Skip to content

Sorsby declares for the supplemental draft

The Browns Board
49 18 696 1
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    If we were to draft him, we'd have 5 QB's on the team, 4 of them drafted in the last 2 years. I can't picture that kind of madness.

  • If we were to draft him, we'd have 5 QB's on the team, 4 of them drafted in the last 2 years. I can't picture that kind of madness.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @orion said:

    If we were to draft him, we'd have 5 QB's on the team, 4 of them drafted in the last 2 years. I can't picture that kind of madness.

    I would be so completely pissed.

  • @orion said:

    If we were to draft him, we'd have 5 QB's on the team, 4 of them drafted in the last 2 years. I can't picture that kind of madness.

    I would be so completely pissed.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would be so completely pissed.

    ...and then we draft one in round one in '27.

  • @ballpeen said:

    A gracious gift no doubt. The Haslam family has buildings all over the campus. The family has donated over $250 million over the years. They are loyal to UT. Other than Peyton the Mannings have no loyalty to UT. I don't see any connection between what the Haslams just did and somehow buttering up the Mannings.

    Also, they recently donated $190 million to University Hospitals for cancer research. Say what you want about the Haslams, they are pretty generous with their money.

    The people who ripped off truck companies for tons of money?

    Glad to hear they donate money to help with their tax write-offs.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #24

    @dutch-oven said:

    The people who ripped off truck companies for tons of money?

    Glad to hear they donate money to help with their tax write-offs.

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The people who ripped off truck companies for tons of money?

    Glad to hear they donate money to help with their tax write-offs.

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @ballpeen said:

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files.

    @ballpeen said:

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files

    The Fuel Rebate Scandal

    • The Scheme: Executives and sales staff targeted smaller, less-sophisticated trucking companies that relied on “cost-plus” fuel pricing. Salespeople manually adjusted or underpaid the contracted fuel rebates, keeping the difference to boost company profits and their own commissions. [1, 2]

    • The Fallout: The FBI and IRS raided the company headquarters in 2013. Pilot Flying J ultimately paid $92 million in federal penalties and $85 million to settle lawsuits with the defrauded trucking companies. [1,

      , 3, 4]

    • Convictions: Over a dozen former executives and sales staff pleaded guilty or were convicted. Former President Mark Hazelwood was sentenced to over 12 years in federal prison.

    Keep licking Jimmy's boots...

  • @ballpeen said:

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files.

    @ballpeen said:

    So you know he did but IRS, DOJ auditors and the evidence couldn't? Maybe the FBI should hire you to clear up hundreds of cold case files

    The Fuel Rebate Scandal

    • The Scheme: Executives and sales staff targeted smaller, less-sophisticated trucking companies that relied on “cost-plus” fuel pricing. Salespeople manually adjusted or underpaid the contracted fuel rebates, keeping the difference to boost company profits and their own commissions. [1, 2]

    • The Fallout: The FBI and IRS raided the company headquarters in 2013. Pilot Flying J ultimately paid $92 million in federal penalties and $85 million to settle lawsuits with the defrauded trucking companies. [1,

      , 3, 4]

    • Convictions: Over a dozen former executives and sales staff pleaded guilty or were convicted. Former President Mark Hazelwood was sentenced to over 12 years in federal prison.

    Keep licking Jimmy's boots...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    Convictions: Over a dozen former executives and sales staff pleaded guilty or were convicted. Former President Mark Hazelwood was sentenced to over 12 years in federal prison.

    Everyone knew what was going on but nobody gave up Jimmy and the janitor...because one signed their checks and they didn't want to empty their own trash.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #27

    If Sorsby is the answer, the question is something about illegal gambling - and nothing to do with the difficult grind of finding a way to become slightly better each day at the profession of football.

    Be honest with yourself: Sorsby spent exactly zero minutes watching film.. he was(is) more interested in finding an edge to bet Bulgarian womens rugby than in focusing on his job.

    He isnt a leader, he's a cancer. Stay far away.

  • If Sorsby is the answer, the question is something about illegal gambling - and nothing to do with the difficult grind of finding a way to become slightly better each day at the profession of football.

    Be honest with yourself: Sorsby spent exactly zero minutes watching film.. he was(is) more interested in finding an edge to bet Bulgarian womens rugby than in focusing on his job.

    He isnt a leader, he's a cancer. Stay far away.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @unsympathetic said:

    He isnt a leader, he's a cancer. Stay far away.

    he pissed away a chance at a national title and maybe a top3 pick in the draft

  • JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #29

    If we put a bid on Sorsby, that tells you everything you need to know of what our front office really thinks of Watson/Sanders.

    I wouldn't waste a pick on Sorsby even without gambling issues.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #30

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    The NFL saved the Browns from doing something incredibly Brownsish.

  • sydS syd

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #32

    @syd said:

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    I'm just glad it kept the Browns from evil temptation..... A little off season blues for ya'll from yours truly... Now let's get the season on...

  • sydS syd

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @syd said:

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    Does this mean he has to wait for the regular draft or does he become a free agent?

  • @syd said:

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    I'm just glad it kept the Browns from evil temptation..... A little off season blues for ya'll from yours truly... Now let's get the season on...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @nickers said:

    I'm just glad it kept the Browns from evil temptation..... A little off season blues for ya'll from yours truly... Now let's get the season on...

    >

    Nice Playin'!! I like the surf green. Add your chorus pedal and you'd have a nice Trower-like sound.

    You got a couple of spare necks hangin' on the wall?

  • @syd said:

    NFL told sorsby to kick rocks, there will be no supplemental draft this year, so even if he didnt get drafted he could become a free agent, so sorsby you are kinda fucked

    Does this mean he has to wait for the regular draft or does he become a free agent?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Does this mean he has to wait for the regular draft or does he become a free agent?

    He can play in Canada if he wants...but they're already underway up there. Other than that he has to wait for the '27 draft (and not play anywhere in '26). He would be a FA if he doesn't get drafted next year.

  • @nickers said:

    I'm just glad it kept the Browns from evil temptation..... A little off season blues for ya'll from yours truly... Now let's get the season on...

    >

    Nice Playin'!! I like the surf green. Add your chorus pedal and you'd have a nice Trower-like sound.

    You got a couple of spare necks hangin' on the wall?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #36

    @orion said:

    Nice Playin'!! I like the surf green. Add your chorus pedal and you'd have a nice Trower-like sound.

    You got a couple of spare necks hangin' on the wall?

    Yeah the Univibe.. I have the TC Electronics version called "the viscus vibe" It's very transparent but I think I need a new one.. I think my univibe is dying... Yeah the necks are from previous guitars I have had in the past.. The strat I'm playing is a low budget strat a buddy of mine gave me.. The single coils sound more like P-90's than regular strat pickups.... It was his kids guitar... They didn't take care of it so he gave it to me.. It became my number 1... It just plays great and sounds amazing... I have to get the intonation sorted out on it but the neck fits my hand like a glove.. It's almost identical to a Suhr stratocaster...

    Heres a Jimi cover with the univibe I did a few years ago..

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Does this mean he has to wait for the regular draft or does he become a free agent?

    He can play in Canada if he wants...but they're already underway up there. Other than that he has to wait for the '27 draft (and not play anywhere in '26). He would be a FA if he doesn't get drafted next year.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @orion said:

    He can play in Canada if he wants...but they're already underway up there. Other than that he has to wait for the '27 draft (and not play anywhere in '26). He would be a FA if he doesn't get drafted next year.

    This isn't over yet.

  • @orion said:

    Nice Playin'!! I like the surf green. Add your chorus pedal and you'd have a nice Trower-like sound.

    You got a couple of spare necks hangin' on the wall?

    Yeah the Univibe.. I have the TC Electronics version called "the viscus vibe" It's very transparent but I think I need a new one.. I think my univibe is dying... Yeah the necks are from previous guitars I have had in the past.. The strat I'm playing is a low budget strat a buddy of mine gave me.. The single coils sound more like P-90's than regular strat pickups.... It was his kids guitar... They didn't take care of it so he gave it to me.. It became my number 1... It just plays great and sounds amazing... I have to get the intonation sorted out on it but the neck fits my hand like a glove.. It's almost identical to a Suhr stratocaster...

    Heres a Jimi cover with the univibe I did a few years ago..

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @nickers said:

    Heres a Jimi cover with the univibe I did a few years ago..

    Yeah, that's Trowery. You've got a Lester-like guitar there.

    Here's a long one that we did in my yard a couple of years back. Playing my Jaguar. I went a little crazy with the video controls 🙂 The first and only time we tried it.

  • @nickers said:

    Heres a Jimi cover with the univibe I did a few years ago..

    Yeah, that's Trowery. You've got a Lester-like guitar there.

    Here's a long one that we did in my yard a couple of years back. Playing my Jaguar. I went a little crazy with the video controls 🙂 The first and only time we tried it.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @orion said:

    Yeah, that's Trowery. You've got a Lester-like guitar there.

    Here's a long one that we did in my yard a couple of years back. Playing my Jaguar. I went a little crazy with the video controls 🙂 The first and only time we tried it.

    >

    lol looks like your camera went on an acid trip... I like the 70's oversized headstock on Fender guitars.. Are those P-90's or humbuckers?.. they sound nice.

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, that's Trowery. You've got a Lester-like guitar there.

    Here's a long one that we did in my yard a couple of years back. Playing my Jaguar. I went a little crazy with the video controls 🙂 The first and only time we tried it.

    >

    lol looks like your camera went on an acid trip... I like the 70's oversized headstock on Fender guitars.. Are those P-90's or humbuckers?.. they sound nice.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @nickers said:

    Are those P-90's or humbuckers?.. they sound nice.

    Enforcer Humbuckers. It's not an expensive guitar. 2018 Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH. Made in Mexico. A couple of roller wheels at the top allow me to roll each pickup from total humbucker to total single coil and everywhere in between. Originally it had three slide switches. One each for the two pickups and one is a Low Cut. I removed the switch plate and had my pal in the machine shop at the place I worked make a new one. One drilled hole for a 3-way toggle switch and one slot for the low cut switch. Seemed dumb to me to have to slide one switch to turn the pickup off and slide another to turn the other pickup on. I'll never sell / trade this guitar. It sounds and plays way above it's price point. Full disclosure, those tremolo systems suck...but it does work and stay in tune.

    image.png

    image.png Still wrapped in the original packaging.