Skip to content

The last day

The Browns Board
46 18 935
  • Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Somehow when Stan died ownership of this board was able to be transferred over to Steve.

    You've offered twice to take the board over from Steve, and have been blown off twice.

    This is a deliberate choice.

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    @flugel said:

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

  • Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

  • @flugel said:

    Kathy was still running the board until Steve offered to do so - meaning it was as simple as a credit card payment. Since then, which was part of Kathy's plan, she has removed herself totally which is when the missing verification code became and remains the hurdle in all this. Kathy duddn't have it nor could she ever find it.

    Steve has left his phone number on his post and answered the phone when I called it yesterday before I posted explanation. I asked him why he never answered/responded to BBedwards and he said he did respond.

    Like Steve or hate his ass, a guy that was willing to take on the thankless job that Stan assured me it was when anyone tattled or did it repeatedly which meant Stan had to investigate it and give his findings, resolution and plans for keeping it resolved. Stan's work for a living was developing websites for businesses at the time; so you can imagine what he thought of anyone that tattled or did it repeatedly when grown men can't be grown men.

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If she still technically owns the board im sure she can just ask for another verification code.

    ^^^ This

    edit: If the board can be saved, I would vote a sticky thread in memorial to all our dearly departed TBB posters.

  • I give to worthy charities monthly so I'd be happy to contribute monthly/quarterly to the cause if the board can be saved

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Im sorry to hear the board is dying. Not sure what the reasoning is but somebody ought to snapshot the whole thing and put it on payback machine if no one has.

    Theres always something that can be done if the parties want it to be done.

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

    Here's where we are with that.

    image.png

  • @flugel said:

    That all being the case, let's stay focused on helping BBedward get what he needs and followup as soon as necessary. Steve left his phone # to call/text as well as his email in a post about all that needed to be done to replace Steve because WE CAN!

    Agree 100%.

    I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.

    I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.

    @gator said:

    Agree 100%.

    I also vote for a mod to sticky the two threads so that contact info doesn't end up buried.

    I lurked a long time before I made an account so I hope a solution can be found so the board stays alive.

    Done

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for your responses. Per the part I bolded above - You, me and others are thinking the same thing especially with bbedward offering to take over/relieve Steve of the responsibility. I posted in the other thread about this last night that I would give Steve a follow-up call this morning and ask him/tell him to call bbedward. My guess is when bb talks to either Jim Morissey or Marc at InVision (2 guys that have indicated they would like to make this doable for whoever wishes take over for Steve) we can shift gears and accelerate the make it happen.

    Here's where we are with that.

    image.png

    @flugel said:

    Here's where we are with that.

    image.png

    Better news, Steve and BB have had a chance to talk and only 1 of them was hospitalized after I got involved. Before Cal starts sleeping with the lights on again - that was only coincidental. Hopefully the will finds a way...

  • I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.

    Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.

  • I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.

    Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.

    Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.

    I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.

    Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.

    I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think...and forgive me for how this is going to sound...maybe someone with a little bit of technical knowledge should get involved here.

    Steve wants to unload the board. Steve is a musician not a technician. To keep it with it's accumulated database of posts somebody needs to contact these invision guys and get the real skinny what we need. Im the service manager of a good sized company so im used to dealing with this sort of thing. I dont have the infrastructure to host but I'd be happy to serve as a liason with these guys to clear it up.

    I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.

    Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.

    I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)

    @bbedward said:

    I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.

    Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.

    I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)

    Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.

  • @bbedward said:

    I'm in contact with Steve and Kathy and Flugel and invision and basically everybody else relevant so we're working on it.

    Invision won't give up the data to anybody for legal reasons, except potentially the person who was left Stan's estate - so Kathy reached out to invision to request a backup copy of the data so we'll see how that works out.

    I can write scripts and stuff to scrape the board of all of its data if it doesnt work out, but the gap would be knowing everybody's email address to retain the accounts (who owns what username, etc)

    Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

    @flugel said:

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

    That’s too many moving parts to deal with. Whittle it down to 5 or 10. Anyone who takes this on is going to want it to be relatively easy. I’ll commit $200. Axe will likely not let me outdo his contribution, so that’s $200 more. You’re a sucker for this site, so that’s $200 more.

    Literally 5 of us could fund this for a year at a time. It’s just a matter of pinpointing someone that wants to deal with the rest of the burden, which is significant.

    Bbedward, hats off if you’re that guy.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Actual effort is being expended here, good to hear. Well, if it actually shakes out, you have a base of donors to mitigate the cost. Count me among them.

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

    @flugel said:

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

    I would be open to donating to help with costs if needed. Don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

  • I'll contribute

    And I help clean

  • @flugel said:

    ?? If 50 guys contributed $20 apiece - that would cover the $1000.00 annual fee for InVision. Think about it, $20 is a pitcher of beer or 2 depending on where you live.

    I would be open to donating to help with costs if needed. Don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

    @gator said:

    I would be open to donating to help with costs if needed. Don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

    Thanks Gator! Once we find out if the message board will continue - we'll figure out the best way we can help support the one paying the annual fee and go from there. I live in Ocala and I keep hearing Spurrier's Restaurant being advertised. Have you been there?

  • Its been awhile...but I just checked back in to see what was being said around here and see that the board is coming to an end. It was a long time ago when Stan and I were discussing on AOL one night how to keep the message board running and he set this place up. Good to see its been taken care of the last few years since we lost Stan.

    Sorry to see it go...nice to see some familiar names still around here. But sadly, I kindof have the same feelings as Hoorta. I cancelled Sunday ticket this year, choosing to save the several hundred dollars and just stick with the Red Zone.

    I'll keep checking in to see what happens and if 10/16 is the last day, I'll be here to give it the proper send off!

    Mark

  • I don't think the board should proceed like it is now, in that I agree with Steve. It's in a limbo half operational state because nobody can fully control it or access its controls or access the data. Just paying the bill won't change that.

    We have a promising path forward with invision saying theyll release the data to the late Stan's widow, though I feel bad for taking any of her time for having to deal with this - hopefully the people at invision make it painless and simple.

    In my perfect world, invision gives a database dump to Kathy without much back and forth, she forwards it to me. Sends me the godaddy credentials and she never has to hear about this place ever again.

    Then I'll spend some migrating the board to NodeBB or Discourse (havent decided yet), souping it up with live gameday chats and things again, and re-launch it and we'll be happily ever after talking about mock drafts hopefully.

  • Its been awhile...but I just checked back in to see what was being said around here and see that the board is coming to an end. It was a long time ago when Stan and I were discussing on AOL one night how to keep the message board running and he set this place up. Good to see its been taken care of the last few years since we lost Stan.

    Sorry to see it go...nice to see some familiar names still around here. But sadly, I kindof have the same feelings as Hoorta. I cancelled Sunday ticket this year, choosing to save the several hundred dollars and just stick with the Red Zone.

    I'll keep checking in to see what happens and if 10/16 is the last day, I'll be here to give it the proper send off!

    Mark

    @mark-o said:

    Its been awhile...but I just checked back in to see what was being said around here and see that the board is coming to an end. It was a long time ago when Stan and I were discussing on AOL one night how to keep the message board running and he set this place up. Good to see its been taken care of the last few years since we lost Stan.

    Sorry to see it go...nice to see some familiar names still around here. But sadly, I kindof have the same feelings as Hoorta. I cancelled Sunday ticket this year, choosing to save the several hundred dollars and just stick with the Red Zone.

    I'll keep checking in to see what happens and if 10/16 is the last day, I'll be here to give it the proper send off!

    Mark

    Hot damn, good to see you Mark. We met once. Baker’s debut. It was hella fun man.

    Good to see you’re still at it.

  • there was a time when i worried about The Browns moving again, now , i could give a fuck , screw haslem