Skip to content

The last day

The Browns Board
46 18 938
  • Probably should sticky this thread, as well as the other "End of Board" thread so people don't miss them.

  • There may not always be a lot of activity going on here....but more and better activity that any other Browns board. Remember, this board was voted Best Browns Board on the Internet.

  • I have no idea the situation with invision or the domain or anything, but all I need is the data dump and the domain name.

    So much great history here I'd like to preserve it - especially posts from the late greats like gipper, tour2ma, mjp.

    If you wanna coordinate with me on whatever, figuring out how to get the data from invision (I assume if someone is paying for it there's a login or something), similar for the domain (I assume someone is also paying for the renewal there). You can DM me, I'll coordinate on a call/zoom/text/email whatever.

    (not interested in starting a new board without any of the history or posts since that's pointless)

  • It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

  • It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

    Well DHB, I haven't been around much- and I'm pretty sure you know the reason why.

    I could go on a rant- RE: the Board- but I won't. I'm one of the few originals left. I go all the way back to the AOL Message Boards, and the iterations that this board has gone through. But 25 years of suckdom since 1999 has finally worn me out. I dropped my season tickets, I wasn't about to pay $4,000+ to watch shitty football. Or become a loss leader Ticket Broker on NFL Ticket Exchange getting 30 cents on the dollar if I was lucky. End of last season- you couldn't give those tickets away.

    Haslam doing what he wants- not what the fans wanted. Take your dome and shove it Jimmy. OH and hit the remaining season ticket holders up for more money when your new palace opens? I have no doubts comparable seats in the new place will top $5,000 for a pair when the new place opens. Welcome to corporate NFL.

  • image.png

    --

    Who needs yas...

  • @bbedward said:

    I expect that if I email invision and say "hey can I take over thebrownsboard.com and get access to all of the data" they probably will say no, obviously.

    I'm just confused by the process here. I assume you? or somebody has an account with invision and some registrar for the domain (godaddy, porkbun, cloudflare, whatever). And someone will have to coordinate with me to transfer the domain, and let me access the invision account so I can export the database (or just export the database and put it on gdrive or somewhere I can access it).

    But as much as I wanna take over, I cant just reach out to invision and demand it otherwise I could hijack any invision board just by sending them an email.

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    You have a guy that seems to have both the willingness and technical knowledge to take over the board, among a small bunch of people where either is rare. If the choice to blow him off is deliberate, it is an odd one to say the least.

    Having actively tried to find alternatives when the board was down before, I can honestly say this board is the best I have ever come across by miles, and it would be a loss it were to die.

  • @bbedward said:

    I expect that if I email invision and say "hey can I take over thebrownsboard.com and get access to all of the data" they probably will say no, obviously.

    I'm just confused by the process here. I assume you? or somebody has an account with invision and some registrar for the domain (godaddy, porkbun, cloudflare, whatever). And someone will have to coordinate with me to transfer the domain, and let me access the invision account so I can export the database (or just export the database and put it on gdrive or somewhere I can access it).

    But as much as I wanna take over, I cant just reach out to invision and demand it otherwise I could hijack any invision board just by sending them an email.

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

  • I have been among many good boards that have died, sad really

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    @flugel said:

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    Agree 100%.

    I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.

    I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.

  • It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

    the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt

  • sydS syd

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time

    the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt

    @syd said:

    the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt

    Okay fry brain!

  • @syd said:

    the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt

    Okay fry brain!

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay fry brain!

    crawl back in your hole

  • Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    @flugel said:

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

  • Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

  • @flugel said:

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

    ^^^ This

    edit: If the board can be saved, I would vote a sticky thread in memorial to all our dearly departed TBB posters.

  • I give to worthy charities monthly so I'd be happy to contribute monthly/quarterly to the cause if the board can be saved

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

    Here's where we are with that.

    image.png

  • @flugel said:

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    Agree 100%.

    I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.

    I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.

    @gator said:

    Agree 100%.

    I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.

    I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.

    Done