Draft Question
-
Greg Davis has a good list of free agent DB's.
Here's an interesting one that I missed:
Chris Gamble, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Gamble may not be the first player to come to mind when discussing top cornerbacks, but he has certainly strung together some really good seasons of play for the Panthers. He had six picks in his rookie season and followed it up with seven in ’05. He’s young, athletic, and has shown quality instincts for much of his early career. He is only 25, which will give teams an incentive to offer a long-term deal. It will be hard for Carolina to keep Gamble around if he has another strong season and isn’t signed to an extension before free agency.
-
1. Great idea, if we got Clay Jr. in the second then we could address a different need in the first.
2. If there's no better options then a first round cb could be a good choice. It took Wright a few games to get in synch, but I'd be okay with that option.
3. Another good idea, would switching to a 4-3 help?
4. A day 2 running back might not be a bad idea, especially as JL gets another year older.
5. Agreed.
6. This could be avoided if JJ comes back (I heard he was returning next year, but I could be wrong there), but I wouldn't mind potentially drafting a reciever known for having good hands.
So my position analysis would be...
1 - Linebacker/CB
2 - whichever we didn't take in round 1
4 - RT/RG
6 - RB/WR
7 - whichever we didn't take in round 6
-
\ said:
We gave up our 3rd Rounder to get Rucker and our 5th Rounder to get Hubbard. That leaves us with picks in Rounds 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7.\ said:
Ive lost track of how many draft selections we have traded away, can anyone tell me how many are left and in what rounds?But we'll probably end up with an additional pick or two based on what we get for DA and/or if we trade Winslow.
That sounds correct.
As much as I agreed with Winslow a week ago, I am beginning to think that won't happen now that BQ is at the helm.
I do think it possible we float the idea around the league we would trade Edwards.
Either way we should get a nice pick for DA and for Edwards/Winslow.....both scenarios should net 2nd rounders.
-
Do we use Winslow or Anderson to get any of the things you guys want (RT, LB)?
-
Keep Winslow, deal DA.
All of a sudden, Winslow is going to get really happy with Quinn at the helm. He'll be fine.
DA is done. Maybe a 2nd rounder or a 3th rounder.
-
\ said:
Keep Winslow, deal DA.All of a sudden, Winslow is going to get really happy with Quinn at the helm. He'll be fine.
DA is done. Maybe a 2nd rounder or a 3th rounder.
What about the huge contract Winslow will want ?
-
\ said:
Browns offseason agenda:5. I think we draft a right side blocker fairly high up.
For what it's worth Doug Dieken has said numerous times that when Isaac Sowells has played RT he has played well.
-
\ said:
\ said:
Browns offseason agenda:5. I think we draft a right side blocker fairly high up.
For what it's worth Doug Dieken has said numerous times that when Isaac Sowells has played RT he has played well.
Doug must be drinking with Kosar when he watches games.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
Browns offseason agenda:5. I think we draft a right side blocker fairly high up.
For what it's worth Doug Dieken has said numerous times that when Isaac Sowells has played RT he has played well.
Doug must be drinking that Kosar when he watches games.
Yea I had to scratch my head too.But I'm sure Doug knows more than I do about Tackle play. Maybe he meant better than Shaffer which isn't saying much.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login