Skip to content

2026 Run The 9 thread. Your Offense, Defense & Personnel Analysis.

Pinned The Browns Board
87 8 1.8k
  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm really excited to see Boston and Concepcion this season, and hopeful that Bond progresses well.

    With any luck it will be Sanders throwing to them....

    And I'm afraid that if Sanders proves he is better than Watson, then Haslem will doggedly stick with Watson to prove losing all those draft choices was justified.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I'm afraid that if Sanders proves he is better than Watson, then Haslem will doggedly stick with Watson to prove losing all those draft choices was justified.

    I've read this back to myself 3 times now. Still haven't been able to come up with a logical scenario with real life application.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I'm afraid that if Sanders proves he is better than Watson, then Haslem will doggedly stick with Watson to prove losing all those draft choices was justified.

    I've read this back to myself 3 times now. Still haven't been able to come up with a logical scenario with real life application.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tiamat63 said:

    I've read this back to myself 3 times now. Still haven't been able to come up with a logical scenario with real life application.

    Makes sense if you think of the logic it took Haslem to take JFF because a homeless guy told him he should do so.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I've read this back to myself 3 times now. Still haven't been able to come up with a logical scenario with real life application.

    Makes sense if you think of the logic it took Haslem to take JFF because a homeless guy told him he should do so.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @texasag1969 said:

    Makes sense if you think of the logic it took Haslem to take JFF because a homeless guy told him he should do so.

    I don't believe that's at all why Haslem drafted Manziel though.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Makes sense if you think of the logic it took Haslem to take JFF because a homeless guy told him he should do so.

    I don't believe that's at all why Haslem drafted Manziel though.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't believe that's at all why Haslem drafted Manziel though.

    He drafted Manziel for the glitz. He paid Bill Parcells 100 grand to evaluate the draftable QB's. Parcells said, Whatever you do don't draft Manziel. Haslam is a dope.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't believe that's at all why Haslem drafted Manziel though.

    He drafted Manziel for the glitz. He paid Bill Parcells 100 grand to evaluate the draftable QB's. Parcells said, Whatever you do don't draft Manziel. Haslam is a dope.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @orion said:

    He drafted Manziel for the glitz. He paid Bill Parcells 100 grand to evaluate the draftable QB's. Parcells said, Whatever you do don't draft Manziel. Haslam is a dope.

    So who told him to trade away all those draft choices for Watson?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Dline - putting the FU in FUNDAMENTALS

    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    Fire Department: "Stop, Drop, Roll"

    Ludacris: "Stop, Drop, Kaboom"

    Dline: "Shock, Locate, Shed"
  • @orion said:

    He drafted Manziel for the glitz. He paid Bill Parcells 100 grand to evaluate the draftable QB's. Parcells said, Whatever you do don't draft Manziel. Haslam is a dope.

    So who told him to trade away all those draft choices for Watson?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @texasag1969 said:

    So who told him to trade away all those draft choices for Watson?

    Good question. My best guess would be that he asked Berry something like, What the hell can we do about our QB position. Resulting in Berry researching options and presenting them to his boss. And since the Rams had just demonstrated with the trade of Goff for Stafford and subsequent super bowl victory, that may have been the path chosen.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #31
    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    One of #ShedeurSanders best passes of the season that I haven't seen posted. I've seen users pointing to questionable throws that were were fortunate catches - but THIS is legitimately a great rep.

    - #DaBears show an 8-0 front.
    - 5 man pressure w/ the nickel the RB side.
    - Show more
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #32

    While he wasn't the one that fucked up his gap responsibility, this is a reminder - DON'T be the nickel in this play.

    You get THAT CLEAR then you're CLEAR for takeoff!

  • While he wasn't the one that fucked up his gap responsibility, this is a reminder - DON'T be the nickel in this play.

    You get THAT CLEAR then you're CLEAR for takeoff!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tiamat63 said:

    While he wasn't the one that fucked up his gap responsibility, this is a reminder - DON'T be the nickel in this play.

    You get THAT CLEAR then you're CLEAR for takeoff!

    ...not allowed to watch video.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    While he wasn't the one that fucked up his gap responsibility, this is a reminder - DON'T be the nickel in this play.

    You get THAT CLEAR then you're CLEAR for takeoff!

    ...not allowed to watch video.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @orion said:

    ...not allowed to watch video.

    Interesting. It is just you or is anyone else having an issue? It's a public post so privacy settings shouldn't be an issue.

  • @orion said:

    ...not allowed to watch video.

    Interesting. It is just you or is anyone else having an issue? It's a public post so privacy settings shouldn't be an issue.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #35

    @tiamat63 said:

    Interesting. It is just you or is anyone else having an issue? It's a public post so privacy settings shouldn't be an issue.

    I was unable to as well. Here's what stopped me (below) after I clicked on the play arrow:

    image.png

  • Dline - putting the FU in FUNDAMENTALS

    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    Fire Department: "Stop, Drop, Roll"

    Ludacris: "Stop, Drop, Kaboom"

    Dline: "Shock, Locate, Shed"
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tiamat63 said:

    Dline - putting the FU in FUNDAMENTALS

    BA-BOOMBA! This guy not only shocked, located and shed - he also made the tackle immediately. That was a pretty informative way of the DT saying we're closed here without needing to say a word. Like the GREAT Paul Brown once said "When you win say little. When you lose say even less..."

    Thanks for the informative videos TJ!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Interesting. It is just you or is anyone else having an issue? It's a public post so privacy settings shouldn't be an issue.

    I was unable to as well. Here's what stopped me (below) after I clicked on the play arrow:

    image.png

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @flugel said:

    I was unable to as well. Here's what stopped me (below) after I clicked on the play arrow:

    image.png

    Might be a post that requires twitter.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #38
    RunThe9@tjRT9s
    This play shows so much we can appreciate.

    1) Coach Kehres' Defenses are, what I can only describe as 'passive aggressive', in their structure. An example of one of their 3D/DU FZ calls - walking down the LB over the C & the 2t trying to get a pick on the RG with the 3t Show more

    If you wondered 'Why?' when it comes to the Browns taking EMW from Toledo. It isn't just that he's a great athlete.

    • Coach Kehres at Toledo ran a quarters based defense with a LOT of weakside (weak 3) safety rotations.

    • Coach Rutenburg is coming from an ATL DEF that played a TON of 2hi shell and weakside (weak 3) safety rotations

    The Dirty Birds defensive blueprint and how they valued the pairing of Jessie Bates + Xavier Watts tells us a great deal about what I expect to see more of come training camp.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I remember wanting the Browns to take Watts.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    TBB community! Brainy Ballers is working hard to put the final touches on our fantasy football app before the upcoming season starts.

    It's a bit different than what you're used to. It amounts to a dynasty league but played in a manner similar to the stock market. Think - combining Robinhood + your favorite fantasy football app.

    Tossing in some screenshots.

    We're looking for beta testers in the next couple days. If this seems like something you're interested in, please DM or @ me your email address and I'll make sure you get an invite.

    Thanks,

    - The BB team

    IMG_20260712_154611.pngIMG_20260712_154611.pngIMG_20260712_154603.pngIMG_20260712_154601.jpgIMG_20260712_154556.png

    IMG_20260712_154608.png

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #41

    IMO, gambling is not good for the integrity of sports.

  • IMO, gambling is not good for the integrity of sports.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @orion said:

    IMO, gambling is not good for the integrity of sports.

    It's Fantasy Football, just in a different format. You can have free leagues just as you'd have fee leagues.

    The dollar values, like the screenshots I posted above, are purely a simulated, "stock market like" type of presentation. It functions as users can "buy" shares of a player out of a pre-determined IPO pool.

    There's no actual money being exchanged (apart from league fees)

    Fantasy Football has been around for 30 years now.

  • @orion said:

    IMO, gambling is not good for the integrity of sports.

    It's Fantasy Football, just in a different format. You can have free leagues just as you'd have fee leagues.

    The dollar values, like the screenshots I posted above, are purely a simulated, "stock market like" type of presentation. It functions as users can "buy" shares of a player out of a pre-determined IPO pool.

    There's no actual money being exchanged (apart from league fees)

    Fantasy Football has been around for 30 years now.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's Fantasy Football, just in a different format. You can have free leagues just as you'd have fee leagues.

    The dollar values, like the screenshots I posted above, are purely a simulated, "stock market like" type of presentation. It functions as users can "buy" shares of a player out of a pre-determined IPO pool.

    There's no actual money being exchanged (apart from league fees)

    Fantasy Football has been around for 30 years now.

    I should've added 'Just Saying' to my comment. I've been in many fantasy football leagues. And I've run my share of them. As a matter of fact, I've run a little Yahoo league for the last couple of years for my young grandsons to be part of....along with Mrs. Wife, their Mom and her boyfriend (we hate her ex husband...but the boys think of him as daddy) 😞

    I should've clarified that I've got no beef with fantasy football. But truly dislike all of the gambling around sports that there is in this day and age.