Sanchez & Rey-Rey
-
oh yeah, well i bet if BQ were a Jet he'd be having an all pro year!! there's no doubt about it.
Boo Cleveland, GO BQ!!!!
-
I picked up the Saints D for my fantasy team this week.
I'm calling curtains on the Sanchez honeymoon this Sunday.
-
Wow I agree with Bill Lumburgh today. Hold on a pig just flew by my window.
-
We would have then traded Quinn to Denver for their 17th pick
September 16, 2009, 7:09PM Broncos coach Josh McDaniels denied a report that he inquired about trading for Brady Quinn before the draft and said no talks took place between the two teams.
September 16, 2009, 7:09PM Broncos coach Josh McDaniels denied a report that he inquired about trading for Brady Quinn before the draft and said no talks took place between the two teams.
I think it is pretty clear that Mangini has never been a fan of BQ. If a first round pick was offered for BQ, Mangini would have jumped all over it. I can't imagine any team offering a first rounder for Quinn last offseason and I can't imagine the Browns turning it down if such an offer was made.
-
Could've been our draft. We would have then traded Quinn to Denver for their 17th pick and probably taken Hakeem Nicks.
We'll have more time to see how that would've played out, but I certainly think this team would have a much stronger foundation with Sanchez, Nicks, and Maualuga.
(Rey is playing really well... and blowing up blockers in addition to making tackles.)
Could've been our draft. We would have then traded Quinn to Denver for their 17th pick and probably taken Hakeem Nicks.
We'll have more time to see how that would've played out, but I certainly think this team would have a much stronger foundation with Sanchez, Nicks, and Maualuga.
(Rey is playing really well... and blowing up blockers in addition to making tackles.)
As much as what ifs make for good discusion the reality is that Cleveland was never offered a 1st rounder for Quinn. When teams called the team asked for a 1st rounder but nobody would ever give them one just the same as nobody would pony up a 1st rounder for Edwards. Denver was looking for a trading partner for Cutler or a 3 way trade partner for someone to take Campbell from Washington. They did want Quinn over Orton but the Bears had to get rid of Orton to get Cutler.
Speculation is nice, but I sit back and ask myself what would have happened if we drafted Sanchez and my thinking is that he would still be sitting on the bench watching Anderson and we would still be 0-3. Then when they did finally put him in, just how bad would he suck with this supporting cast. We would be saying, why did they ever trade Quinn without finding out about him.
I could also imagine Quinn in Denver with a super offensive coach, a good running game and going 3-0 to start ans us all pissing and moaning about that.
Looking back, Rey-Rey could end up being a big miss, but as everybody was pissing on Laurenitis he is also is starting playing real well. I think the bigger miss was not taking the RT Lodholt (sp) with one of our 2nd rounders. But sometimes you never know how a guy is going to fit with the team that drafts him. I just want to see our guys given a chance so we know if we made a mistake or not.
-
@shepwrite said:
Lots of speculation reshaped as certainty here. What we do know is none of us knows nothing.Would I trade this draft for Sanchez, Rey, and Nicks? Uh, yeah. Yesterday.
There was WAY too much smoke on the Quinn offers. Michael Lombardi says another team offered a 2010 first rounder, kind of like the Seymour deal.
Why Nicks though Shep? He's done less to date than MoMass.
-
@shepwrite said:
I like MoMass a lot, actually... but I think Nicks will be the WR of this draft over time. I like him a lot. Also Kenny Britt.But my point is that nobody would've drafted Mo over Nicks.
True. But until Nicks does something, I would temper the if's and buts when it comes to him.
-
The Steelers physically destroyed "Rey-Rey". Your post on that point, is garbage. The dude can't take a hit, you REALLY think he works now son? Belicheck passed for the same reason and why he fell into the 2nd round.
-
@.mz said:
Again, Nicks is nicked up (ha!) and statistics don't occur in a vacuum.One could make the "argument" that a healthy Nicks would have better stats than MoMass if he were on the Browns instead of the Giants.
See why these kinds of comparisons are silly?
Candy and nuts, my friends.
All the more toward my point.
-
@shepwrite said:
Good stuff, Solon.I'm actually in agreement on trying to compare WRs at this point. I was just saying that the Browns might have taken a WR at #17 if they'd already picked Sanchez. Then again, maybe they wait and take the WR in two and a lineman or safety at 17 or lower after a trade down. They could've traded down as low as 30 and still taken Nicks, for instance.
Rest, I can tell you the Bengals and their fans are very, VERY happy with Rey. He's played extremely well. In addition to the tackles, he blows up lead blockers like nobody's business. He's a psycho.
17 tackles, 2 FF, and 1 sack already. Aaron Curry has 15/1/1.
Lends to my very serious point about talent evaluation by this new regime....don't get me wrong...I was thrilled we jumped out of the #5 pick....but to only get a 6th rounder for the #17 pick and only a 6th rounder for the #19 pick and then to take a FKN center? then to not draft rey?....I was flabbergasted and super pissed. belicheck got 3rd and 4th rounders later in the draft and picks next year for similar trade ups...kokinis got schooled on draft day....and the talent he and EM brought in smells huge of WHIFF
-
I picked up the Saints D for my fantasy team this week.
I'm calling curtains on the Sanchez honeymoon this Sunday.
-
Personally I wouldve gone with Kenny Britt and Rey Maualuga, then got with Moore in the 2nd
-
Could've been our draft. We would have then traded Quinn to Denver for their 17th pick and probably taken Hakeem Nicks.
We'll have more time to see how that would've played out, but I certainly think this team would have a much stronger foundation with Sanchez, Nicks, and Maualuga.
Let's be real here for a second on this.
Chances of Sanchez looking anything like he is right now, if he was on the Browns, is slim and none. The Jets are a much better team on both sides of the ball than CLE.
Rey-Rey really hasn't done anything yet that makes me go "damn CLE should have picked him". Let's not get all gushy about him just yet. Plus, there is no way of telling if he'd even have the same bit of success if he was in a 3-4 D.
Nicks has 2 catches for 18 yards. Not exactly showing up as a 1st rd WR. That is less production that MoMass so far.
Masters said:
Let's be real here for a second on this.Chances of Sanchez looking anything like he is right now, if he was on the Browns, is slim and none. The Jets are a much better team on both sides of the ball than CLE.
Rey-Rey really hasn't done anything yet that makes me go "damn CLE should have picked him". Let's not get all gushy about him just yet. Plus, there is no way of telling if he'd even have the same bit of success if he was in a 3-4 D.
Also, it's important to note that both were considered risky prospects, albeit for different reasons.
Though it's hard now to see why some doubted that Sanchez would succeed (and I wasn't one of them), he did have some knocks against him: a one year starter who was surrounded by great weapons but whose decision-making was shoddy at times (3 picks in the third quarter of the Washington State game). And you'd be betting close to $50M on him being a franchise QB.
With Rey, you're talking about a guy with past anger and alcohol issues, a habit of thinking injuries are more serious than they are, and a very low Wonderlic score.
So that combination would have been very boom or bust-ish.
Sanchez ,#17 pick from Den(macklin or wells), Rey and eben britton(rt) with winslow trade...hmmm
Britton got picked at #39. After #36, we didn't pick again until #50.
You'd have to choose between Rey and Britton.
@shepwrite said:
17 tackles, 2 FF, and 1 sack already. Aaron Curry has 15/1/1.Check out solo tackles and TFL's. Those paint a slightly different picture.
Ironically, Brian Cushing is statistically dominating both of them (26 tackles, 14 solos, 3 TFL's), but he doesn't even get mentioned.
-
I truly believe we could have pick all the players you mentioned and they would not have the stats they have. In most cases they walk into a good situation were winning is expected. Bottom line...The reality is we have a long way to go and any rookie is going to struggle with us if they start.
We should start with the building blocks before we start drafting QB, WR and RB.
-
I picked up the Saints D for my fantasy team this week.
I'm calling curtains on the Sanchez honeymoon this Sunday.
-
Brian Cushing is averaging 3 more tackles a game than Maualuga.
It would of been nice to get one of these guys instead of guys who ManGenius places on inactive.
-
Could've been our draft. We would have then traded Quinn to Denver for their 17th pick and probably taken Hakeem Nicks.
We'll have more time to see how that would've played out, but I certainly think this team would have a much stronger foundation with Sanchez, Nicks, and Maualuga.
(Rey is playing really well... and blowing up blockers in addition to making tackles.)
(Rey is playing really well... and blowing up blockers in addition to making tackles.)
Rey talked with Jim Rome today (radio) and seemed like a pretty stand up kid. And completely not the guy who air-humped Erin Andrews less than a year ago.
Give him another month with Chris Henry....
-
@shepwrite said:
Good stuff, Solon.I'm actually in agreement on trying to compare WRs at this point. I was just saying that the Browns might have taken a WR at #17 if they'd already picked Sanchez. Then again, maybe they wait and take the WR in two and a lineman or safety at 17 or lower after a trade down. They could've traded down as low as 30 and still taken Nicks, for instance.
Rest, I can tell you the Bengals and their fans are very, VERY happy with Rey. He's played extremely well. In addition to the tackles, he blows up lead blockers like nobody's business. He's a psycho.
17 tackles, 2 FF, and 1 sack already. Aaron Curry has 15/1/1.
Sorry man, Rey was destroyed by the Steelers. Nuff said. Cincinnati fans can say they are "happy" all they want. If the Steeler had their brains together, they would be in trouble.
Typical early season mumbling, I can do far without.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
