texasag1969 said:

    And 6'5" guard Bill Bradley was mine because he was so smart about how the team should run. And even though he was one of the greatest shooters in College History (30 ppg career), he did not feel the need to be "that guy" as a pro for that Knicks championship year. Bradley could have easily scored in the high 20's every game had he not been so unselfish.

    Yup, he was Rhodes Scholar smart. A team player. Even Earl the Pearl...when he came over from the Bullets, became more of a team player for the Knicks because the whole rest of the team were team players. There were no I's on the Knicks. Yeah, Earl dazzled us and left us all scratching our heads saying, How the hell did he do that! But he realized that he was surrounded with guys that played complimentary basketball...and he fit himself into that mold.

    @orion said:

    Yeah, it's bad. Being destructive is no way to celebrate! Personally, I think Philly fans are worse. But in reality, that's splitting hairs. It's No Way to Act. New York is heavily populated...so you'll get a lot of undesirables in the mix. My best friend was a Vikings fan. After a playoff game in Philly, in which the Vikings lost, Philly fans threw beer bottles at the busses taking the Vikings players from the stadium. Classless!

    You apparently never sat in the old Dawg Pound at Cleveland Stadium.

    They literally switched sides of the field because the fans threw so much shit at the Broncos during one game. It's rare that I don't see at least one fight in the stands every time I go to a game, and that's at the kinder, gentler venue they play at now. Hell, in '24 this drunk mouthy Bears fan got told by a certain Browns fan that if he didn't turn around and stop bothering the female Browns fan he was talking shit to that he'd be thrown off the upper deck. That certain Browns fan likes to post a questionaire every September on a Browns message board just before the season starts. ?

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, it's bad. Being destructive is no way to celebrate! Personally, I think Philly fans are worse. But in reality, that's splitting hairs. It's No Way to Act. New York is heavily populated...so you'll get a lot of undesirables in the mix. My best friend was a Vikings fan. After a playoff game in Philly, in which the Vikings lost, Philly fans threw beer bottles at the busses taking the Vikings players from the stadium. Classless!

    You apparently never sat in the old Dawg Pound at Cleveland Stadium.

    They literally switched sides of the field because the fans threw so much shit at the Broncos during one game. It's rare that I don't see at least one fight in the stands every time I go to a game, and that's at the kinder, gentler venue they play at now. Hell, in '24 this drunk mouthy Bears fan got told by a certain Browns fan that if he didn't turn around and stop bothering the female Browns fan he was talking shit to that he'd be thrown off the upper deck. That certain Browns fan likes to post a questionaire every September on a Browns message board just before the season starts. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You apparently never sat in the old Dawg Pound at Cleveland Stadium.

    They literally switched sides of the field because the fans threw so much shit at the Broncos during one game. It's rare that I don't see at least one fight in the stands every time I go to a game, and that's at the kinder, gentler venue they play at now. Hell, in '24 this drunk mouthy Bears fan got told by a certain Browns fan that if he didn't turn around and stop bothering the female Browns fan he was talking shit to that he'd be thrown off the upper deck. That certain Browns fan likes to post a questionaire every September on a Browns message board just before the season starts. ?

    I'm glad you took it easy on the guy and just cracked his ribs... Who says you don't have a heart?

    Would you believe I was at that home game vs the Broncos? It felt like the only time I can remember them beating the Broncos even though they have beaten them other times.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You apparently never sat in the old Dawg Pound at Cleveland Stadium.

    They literally switched sides of the field because the fans threw so much shit at the Broncos during one game. It's rare that I don't see at least one fight in the stands every time I go to a game, and that's at the kinder, gentler venue they play at now. Hell, in '24 this drunk mouthy Bears fan got told by a certain Browns fan that if he didn't turn around and stop bothering the female Browns fan he was talking shit to that he'd be thrown off the upper deck. That certain Browns fan likes to post a questionaire every September on a Browns message board just before the season starts. ?

    I'm glad you took it easy on the guy and just cracked his ribs... Who says you don't have a heart?

    Would you believe I was at that home game vs the Broncos? It felt like the only time I can remember them beating the Broncos even though they have beaten them other times.

    @flugel said:

    Would you believe I was at that home game vs the Broncos? It felt like the only time I can remember them beating the Broncos even though they have beaten them other times.

    In 1967 I was at the A&M - Texas game when we beat them 10-7. I was 20 years old. The last time we had beaten them was 1956 (I was there too) which was the first time we had ever beaten them in Memorial Stadium in Austin. I was 9 years old and John David Crow would win the Heisman the following year (when Bear Bryant left for Bama). I can distinctly remember the sense of unreality when the final gun sounded in 1967 because the drought was the longest ever in the history of that rivalry. At some point all hope of ever winning again was gone, so it just felt very strange and unbelievable when it finally happened. Makes you look over your shoulder to see if an angel was taking you to heaven or something.?