Training Camp - starts July 29th
-
-
speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster
speaking of wr's being cut seems a udfa from some small ass collage Floriea will make the team again this year, who was that that talked shit about small collage guys that go undrafted ? I forgot who , must not be that important of a poster
The last Special Teams return man the Browns signed as a UDFA from Kent State was... Josh Cribbs. Having said that, just a gut feeling here that Luke Floriea can be a better Receiver in the pass game than Cribbs was. I feel bad saying I don't think Gage Larvadain quite has it - because the guy had enough heart to make the team last year. Then of course the NYJ reminded what a disaster our STs could be...
-
-
Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"
? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.
-
Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"
? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.
? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.
I did... funny movie but Randall and Klugman had amazing chemistry... And they look the part...
-
Hey we get along once in awhile... I don't hate the guy .."sheesh"
? All true Nicks, not meant to be a bad thing - which is why I had fun with the Felix and Oscar parallel. Those 2 friends with a common bond rarely agreed with each other. The sitcom was hilarious back in the day. I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.
I never saw the movie with Walter Mathau and former NFL Official Jack Lemmon as the main characters.
Best lines were when Lemmon corrects Mathau telling him with a condescending laugh, "It's not spaghetti, it's linguini!" Mathau throws it up against the wall saying, "Now it's garbage!" ? Really funny movie.
-
-

Thanks! I'm not surpised the guy that took all of the 1st team reps did the best - nor will I be when Shedeur accomplishes the same thing with the 1s - especially once the entire playbook has been implemented. A million miles ago, Watson was a 1st round QB that made Pro Bowls and Playoffs as a starter. The 1 thing that scoreboad comparison doesn't reflect is how many times Watson would have been hit/tackled/injured in the pocket or when he kept/keeps the ball (because the defense usually isn't allowed to hit the QB in training camp). When it all goes live in September, will Watson have shown Monken he's solved a lot of his pocket indecision? Along the same line, will Shedeur have proven he has expedited his processor in the pocket? All that said, I'm glad we have Monken and his offensive background here to handle this challenge.
Here's the hurdle to those important questions Shedeur & Watson need to answer above: - it's conceivable that auditioning 5 open starting spots on the OL undoubtedly will require a term Browns' fans can rarely escape called "patience." It's like the football version of dialing 911 for an emergency and the person that answers the phone says "911 can you hold?"
-

Thanks! I'm not surpised the guy that took all of the 1st team reps did the best - nor will I be when Shedeur accomplishes the same thing with the 1s - especially once the entire playbook has been implemented. A million miles ago, Watson was a 1st round QB that made Pro Bowls and Playoffs as a starter. The 1 thing that scoreboad comparison doesn't reflect is how many times Watson would have been hit/tackled/injured in the pocket or when he kept/keeps the ball (because the defense usually isn't allowed to hit the QB in training camp). When it all goes live in September, will Watson have shown Monken he's solved a lot of his pocket indecision? Along the same line, will Shedeur have proven he has expedited his processor in the pocket? All that said, I'm glad we have Monken and his offensive background here to handle this challenge.
Here's the hurdle to those important questions Shedeur & Watson need to answer above: - it's conceivable that auditioning 5 open starting spots on the OL undoubtedly will require a term Browns' fans can rarely escape called "patience." It's like the football version of dialing 911 for an emergency and the person that answers the phone says "911 can you hold?"
especially once the entire playbook has been implemented
Monken said the other day that the Install is over. I guess now it's all about reps and getting the plays down pat. And I assume they'll be a day in the near future where Sanders will get all of the reps with the ones. I believe that today (Sunday) is a day off.
-
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
-
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
That makes sense because if/when Watson fails, Shedeur comes in with a little less pressure than he would have had if he was the opening day starter with a shorter hook. Either way, I think we'ee gonna see both guys this year...
-
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
That makes sense because if/when Watson fails, Shedeur comes in with a little less pressure than he would have had if he was the opening day starter with a shorter hook. Either way, I think we'ee gonna see both guys this year...
That makes sense because if/when Watson fails, Shedeur comes in with a little less pressure than he would have had if he was the opening day starter with a shorter hook. Either way, I think we'ee gonna see both guys this year...
If Watson is named the starter, and it appears that is going to happen, it's just a matter of when, not if, Sanders takes over.
Once again, it's been like 700 days since Watson has played. We all saw how well he played the first time that happened.
Watson is made of glass at this point.
It's been since 2020 that Watson was a good starting QB.
-
Something I was keeping a rough count on - motion usage.
I know it was something this board was vocal about in 2024. In 2025, Coach Stefanski climbed clocked a 54% rate. IiRC, that was a 16 point increase.
Coach Monk, in Baltimore, was around 40-ish percent. Which would be league median in 2017.
By my count from camp, I think the number MAY climb just a little, but ends up no higher than 50% looked like around 4-5 of every 10 plays used pre-snap mo.
So, just a forewarning to the board, don't pile on this as the next trend if you hear how the motion numbers are down by week 4.
-
That makes sense because if/when Watson fails, Shedeur comes in with a little less pressure than he would have had if he was the opening day starter with a shorter hook. Either way, I think we'ee gonna see both guys this year...
If Watson is named the starter, and it appears that is going to happen, it's just a matter of when, not if, Sanders takes over.
Once again, it's been like 700 days since Watson has played. We all saw how well he played the first time that happened.
Watson is made of glass at this point.
It's been since 2020 that Watson was a good starting QB.
If Watson is named the starter, and it appears that is going to happen, it's just a matter of when, not if, Sanders takes over.
I agree. Since he joined the Browns I've always said that Watson plays dumb. When he runs, he takes on tacklers. Smart QB's don't do that. They hit the ground. When a franchise QB takes off running with the ball they need to understand that they are the most important person in the entire organization. If he gets hurt, the entire season goes into the shitter, for the whole organization. Watson isn't smart enough to know that. It is for that reason that I've been privately hoping that Shedeur is named the starter (though I've never believed that would be the case). Now, we've seen Shedeur play, what I call dumb. But that's because he's trying to become the franchise QB. He's got to put it all on the line.
-
If Watson is named the starter, and it appears that is going to happen, it's just a matter of when, not if, Sanders takes over.
I agree. Since he joined the Browns I've always said that Watson plays dumb. When he runs, he takes on tacklers. Smart QB's don't do that. They hit the ground. When a franchise QB takes off running with the ball they need to understand that they are the most important person in the entire organization. If he gets hurt, the entire season goes into the shitter, for the whole organization. Watson isn't smart enough to know that. It is for that reason that I've been privately hoping that Shedeur is named the starter (though I've never believed that would be the case). Now, we've seen Shedeur play, what I call dumb. But that's because he's trying to become the franchise QB. He's got to put it all on the line.
I agree. Since he joined the Browns I've always said that Watson plays dumb. When he runs, he takes on tacklers. Smart QB's don't do that. They hit the ground. When a franchise QB takes off running with the ball they need to understand that they are the most important person in the entire organization. If he gets hurt, the entire season goes into the shitter, for the whole organization. Watson isn't smart enough to know that. It is for that reason that I've been privately hoping that Shedeur is named the starter (though I've never believed that would be the case). Now, we've seen Shedeur play, what I call dumb. But that's because he's trying to become the franchise QB. He's got to put it all on the line.
I really enjoyed the way you aticulated that! I get the impression a lot of us see the QB situation playing out the same way.
Yeah, Watson does a very bad Larry Csonka imitation when he has the ball - which assures us he's not the brightest apple in the orchard playing QB. Let's pray he doesn't try to imitate the way Garo Yepremian threw the football (against Washington once upon a Super Bowl FG attempt gone seriously wrong). On the other hand, while Shedeur speaks fluent "Dumb Jock" - I get the sense he loves football enough to the extent he can become a good QB here. It seems to me his whole life revolves around wanting to make his dad proud; and I don't see any quit in the young man's "Vision Quest"... Monken is going to have a challenge in speeding up Shedeur's processor but I think it's doable. Prepare every week for the anticipated pre-snap reads for situational alignments/frequencies/tendencies seen on film for each upcoming opponent. Once he gets that down he'll be releasing the ball quicker-quick enough.
-
I agree. Since he joined the Browns I've always said that Watson plays dumb. When he runs, he takes on tacklers. Smart QB's don't do that. They hit the ground. When a franchise QB takes off running with the ball they need to understand that they are the most important person in the entire organization. If he gets hurt, the entire season goes into the shitter, for the whole organization. Watson isn't smart enough to know that. It is for that reason that I've been privately hoping that Shedeur is named the starter (though I've never believed that would be the case). Now, we've seen Shedeur play, what I call dumb. But that's because he's trying to become the franchise QB. He's got to put it all on the line.
I really enjoyed the way you aticulated that! I get the impression a lot of us see the QB situation playing out the same way.
Yeah, Watson does a very bad Larry Csonka imitation when he has the ball - which assures us he's not the brightest apple in the orchard playing QB. Let's pray he doesn't try to imitate the way Garo Yepremian threw the football (against Washington once upon a Super Bowl FG attempt gone seriously wrong). On the other hand, while Shedeur speaks fluent "Dumb Jock" - I get the sense he loves football enough to the extent he can become a good QB here. It seems to me his whole life revolves around wanting to make his dad proud; and I don't see any quit in the young man's "Vision Quest"... Monken is going to have a challenge in speeding up Shedeur's processor but I think it's doable. Prepare every week for the anticipated pre-snap reads for situational alignments/frequencies/tendencies seen on film for each upcoming opponent. Once he gets that down he'll be releasing the ball quicker-quick enough.
I really enjoyed the way you aticulated that! I get the impression a lot of us see the QB situation playing out the same way.
Yeah, Watson does a very bad Larry Csonka imitation when he has the ball - which assures us he's not the brightest apple in the orchard playing QB. Let's pray he doesn't try to imitate the way Garo Yepremian threw the football (against Washington once upon a Super Bowl FG attempt gone seriously wrong). On the other hand, while Shedeur speaks fluent "Dumb Jock" - I get the sense he loves football enough to the extent he can become a good QB here. It seems to me his whole life revolves around wanting to make his dad proud; and I don't see any quit in the young man's "Vision Quest"... Monken is going to have a challenge in speeding up Shedeur's processor but I think it's doable. Prepare every week for the anticipated pre-snap reads for situational alignments/frequencies/tendencies seen on film for each upcoming opponent. Once he gets that down he'll be releasing the ball quicker-quick enough.
I tend to agree here, but old habits can take time to correct. He was running for his life here last year, and the last 2 years at Colorado. Let's hope it is fixable.
The X factor is Jimmy Haslam. Please leave Monken alone, let the HC decide, not the $46 million salary (or whatever it is now).
-
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
I give you credit.
I just can't handle Cleveland radio sports talk anymore. It's all "good cop vs bad cop," takes. Long gone are guys like Geoff Sindelar, who seemed to have balanced takes.
-
I really enjoyed the way you aticulated that! I get the impression a lot of us see the QB situation playing out the same way.
Yeah, Watson does a very bad Larry Csonka imitation when he has the ball - which assures us he's not the brightest apple in the orchard playing QB. Let's pray he doesn't try to imitate the way Garo Yepremian threw the football (against Washington once upon a Super Bowl FG attempt gone seriously wrong). On the other hand, while Shedeur speaks fluent "Dumb Jock" - I get the sense he loves football enough to the extent he can become a good QB here. It seems to me his whole life revolves around wanting to make his dad proud; and I don't see any quit in the young man's "Vision Quest"... Monken is going to have a challenge in speeding up Shedeur's processor but I think it's doable. Prepare every week for the anticipated pre-snap reads for situational alignments/frequencies/tendencies seen on film for each upcoming opponent. Once he gets that down he'll be releasing the ball quicker-quick enough.
I tend to agree here, but old habits can take time to correct. He was running for his life here last year, and the last 2 years at Colorado. Let's hope it is fixable.
The X factor is Jimmy Haslam. Please leave Monken alone, let the HC decide, not the $46 million salary (or whatever it is now).
I tend to agree here, but old habits can take time to correct. He was running for his life here last year, and the last 2 years at Colorado. Let's hope it is fixable.
The X factor is Jimmy Haslam. Please leave Monken alone, let the HC decide, not the $46 million salary (or whatever it is now).
Good points Bob! Old habits can be very tough to break. Even worse at Colorado, they had one of the worst running games in Division IA College Football - so defensive pass rushers were often in pin their ears back mode vrs Pat Shurmur's passing game @ Colorado. Here's a cut and paste:

Our other example of old habits: It'll be a breath of fresh air if Jimmy doesn't interfere with Monken's plans or coaching.
-
Listening to The Fan right meow, Daryl Ruiter is going on record right now saying that Watson will be the starting QB to start the season.
I give you credit.
I just can't handle Cleveland radio sports talk anymore. It's all "good cop vs bad cop," takes. Long gone are guys like Geoff Sindelar, who seemed to have balanced takes.
I give you credit.
I just can't handle Cleveland radio sports talk anymore. It's all "good cop vs bad cop," takes. Long gone are guys like Geoff Sindelar, who seemed to have balanced takes.
Here's the thing (and this is more for the out-of-town Browns fans on here), I can't think of one local sports guy who wants Watson to win this battle. Not one guy on The Fan, not one writer, beat reporter, or guy on shows like The Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show. There is no "Watson Clique", despite what some unhinged Shadeur fans on-line might say. Any criticisms or critiques on Sanders is considered "hater talk" or even more laughably, racist. I mean, Sanders' competition is another black fellow.
If/when a local guy says that they think, or have heard, that Watson has the lead, it isn't because they are rooting for this. Zac Jackson and Jason Lloyd have both openly thought the idea of Watson ever playing for the Browns again as a complete waste of time.
So I think the coverage on this has been balanced. The guy no one wants to start is being talked about - probably accurately - as the guy who most likely is somewhat to solidly in the lead.
-
I give you credit.
I just can't handle Cleveland radio sports talk anymore. It's all "good cop vs bad cop," takes. Long gone are guys like Geoff Sindelar, who seemed to have balanced takes.
Here's the thing (and this is more for the out-of-town Browns fans on here), I can't think of one local sports guy who wants Watson to win this battle. Not one guy on The Fan, not one writer, beat reporter, or guy on shows like The Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show. There is no "Watson Clique", despite what some unhinged Shadeur fans on-line might say. Any criticisms or critiques on Sanders is considered "hater talk" or even more laughably, racist. I mean, Sanders' competition is another black fellow.
If/when a local guy says that they think, or have heard, that Watson has the lead, it isn't because they are rooting for this. Zac Jackson and Jason Lloyd have both openly thought the idea of Watson ever playing for the Browns again as a complete waste of time.
So I think the coverage on this has been balanced. The guy no one wants to start is being talked about - probably accurately - as the guy who most likely is somewhat to solidly in the lead.
I can't think of one local sports guy who wants Watson to win this battle.
Right. And I've already stated why I don't want him to win the starting job.
But in reality, if he was worth even 1/3rd of what we traded and paid for him, then in reality he should have no problem beating out a 5th round draft pick that virtually nobody wanted on their team.
All of the talking heads, the Zac Jacksons, Anthony Limas, Ken Carmens, etc. act and talk like fans....like us. Watson's not the future. We've gotta find out if Sanders is the future so we can decide about drafting a QB in '27, or not. That's thinking and acting like us. The view from 10,000 ft. But the players playing this week's game (hypothetically, we're in the regular season), they're playing to win the game. THIS week's game. They don't give a rats ass about next April's draft. They're working their asses off to win each and every week of THIS season. As is the HC and his staff. And the players see the QB's every freakin' day in practice. They usually know who has shown to be the best QB for the upcoming game. It is the obligation of the HC to put in the guy who gives his team of players the best chance to win the game. THIS game. Not next year's game(s). - Now if the team is losing and a HC deems that a spark is needed...or the team has lost such that they ain't gonna be making the playoffs, then it's more understanding to the players to see what they have in terms of the future beyond this game / season.
The HC can't give a rats ass what Zac Jackson thinks because the HC's job depends on whether or not he can deliver wins with the team he has right now. Owners are a fickled bunch. They'll spout out a bunch of reasons why the team wasn't good enough to win...and fire the coach anyway.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login