The last day
-
I expect that if I email invision and say "hey can I take over thebrownsboard.com and get access to all of the data" they probably will say no, obviously.
I'm just confused by the process here. I assume you? or somebody has an account with invision and some registrar for the domain (godaddy, porkbun, cloudflare, whatever). And someone will have to coordinate with me to transfer the domain, and let me access the invision account so I can export the database (or just export the database and put it on gdrive or somewhere I can access it).
But as much as I wanna take over, I cant just reach out to invision and demand it otherwise I could hijack any invision board just by sending them an email.
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
You have a guy that seems to have both the willingness and technical knowledge to take over the board, among a small bunch of people where either is rare. If the choice to blow him off is deliberate, it is an odd one to say the least.
Having actively tried to find alternatives when the board was down before, I can honestly say this board is the best I have ever come across by miles, and it would be a loss it were to die. -
I expect that if I email invision and say "hey can I take over thebrownsboard.com and get access to all of the data" they probably will say no, obviously.
I'm just confused by the process here. I assume you? or somebody has an account with invision and some registrar for the domain (godaddy, porkbun, cloudflare, whatever). And someone will have to coordinate with me to transfer the domain, and let me access the invision account so I can export the database (or just export the database and put it on gdrive or somewhere I can access it).
But as much as I wanna take over, I cant just reach out to invision and demand it otherwise I could hijack any invision board just by sending them an email.
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.
Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.
Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
-
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.
Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.
Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
Agree 100%.
I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.
I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.
-
It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time
It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time
the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt
-
It's well past time, this board hasn't been good for a long time
the board improved once you stopped posting , fucking dolt
-
Okay fry brain!
crawl back in your hole
-
Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.
Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.
-
Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.
You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.
This is a deliberate choice.
Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.
Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.
Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.
Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.
Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.
-
Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.
Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.
Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.
Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.
Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.
-
Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.
Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.
Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.
If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.
^^^ This
edit: If the board can be saved, I would vote a sticky thread in memorial to all our dearly departed TBB posters.
-
Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.
Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.
Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.
Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.
Here's where we are with that.

-
That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!
Agree 100%.
I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.
I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.
-
Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.
Here's where we are with that.

-
I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.
Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.
-
I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.
Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.
I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.
Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.
I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.
Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.
I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)
-
I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.
Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.
I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.
Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.
I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)
I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.
Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.
I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)
Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.
-
I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.
Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.
I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)
Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.
Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.
?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
