Jahvid Best RB
-
You know, I'm getting tired of people keep saying we should draft this or that RB, when we have two on the roster that we don't really know what we have yet.
Jerome keeps doing things in the limited reps he gets, to say he's going to be awesome. Why RAC never played him, I have no idea.
-
I'd prefer a big, strong RB in Dwyer.
Dwyer is in a system that doesn't even suit him, and he still rips all over defenses.
He's the perfect RB for this system.
-
I am soooo anti-college player hype but I want that Berry kid. He is a sure thing. The way he plays you can tell he loves the game. Like Polamalu. We have enough RBs we don't nee to draft one that high.
-
We should draft this guy in round 1 next year, I know many of you want a safety Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, but I would much rather first have a running game. Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.
http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=238184
The Browns can likely trade down a number of picks when drafting him, which is also a plus since it would obviously help save money with the cap.
If I were GM, 2010 NFL draft:
Rd 1: Jahvid Best
Rd 2: An offensive tackle, or guard
Rd 3: DE
.....
but the VERY last thing the Browns want to do is draft a QB(2nd last thing would be a WR), if Mangini/Kokinis decide to do that, that would only be a shrouding of improving the team, and would only be a decision made to please the average fan. I would lose all faith in that management if they ever decide to do that once the 2010 NFL draft beckons..
build the team around the QB, then get the QB, until then Derek Anderson it is.
I'd be interested in what some of you gurus such as Aloysius think.
Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
-
Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
nobody cares about jizz rogers.
-
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
nobody cares about jizz rogers.
nobody cares about jaquizz rogers.
you will
-
nobody cares about jaquizz rogers.
that's not what i said pee pants.
-
Hopefully we draft impact Defense players. The defense seems to be the brighter spot. Let us improve it much further.
-
Hopefully we draft impact Defense players. The defense seems to be the brighter spot. Let us improve it much further.
Hopefully we draft impact Defense players. The defense seems to be the brighter spot. Let us improve it much further.
Cal just got their asses handed to them and Best was completely shut down. Great RB's dont get shut down in college.
-
Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.
No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.
And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.
-
yeah, quality is better than quantity. we had about 4 or 5 right tackles going into training camp and look were we are now.
Oh here we go.
RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.
RT
S
LB
RG
CB
QB
RB
DE
Okay, 7th.
-
Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.
No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.
And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.
Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.
No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.
And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.
Jamal Berry / RT / OLB sounds like a good order to me.
-
yeah, quality is better than quantity. we had about 4 or 5 right tackles going into training camp and look were we are now.
Oh here we go.
RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.
RT
S
LB
RG
CB
QB
RB
DE
Okay, 7th.
Oh here we go.
RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.
RT
S
LB
RG
CB
QB
RB
DE
Okay, 7th.
QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)
LB (by far our weakest position on our football team. Are you guys tired of missed tackles? God its disgusting.)
RT (I am a fan of getting a decent one in FA and letting them mold together. If you rinse, wash, dry and repeat every other year you will never have a good line.
S (that Berry kid is going to be special so maybe you take him in the 1st round. But we do have bigger needs than SAFETY)
LB (did I already mention how bad we are at LB?)
DE (finding young new guys to take the place of R. Smith and eventually Coleman is a must. But we will not have that luxury seeming that there are alot of needs)
-
Jahvid Best harnesses the ability to be that game impacting running back we've all wanted since the Browns have came back.
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
Jahvid Best is overrated. It was embarrassing how ESPN prematurely blew their load on him after the Minnesota game.
I would prefer one of the guys from USC.
And the best RB in the conference is reigning Pac 10 Player of the Year Jaquizz Rogers of Oregon State.
That kid can ball Lumfreddy.
-
Impact playmakers like Berry and Mays do not come around often. We lack so many playmakers it would be smart of us to take one at an impact position.
No to QB or RB or WR. We are not there yet as a team.
And from where I sit, impact safety on D, followed by LB and OL would be a good start in round 1,2 and 3.
Jamal Berry / RT / OLB sounds like a good order to me.
AdaM said:
Jamal Berry / RT / OLB sounds like a good order to me.I think you meant Eric Berry
-
Oh here we go.
RTs and RBs? Apples to oranges guy. Fans LOVE to scout RBs because it's easy to see if a guy is fast. Truth is, you can get a RB almost anywhere in the draft if you do your homework. I just don't see a reason for the Browns to take one that high considering everything else this team is lacking. Harrison and Davis are completely fine and Jamal can ad 15 pounds on the offseason and become strictly a short yardage guy and a tutor. RB is probably 5th on our list of needs.
RT
S
LB
RG
CB
QB
RB
DE
Okay, 7th.
QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)
LB (by far our weakest position on our football team. Are you guys tired of missed tackles? God its disgusting.)
RT (I am a fan of getting a decent one in FA and letting them mold together. If you rinse, wash, dry and repeat every other year you will never have a good line.
S (that Berry kid is going to be special so maybe you take him in the 1st round. But we do have bigger needs than SAFETY)
LB (did I already mention how bad we are at LB?)
DE (finding young new guys to take the place of R. Smith and eventually Coleman is a must. But we will not have that luxury seeming that there are alot of needs)
QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)
I have safety listed so high because I want that Berry guy. He is like an extra LB and I think can make an instant impact. But I agree with your list of priorities I have no problem with that order. However, the QB thing got me. I am extremely opposed to drafting a QB.
First off, I just don't have the patience to wait for a guy to sit and learn for 3 years and then come in shit the bed when his turn comes up.
Second, and most importantly, this team is nowhere near good enough to just insert a QB and make our playoff run. And we won't be next year either.
Third, Although I am not overly excited about either of our guys, they will have a year in the system under their belts and can still be developed to be servicable until the team is stable enough for a new QB.
Lastly, I can't stomach another "Holcombe" "Brady" or "DA" revolution when the starter throws his first interception.
I'm all about building a team and then inserting a QB, not the other way around. Look at Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, NY. And then look at Carr, Harrington, Couch, Russel, possibly Stafford, Kansas City. The lists are endless. Building from QB down is a poor formula. Holy Shit, am I really talkig about next year's draft in October? This board has sucked me in! DAMMIT!
-
Sorry Mop...you officially are lost. lost i say....
QB,RT,S,RB in order and all impct team immediately if chosen correctly!
Sorry Mop...you officially are lost. lost i say....
QB,RT,S,RB in order and all impct team immediately if chosen correctly!
Not the QB. If your team is aweful and you put in a rookie, you have about a 1/100 chance of him helping. See the above response. You say "if chosen correctly" what you mean is "if you get lucky".
-
QB (is the most important on the team so if you dont have your guy then you go for it. At the same time if your not in love with one dont reach and hope. But that indeed is #1 on our list dont kid yourself.)
I have safety listed so high because I want that Berry guy. He is like an extra LB and I think can make an instant impact. But I agree with your list of priorities I have no problem with that order. However, the QB thing got me. I am extremely opposed to drafting a QB.
First off, I just don't have the patience to wait for a guy to sit and learn for 3 years and then come in shit the bed when his turn comes up.
Second, and most importantly, this team is nowhere near good enough to just insert a QB and make our playoff run. And we won't be next year either.
Third, Although I am not overly excited about either of our guys, they will have a year in the system under their belts and can still be developed to be servicable until the team is stable enough for a new QB.
Lastly, I can't stomach another "Holcombe" "Brady" or "DA" revolution when the starter throws his first interception.
I'm all about building a team and then inserting a QB, not the other way around. Look at Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, NY. And then look at Carr, Harrington, Couch, Russel, possibly Stafford, Kansas City. The lists are endless. Building from QB down is a poor formula. Holy Shit, am I really talkig about next year's draft in October? This board has sucked me in! DAMMIT!
I have safety listed so high because I want that Berry guy. He is like an extra LB and I think can make an instant impact. But I agree with your list of priorities I have no problem with that order. However, the QB thing got me. I am extremely opposed to drafting a QB.
First off, I just don't have the patience to wait for a guy to sit and learn for 3 years and then come in shit the bed when his turn comes up.
Second, and most importantly, this team is nowhere near good enough to just insert a QB and make our playoff run. And we won't be next year either.
Third, Although I am not overly excited about either of our guys, they will have a year in the system under their belts and can still be developed to be servicable until the team is stable enough for a new QB.
Lastly, I can't stomach another "Holcombe" "Brady" or "DA" revolution when the starter throws his first interception.
I'm all about building a team and then inserting a QB, not the other way around. Look at Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, NY. And then look at Carr, Harrington, Couch, Russel, possibly Stafford, Kansas City. The lists are endless. Building from QB down is a poor formula. Holy Shit, am I really talkig about next year's draft in October? This board has sucked me in! DAMMIT!
And thats why I said if your in love with one you have to take him. If not then yes build your team up for sure.
The bottom line is it is very hard to find a FRANCHISE QB. There are not enough P. Mannings out there. When he got drafted the Colts were terrible. Look at them now. Or Matt Ryan. The Falcons were garbage before he got there. And if you feel one is out there you DO NOT pass up on that chance. No way no how. I don't care how bad your team is. Thats like saying Im gonna pass on P.Manning because my team isnt good enough. NO..........
But at the end of the day that is OUR #1 priority.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login