Denzel Ward going to be a Brown for a few more years
-
-
Good for him. Take as much of the dumbazz owners money as you can
-
Good for him. Take as much of the dumbazz owners money as you can
And that just about cinches another likely career ending concussion.
-
?Browns Giving Ward $62.2M
Did you hear part of this agreement means the contract can only be paid/received in Crypto?
Neither did I...
-
-
Hey Sid! Go ahead and add Delpit to the thread title...

I have noticed so called informed browns fan saying he sucked and the browns got screwed, to those i wonder ? with the #'s he put up last year who are you going to get to replace him.same go's for Ward, maybe that udfa Evans I brought up in another thread could replace Ward
-
Hey Sid! Go ahead and add Delpit to the thread title...

I have noticed so called informed browns fan saying he sucked and the browns got screwed, to those i wonder ? with the #'s he put up last year who are you going to get to replace him.same go's for Ward, maybe that udfa Evans I brought up in another thread could replace Ward
-
Delpit's been one of our leading tacklers for years now. In '24 he was THE leading tackler....by over 30 tackles. Last year he had more help on D but still finished 4th with 89 tackles. I'm glad he's signed.
Yeah, I do think he's improved in pass coverage. He's always been a good tackler, excellent when close to the LOS.
I wasn't very high on him early in his career. Maybe the Schwartz D scheme helped him out, let him play to his strengths.
Go Browns
-
Delpit's been one of our leading tacklers for years now. In '24 he was THE leading tackler....by over 30 tackles. Last year he had more help on D but still finished 4th with 89 tackles. I'm glad he's signed.
Yeah, I do think he's improved in pass coverage. He's always been a good tackler, excellent when close to the LOS.
I wasn't very high on him early in his career. Maybe the Schwartz D scheme helped him out, let him play to his strengths.
Go Browns
Yeah, I do think he's improved in pass coverage. He's always been a good tackler, excellent when close to the LOS.
I wasn't very high on him early in his career. Maybe the Schwartz D scheme helped him out, let him play to his strengths.
Go Browns
If it hasn't already been said, it's never a bad thing to keep a veteran Safety here when he's performing well. It should help the overall chemistry and continuity at the back end while offering a leadership intangible to any younger guys (ie: Rookie S. Emmanuel McNeil-Warren)
-
-
-
I've been happy about our off-season. I know improving the record still boils down to QB/passing game and how quickly the OL can gel; but man it would be so awesome if the new WRs/TEs make the QBing so much easier...
I've been happy about our off-season. I know improving the record still boils down to QB/passing game and how quickly the OL can gel; but man it would be so awesome if the new WRs/TEs make the QBing so much easier...
Exactly. The hope is Monken recognizes their QB skills, plays to their strengths, and things take off after a few games. I'm sure it may take a bit for consistency.
The way things have transpired... This doesn't look like a rebuild... It looks like the team is all in on winning now...
As it should be!!!!!!!!
-
I've been happy about our off-season. I know improving the record still boils down to QB/passing game and how quickly the OL can gel; but man it would be so awesome if the new WRs/TEs make the QBing so much easier...
Exactly. The hope is Monken recognizes their QB skills, plays to their strengths, and things take off after a few games. I'm sure it may take a bit for consistency.
The way things have transpired... This doesn't look like a rebuild... It looks like the team is all in on winning now...
As it should be!!!!!!!!
Exactly. The hope is Monken recognizes their QB skills, plays to their strengths, and things take off after a few games. I'm sure it may take a bit for consistency.
As it should be!!!!!!!!
Well now we know it's August for sure when the Browns fans become all excited for another chance to kick Lucy's football through the goalposts.??
-
I've been happy about our off-season. I know improving the record still boils down to QB/passing game and how quickly the OL can gel; but man it would be so awesome if the new WRs/TEs make the QBing so much easier...
Exactly. The hope is Monken recognizes their QB skills, plays to their strengths, and things take off after a few games. I'm sure it may take a bit for consistency.
The way things have transpired... This doesn't look like a rebuild... It looks like the team is all in on winning now...
As it should be!!!!!!!!
Exactly. The hope is Monken recognizes their QB skills, plays to their strengths, and things take off after a few games. I'm sure it may take a bit for consistency.
As it should be!!!!!!!!
Well said Bob! I want to start with a look at Watson's years in Houston where 3 of them ended in Pro Bowls (2018, 2019, 2020) and 2 ended in playoffs (2018 & 2019). All that after leading Clemson to a National Championship over Nick Saban's Alabama team (loaded with a roster of players heading to the NFL). Evidence there's something to tap that staying in Houston under that ownership didn't/doesn't prromote - see the current erosion of CJ Stroud's skills and confidence the last 2 years after beginning as an Offensive Rookie of the Year. Meanwhile, Cleveland was in disarray trying to bring in the right offensive coaches capable of extracting compatibility to what he excelled at in Houston and even Clemson to a lesser extent. In Cleveland, he lost all confidence and resorted to running the ball and putting a shoulder into front 7 defenders way too much for comfort. I was hoping we'd see the version of the guy that led Houston to erasing a late deficit to defeat Josh Allen's Buffalo Bills. Your point I bolded above says it all... All that said, if it's possible to expedite Shedeur's processer - inclusive of a more educated pre-snap analysis via Monken (which I feel is doable); it would be fun to watch him silence all his nation-wide critics that can't wait to see him fail. I could be wrong here; but I get the sense a lot of our fans haven't joined Shedeur's nation-wide critics yet.

-
The way things have transpired... This doesn't look like a rebuild... It looks like the team is all in on winning now...
The way things have transpired... This doesn't look like a rebuild... It looks like the team is all in on winning now...
Zac Jackson was saying today that he was somewhat surprised that they didn't get rid of Ward and continue the rebuild that they started by getting rid of Garrett. And I was sitting there thinking, if they'd have done that, and I'm Todd Monken, I'd have corralled both Haslem & Berry and told them, What the fuck did you hire me for then?! I came here to turn this thing around and win games. And now you're getting rid of my best players. You two guys can go fuck yourselves! I'm outa' here! - Monken's no young man. I'm sure he had no intention of going somewhere to help a team tank.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login